Sydney_Fife

Game 38: Spurs @ Pistons

28 minutes ago, Buddha said:

kcp was a lot better than stanley when he was here.  i would take kcp back.

yes - I think so. I don't care if you are drafting in the middle of the pack, you have to come up with at least one bonafide  NBA starter in 5 tries. 

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

yes - I think so. I don't care if you are drafting in the middle of the pack, you have to come up with at least one bonafide  NBA starter in 5 tries. 

svg did....he just plays for the brooklyn nets.  :(

and to be completely truthful, he comes off the bench...

24 minutes ago, Buddha said:

svg did....he just plays for the brooklyn nets.  :(

and to be completely truthful, he comes off the bench...

and ironically he was in the 2nd - I only counted the 1sts.

Brandon Knight. Greg Monroe. Andre Drummond. Austin Daye. KCP. Ellenson. Stanley. Kennard. DJ White. Rodney Stuckey. 

Dear Lord. Is there a team with a worse draft history recently?

9 hours ago, kdog said:

Man I feel bad for Blake Griffin. He has reinvented himself after losing athleticism and he is stuck with this team of slugs.

He really has.

I know he has an ugly contract, but I don't think it is as immovable as some others think because of how he has adapted his game.  Now, to be honest, I don't think he'll be easy to move and the Pistons would be able to get a slew of draft picks for him.

23 hours ago, Casimir said:

Loss.

Damnit, I should have bet the farm on it.

I haven't read any of this thread yet, but I think my "favorite" part of the game was when the Pistons were trying to get back into it and I am pretty sure on back-to-back defensive possessions Drummond and Jackson allowed hoops and fouls for three-point plays.

I never saw the stat but I'd be curious to find out what the Spurs shot from the field in the fourth quarter. It seemed there was a time that they scored about 10 straight possessions.

Update: If I counted all the shots on the shot chart correctly, it looks like SA was 12-for-17 from the field in the fourth.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:43 AM, Sydney_Fife said:

Brandon Knight. Greg Monroe. Andre Drummond. Austin Daye. KCP. Ellenson. Stanley. Kennard. DJ White. Rodney Stuckey. 

Dear Lord. Is there a team with a worse draft history recently?

What do all of those players have in common?  Their games looks exactly the same in  year 3 and 4 as it did their rookie year.  There is no player development and/or growth from this organization.  

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

What do all of those players have in common?  Their games looks exactly the same in  year 3 and 4 as it did their rookie year.  There is no player development and/or growth from this organization.  

That's a great point. Look at the one good SVG draft pick. Spencer Dinwiddie. His game dramatically changed when he changed organizations.

Hopefully, with a new coach, staff, and front office, it changes. Bruce Brown looks like a steal at 42. Thomas has some upside, although his lack of size for a wing is concerning to me.