ROMAD1

The National Emergency Over the Wall

I just read TSA agents make $35k. Our airport security is in the hands of people making $35k who aren't even getting paid. Since I don't fly, they are non-essential and can be cut from the budget. 

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I just read TSA agents make $35k. Our airport security is in the hands of people making $35k who aren't even getting paid. Since I don't fly, they are non-essential and can be cut from the budget. 

TSA positions are for no / low skill no college education individuals, and retirees, and I believe they have a higher turnover rate. If the shutdown continues for a lengthy period of time, there will be a lot of TSA positions that we will need to fill. 

8 hours ago, Euphdude said:

TSA positions are for no / low skill no college education individuals, and retirees, and I believe they have a higher turnover rate. If the shutdown continues for a lengthy period of time, there will be a lot of TSA positions that we will need to fill. 

Maybe we could offer these jobs to Central Americans who would consider coming here to try and find a better life for themselves? I'm sure they'd be pleased with a TSA job. Have them jump over or tunnel under Trump's Wall... doubly effective.

51 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Lindsey is either a.) compromised, or b.) has Stockholm Syndrome 

c) scared ****less to do his job and vote.

Lindsey has traded the compass he followed in John McCain for Trump and is the big loser in his own trade.

I have to give them credit. Dems are working really hard to come to a negotiated end to this shutdown. 

On 1/11/2019 at 7:32 PM, stanpapi said:

The senate is where anything meaningful is going to happen. Confirmation of appointees and judges. The house has no significance at this point and quite honestly, it will be end up being an excellent breeding ground for democratic stupidity in advance of 2020. Losing the house might actually end up being the best thing that could have happened for Republicans as it relates to 2020.

Nice not knowing the Constitution, and also implicitly admitting the shutdown is Dumps since the house has no signicance at this point.

11 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I have to give them credit. Dems are working really hard to come to a negotiated end to this shutdown. 

Fyi McConnell isn't around

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

c) scared ****less to do his job and vote.

Lindsey has traded the compass he followed in John McCain for Trump and is the big loser in his own trade.

All of Herschel Walker's personalities think that trade sucks

I don't know about y'alls, but this gem from Stannity is going to keep on paying

The house has no significance at this point 

Jan 11, 2019

23 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

And our stupid leader can't comprehend that the airports are where the immigrants come, legally. And then they just stay. Which is illegal. But that would make it a customs problem, correct?

Time for a Sunday rant;

I hear all these stories about the problems folks are having paying their bills because they missed a paycheck.

While I feel bad for them and while I worry about the economic problem, I just don't understand how people can be so irresponsible.  There really is no excuse to be living paycheck to paycheck. Any financial advisor that is half good at their job will tell a person to have 3 to 6 months of savings, in case of an illness or job loss.  Or any other emergency. Yes, having money in the bank seems stupid when you want a big screen TV in every room of your 4000 square foot house. People are totally uneducated of financial awareness.  I guess you could say I'm a conservative in my personal life, don't live beyond your means. Pretty simple. Maybe they should teach financially responsibly in the classroom?

Our government should not be allowed to spend more money than they have coming in. It's never a good idea to go into debt, and it's in the trillions? These politicians aren't doing a very good job.

<rant over>

Ted Cruz on MTP just now...arguing anything about a Government shutdown is risible. 

57 minutes ago, pfife said:

Nice not knowing the Constitution, and also implicitly admitting the shutdown is Dumps since the house has no signicance at this point.

What role does the house have in confirming judges or cabinet members? Answer: none.

the House has no power to do anything. Because anything they pass that isn’t bipartisan is going nowhere. If they want to be significant, maybe they should get off the beach in Puerto Rico, stop finding new ways to be on the take with lobbyists’ money, get back to to DC and stop paying lip service to federal workers that they give a rip about them.

on second thought, senator menendez does appear to be negotiating something....

Ted Cruz says the people are obsessed with securing the border and not investigating Trump's ties to Russia.   Have not seen that to be the case among those who predominantly chew with they mouths closed and breath through their noses. 

2 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Ted Cruz says the people are obsessed with securing the border and not investigating Trump's ties to Russia.   Have not seen that to be the case among those who predominantly chew with they mouths closed and breath through their noses. 

Only Trump’s 30% cult wants this wall. As usual, Raphael is talking out of his ***. 

32 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Time for a Sunday rant;

I hear all these stories about the problems folks are having paying their bills because they missed a paycheck.

While I feel bad for them and while I worry about the economic problem, I just don't understand how people can be so irresponsible.  There really is no excuse to be living paycheck to paycheck. Any financial advisor that is half good at their job will tell a person to have 3 to 6 months of savings, in case of an illness or job loss.  Or any other emergency. Yes, having money in the bank seems stupid when you want a big screen TV in every room of your 4000 square foot house. People are totally uneducated of financial awareness.  I guess you could say I'm a conservative in my personal life, don't live beyond your means. Pretty simple. Maybe they should teach financially responsibly in the classroom?

Our government should not be allowed to spend more money than they have coming in. It's never a good idea to go into debt, and it's in the trillions? These politicians aren't doing a very good job.

<rant over>

This I agree with 100%. If one paycheck is going to bury you, you’re living beyond your means. And the other thing is, what is stopping any of these folks from filing for unemployment? 

20 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Only Trump’s 30% cult wants this wall. As usual, Raphael is talking out of his ***. 

He's Captain Shutdown.  

The $5.8 billion can be much better spent for more modern ways to secure our country. It's been pointed out that most of the illegal immigrants are flying here and just not leaving. But...with that being said, it is worth shutting down the entire government for something that is just a very small percentage of the overall budget? Give him the money with the understanding that all litigation costs come out of the $5.8 billion. Then proceed with the well deserved impeachment hearings. Maybe if the Dems went ahead and approved it, the GOP would grow a spine and not approve it. Yeah, I agree. Not gonna happen. 

26 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

This I agree with 100%. If one paycheck is going to bury you, you’re living beyond your means. And the other thing is, what is stopping any of these folks from filing for unemployment? 

A chill went up my spine when I read this. I must be wrong if you agree with me.  : )

Unemployment used to take a few weeks to kick in, even if they're eligible.  But I know nothing about the rules. I collected it for a summer back in the '80's and there was a 2 week waiting period back then.

And if they're still working and not getting paid? I'm not sure if they would be eligible at all.

54 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

What role does the house have in confirming judges or cabinet members? Answer: none.

the House has no power to do anything. Because anything they pass that isn’t bipartisan is going nowhere. If they want to be significant, maybe they should get off the beach in Puerto Rico, stop finding new ways to be on the take with lobbyists’ money, get back to to DC and stop paying lip service to federal workers that they give a rip about them.

on second thought, senator menendez does appear to be negotiating something....

You said they were insignificant at this point.  Oh my.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Time for a Sunday rant;

<rant over>

My Sunday Rant

Nothing against you personally but this is just ******* stupid.

I’m sure a very small minority fit your example of people purposly living above their means.   The other 90% having a hard time don’t live in 4,000 sq foot homes, haven’t bought a new TV in years, and have never been to any financial advisor much less a half good one. Income barely covers rent, car, food, and child care costs for many, many people in America.  Every paycheck is essential.  Not having 3-6 months in savings has nothing to do with financial responsibility for them. It’s just basic math.  

Be fortunate that you are not in this position instead of being an ...

<rant over>

2 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Almost as bad as having to look at:FullSizeRender-20.jpg

33 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

My Sunday Rant

Nothing against you personally but this is just ******* stupid.

I’m sure a very small minority fit your example of people purposly living above their means.   The other 90% having a hard time don’t live in 4,000 sq foot homes, haven’t bought a new TV in years, and have never been to any financial advisor much less a half good one. Income barely covers rent, car, food, and child care costs for many, many people in America.  Every paycheck is essential.  Not having 3-6 months in savings has nothing to do with financial responsibility for them. It’s just basic math.  

Be fortunate that you are not in this position instead of being an ...

<rant over>

90% huh? There's a credibility issue when people make numbers up. I say it's 79.6 % spending more than they make. I see it every time I drive down the road. People driving in their $50,000 SUVs while talking on their $700 cell phone. Probably whining they can't pay their bills.

Look, i know this sounds cold. But it's the new American way. If you can't afford something, just charge it or get a loan.  And if something breaks, throw it out and buy a new one. It's good for the economy. Keeps the bankers working...