Hongbit

2019 College Football Thread

If I’m going to hang around then I might as well try get things jump started as there are more than 2 disappointing teams to talk about.  

It was a lengedary run but the Kliff Kingsbury era is over at USC.  So many great moments in such a short time.   He will be the next coach for the Arizona Cardinals.  Amazing but true.   

No new names have surfaced but Steve Sarkisian is currently unemployed.  I kid. I kid. 

Tim Drevno is on staff in his proper role as OL coach.   Hopefully he stays there.   

I tried to give the thread it’s prooer title but it was too long.

The 2019 College Football Thread (Everything That Comes Before Clemson Meets Alabama Again In The National Championship Game)

Hongbit is clearly jazzed up for next year with Urban Meyer and USC making googly eyes at each other.

Jalen Hurts is transferring to Oklahoma and will have immediate eligibility.  This is a huge get for the Sooners.  Its hard to put anybody in Bama or Clemson's class but I think they will be damn close to them next year.  

I agree. Just another odd chapter in the story of A Football Life - Jerry Kill.    

PJ is the best thing to happen to Minnesota football since they went undefeated and won the Rose Bowl when I was using them on EA Sports NCAA 06. 

He didn't even tell us how many Cadillacs he owns.

He had a German player on the team.  He called him a German *** and told him he was his new Hitler.

He was the coach at the school for Last Chance U seasons 3 and 4.  He was such a narcissist I couldn't even get through the entire season 3.  Every 3rd sentence was how he was from Compton.  Every 7th sentence was about all the Cadillacs he owns.  And every 20 minutes or so was him telling you about the beach house he owns.

47 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Michigan football could be in real trouble, for things that happened before Harbaugh ever arrived. 

Huh?

They are going to play a bowl game in Fenway.

I was just thinking we don't have enough college bowl games, so this is good.  Especially ones played outside, in December, in New England.  

17 hours ago, Deleterious said:

They are going to play a bowl game in Fenway.

I was just thinking we don't have enough college bowl games, so this is good.  Especially ones played outside, in December, in New England.  

You get a bowl game invite, and you get a bowl game invite, and you get a bowl game invite!

I hate noon games.  But this is a good idea by Fox since the other networks stack their big games in the late afternoon or early evening.

Big Ten passes SEC in total revenue by more than $100 million in 2017-18, a report says

The Big Ten hasn't placed a team in the College Football Playoff in either of the last two seasons, but they can wipe away those tears with stacks and stacks of cash. According to USA Today, the conference raked in a revenue of $759 million during the 2018 fiscal year, up 45 percent from the $512.9 million from the previous season. Twelve of the 14 member institutions will take home a paycheck of a little over $54 million, with Rutgers and Maryland receiving a smaller share due to their transition to the conference in 2014.

The massive dollar figure tops the SEC's 2017-18 fiscal revenue by a whopping $131.9 million. The SEC announced in February that it brought in $627.1 million, and doled out just over $43.1 million per school.

According to the San Jose Mercury News, the Big Ten trailed the SEC during the 2017 fiscal year. The SEC distributed roughly $41 million to its schools last year, while the Big Ten schools received an average of $38.5 million from the conference. 

A few college football Twitter accounts are being suspended.  Not fan accounts, I mean the teams official Twitter accounts.  So far Iowa, Auburn, and Rutgers have all been suspended.  

No explanations on why they were suspended.  Speculation is they used some sort of copyrighted material in a tweet.  Probably a song in some video they made.

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

A few college football Twitter accounts are being suspended.  Not fan accounts, I mean the teams official Twitter accounts.  So far Iowa, Auburn, and Rutgers have all been suspended.  

No explanations on why they were suspended.  Speculation is they used some sort of copyrighted material in a tweet.  Probably a song in some video they made.

Twitter continues it's downward spiral.

This is the guy that walked away from committed players on campus & recruits and an unfinished contract with Western Michigan?

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I saw that earlier and thought it wasn't really conducive to sitting around BSing with your teammates.   Then I realized that's probably their Gameday locker room and they probably have a slightly less luxurious version for everyday use. 

56 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

wow, I knew the Canadians don't like spending on defense, but the Royal Canadian Air Force soliciting donations is a bad look.

(I've always thought it was silly for institution to take donations from people it is directly supporting, but all university employees everywhere are hit up for donations from their employer. Of course being coerced is another thing)

The off-season is almost over as Week 0 looms next Saturday with 2 games   

Florida vs Miami

Hawaii vs Arizona