Sydney_Fife

Game 39: Pistons @ Lakers

LeBron is out. The Lakers lost at home to the Knicks the other night. 

So that’ll be funny to remember when the Pistons lose. 

Take a look at Miami’s and Brooklyn’s rosters. Then realize LeVert has been out for 2 months and Dragic has been hurt. 

The Pistons have one of the best players in the conference. And they’re worse than those 2 teams. 

What does that say about our team?

I didn't listen to Valenti (maybe when I get home tonight...) but...

I'm guessing we're talking about the opposite sides of a Piston's coin. Blake is heads up. Dre is tails down.

If the Pistons can find a way to go 2-2 on this trip, they'll have 40 games remaining and likely be tied/or in a playoff spot.

Their last 40 games- 20 home, 20 away. They have 9 back to backs left, however. 

Their strength of schedule remaining, however, will likely be toward the bottom of the East. Right now they're 10 hardest remaining in the East, and with these 4 west coast games knocked out they'll likely at least be 11th.

Charlotte has toughest remaining, Miami 3rd. Brooklyn 4th.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.html

I hear from time to time, people wager money on sporting events.  If I was the type of person to do that, I would bet the Pistons make the playoffs.

That is a comment on how bad the bottom of the east is and not how good the Pistons are.  

17 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Griffin and the G Leaguers is my new nickname for this group. 

This sounds like a bad cover band.

Which, I guess, is kind of a good description of the Pistons in basketball rather than music.

Link won't work, but Vince Ellis says there will be a meeting this weekend to discuss the Pistons' future.

He has repeatedly said they're going to try to maximize Griffin's window. So I expect a trade before 2/7

why am i suddenly reading a bunch of dbb pieces and tweets saying they shouldnt trade andre and in defense of reggie?  what basketball are these guys watching?

The Pistons retirement home for old, washed up PG’s continues. 

Steve Blake. Jameer Nelson. Jose Calderon. 

Theres gotta be guys in the G League that are 15 years younger that could give you what Jose has over the past few games.