Sydney_Fife

Game 39: Pistons @ Lakers

The Pistons are down by 20 points. 

What more needs to be seen to realize this team is going nowhere and moves need to be made?

Keep the pick. 

Other than that, make trades. I really don’t even care what the **** they do at this point. Just make trades. This group is a ******* joke. 

I didn’t watch the ESPN broadcast. 

But apparently Mark Jackson was calling out the Pistons lack of effort tonight. 

Reggie Jackson and Andre Drummond are coach killers. They both need to go away and never come back. Absolute garbage. 

2 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

McCormick was not much more charitable in the Fox postgame.

2 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Reggie Jackson and Andre Drummond are coach killers. They both need to go away and never come back. Absolute garbage. 

I still wonder about Reggie's health/stamina. He looks  gased too much of the time for an NBA player.

I only caught the tail end of the game and Mark Jackson was railing into the Pistons pretty good.  Hopefully some national shame will be what pushes them to make real change and realize that this isn't working.

Griffin had zero rebounds. It seems to me that he's starting to either tire or give less of a damn now that the team is in the dumps so it might be the right thing to try to deal him now before his value erodes further mainly for his sake but for the Pistons sake as well so they can move forward from this regime.  Then try to pawn Drummond off to anybody who is willing to take on the contract and build this thing from scratch. Don't worry about trying to get value, just burn this thing to the ground by any means possible.

I'm envious of all these young teams, even the crappy ones, that at least have some direction and a future to  look forward to. I can't and don't want to watch Pistons basketball anymore because what's the point? Besides the fact that they are a boring watch, there's absolutely nothing to look forward to, no potential growth with young developing players to follow, no cap space to bring in any help, a dead arena with a fanbase that couldn't care less etc.  Just a completely irrelevant franchise right now, a franchise with such a proud history that has turned into whatever this is.

7 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Don't worry about trying to get value, just burn this thing to the ground by any means possible.

It's not even a matter of trying to get value. Who is going to take Drummond without the Pistons picking up 3/4 of his salary let alone giving you anything back?

7 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

It's not even a matter of trying to get value. Who is going to take Drummond without the Pistons picking up 3/4 of his salary let alone giving you anything back?

Yup.

Let's face it, unless the Pistons want to add future values (draft picks or cap space), they are stuck with Jackson and Drummond.

10 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

He's a young big who is one of the best rebounders in the league and a double double machine so I guarantee that there will be a taker out there if they put him on the market.  I'm not saying that they'll get a lot of value for him, but some team would take him if they didn't have to give up much. I think the league values him more than Pistons fans do although that's not based on anything factual, just my opinion.

Reggie, on the other hand, we're stuck with unless they buy him out which would be dumb as evidenced by the Smith stretch.

18 hours ago, Buddha said:

why am i suddenly reading a bunch of dbb pieces

Good question.  

13 minutes ago, NYLion said:

He's a young big who is one of the best rebounders in the league and a double double machine so I guarantee that there will be a taker out there if they put him on the market.  I'm not saying that they'll get a lot of value for him, but some team would take him if they didn't have to give up much. I think the league values him more than Pistons fans do although that's not based on anything factual, just my opinion.

Reggie, on the other hand, we're stuck with unless they buy him out which would be dumb as evidenced by the Smith stretch.

one of the unfortunate things is that now that over the last few seasons SVG and Casey have tried to give Drummond the freedom to try to do more things on the court, he has pretty much proven all the things he can't do - he's young but he really has no potential untapped upside any more.

13 minutes ago, NYLion said:

The only team that might take him without the Pistons attaching picks would be Charlotte. I personally think Batum fills a gigantic hole on the Pistons. An actual small forward that can play a little defense and shoot the three. 39 percent from distance this season. His contract blows, but so does Andre's. I'd rather have Batum on this roster.

So now we've had a team meeting and an owner/player meeting. Both were followed up by Piston losses, one to Orlando and one to a LeBron-loss Laker team.

Make. Changes.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

one of the unfortunate things is that now that over the last few seasons SVG and Casey have tried to give Drummond the freedom to try to do more things on the court, he has pretty much proven all the things he can't do - he's young but he really has no potential untapped upside any more.

Sure but there's always a coach out there who thinks they can fix a young talent so I could see teams having interest considering his production and age.  Ultimately, they might have to take a rough contract back but as long as it can offer some cap relief, I'd be willing to do it just to shake things up.

On 1/9/2019 at 2:05 AM, Deleterious said:

Amen on every point.

"Get that lazy, empty number, stat packing, goof out of here. I want Andre Drummond out of here"

"Here's an idea: Make a shot inside 3 feet. He's the worst Center in basketball shooting inside 3 feet. Get out!"

"Bad body language by everybody not named Blake"

"Every day that goes by that you don't deal Andre Drummond is a wasted opportunity"