ROMAD1

The National Emergency Over the Wall

17 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Case in point: Cincinnati is over 1300 miles away from the border.

Build The Wall is not going to be a winning strategy in mid-western states.  Trumpers up here are more "pwn the libs" types.

10 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Build The Wall is not going to be a winning strategy in mid-western states.  Trumpers up here are more "pwn the libs" types.

Building the wall is pwning the libs. It also satiates racists who just want to see brown people out of this country. 

32 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Gotta keep those Kentuckians from crossing the Ohio River.

missed this gem from Doofus who swore to uphold constitution just 26 short months ago.

On 3/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, Motown Bombers said:

If we can't afford to have someone every ten feet, whose going to watch the wall as the immigrants climb over it with a ladder? 

Here me out on this one: A second wall. To wall off the first wall. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Presumably they're talking about the Kentucky-Ohio border?

21 minutes ago, Blue Square Thing said:

Presumably they're talking about the Kentucky-Ohio border?

My Ohio cousin would have been on board with that.  Enthusiastically.  His trashy ex wife from **** lived over the border in Kentucky.   😂

• Haha 1

Been making the drive from Detroit to TN my whole life.  Every time we cross from Ohio to KY it feels nice.  Part of that is due to time.  I like to leave around 3:30 am so when we get to KY it's just becoming daylight, we're hungry, we're not far from TN, through boring Ohio.... 

I was in a long distance relationship with a girl that lived in Louisville a few years ago. Made the drive often. I could stand to never see the middle of Ohio again. 

6 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

Gotta keep those Kentuckians from crossing the Ohio River.

Can't trust those Covingtonites, to say nothing of Florence Y'all

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

Been making the drive from Detroit to TN my whole life.  Every time we cross from Ohio to KY it feels nice.  Part of that is due to time.  I like to leave around 3:30 am so when we get to KY it's just becoming daylight, we're hungry, we're not far from TN, through boring Ohio.... 

That Ohio drive is 3 hours of your life you will never get back.  KY is beautiful.

I tend to feel that way driving thru Ohio on my way to Virginia. Then I encounter the West Virginia Turnpike 🙄

The OH drive isn't bad when you get to Dayton.  There's things to look at.... but then Cincy is ****.  Road narrows, traffic, etc.   There's always panic about whether I'm in the right lane before the bridge.  

I’ve been that way quite a few times. That stretch of road is almost as bad as 75 in Michigan.

For the longest time the construction around Columbus was a bear for our trips, as well as the stoplights along 23. 

46 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

That Ohio drive is 3 hours of your life you will never get back.  KY is beautiful.

Try growing up right in the middle of that 3 hour stretch...

So Republicans tried to propose a resolution to approve this national emergency but limit national emergencies in the future you know for when a Democrat gets elected and starts declaring national emergencies. Just unbelievable. 

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

So Republicans tried to propose a resolution to approve this national emergency but limit national emergencies in the future you know for when a Democrat gets elected and starts declaring national emergencies. Just unbelievable. 

Yet somehow totally believable. 

1 hour ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Yet somehow totally believable. 

There is a lot of Trump behavior the GOP will decide is unacceptable once a Dem is POTUS. They have no principles except hold power at all costs. 

This was one of those "where does this belong" matters. 

the nutter(s?) inspired by the alt-reich decided to act.  Like the Pittsburgh Synagogue. 

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

sheesh

I keep thinking back to the news segment on The Ticket (DFW, not 97.1) after the ban of Alex Jones off of Facebook and other platforms. One of the hosts was railing about how bad it was that these companies had that kind of power, and that Jones hadn't done anything to warrant it (except, you know, all the times he actually did violate terms).

Incidents like this make bat**** crazy arguments like the one above even less persuasive than they were in the first place.

can we swap Mexicans for these white nationalists and kick them out of the country?   I am all for that.      

Make no mistake - these attacks are on Donald Trump and his racist rhetoric.   He is a cancer on humanity.   

Facebook and Twitter and YouTube are private companies and they can kick anyone off that they want.   So to **** with Alex Jones and  his nutjob followers.  They don't understand the constitution.   

Has the U.S. referred to this as a Terrorist Attack yet?   

Anyone else find it ironic that in Detroit, which shares and international border, there was a rally to build a wall but not on that border but a border 2,000 miles away? 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Has the U.S. referred to this as a Terrorist Attack yet?   

Has the U.S. sent thoughts and prayers yet?

• Thanks 1