Sydney_Fife

Game 37: Jazz @ Pistons

Utah by 6. There’s your ballgame. Collapse the defense on Blake and make someone else do something. 

Pistons were down 1 with the ball and their shot was a Bruce Brown drive into 2 guys for a turnover. 

Just a horrible offense. 

Please God go get Blake some help. He’s literally just carrying this team on his back with no help whatsoever. 

Go get him help or trade him. This **** right now isn’t doing anything for anyone. 

Pistons cut it to 4. Nobody hedges on Mitchell and he hits the dagger. 

Thanks, SVG. 

Mitchell absolutely dominated at the end. Totally took over. 

Thanks a lot SVG. Set us back another decade. 

The IQ of the Pistons on display again. Back to back inbounds plays result in a turnover and a wasted timeout. 

They cannot defend inbound plays. 

Lack of basketball IQ

Blake has to feel so defeated playing with this team. Get this guy some help. 

Late rally by Blake, pretty much on his own, and Jackson throws the pass away with Blake still running up the floor. 

That ball has to be in Griffin’s hands. Just another low IQ play by the dumbest team in the league. 

Watching the Pistons feels a lot like an extension of the  Flint Metro League prep basketball I cover Friday nights.

Pistons now sit in the 9 seed. They’re 17-20 with 5 tough games coming up, all against the west and 4 on the road 

The Pistons are currently in the absolute last place an organization should be. The middle. They’re paying a bunch of money to be a fringe playoff team in the joke of a conference that is the East. 

Either **** or get off the pot. You can’t be paying Blake Griffin all this money to sit around and hope that Stanley and Kennard “figure it out”. This roster is absolute dog **** beside Blake. 

Youre either in or you’re out. The Pistons should trade Blake if they’re not going to get him any help. Johnson is trash. Kennard looks slow and will never be any good defensively. Those guys aren’t going to make much difference while Griffin is here. They’re trade chips for me. They were bad picks from the previous front office. Trade them. 

Take Andre, Kennard, and a first rounder and go get Beal. I’m sick and tired of watching Blake and the G leaguers. Youre wasting an all star season from Griffin, who is playing the best basketball of his life. 

Turn the game on.  See Mitchell coming off a screen, Griffin doesn't show, instead stays down low and doubles Gobert.  Mitchell bombs the wide open shot.  I laugh.  Turn it back to the Mavs-76ers game.  

I’m calling Washington and giving them pretty much whatever they want for Beal. 

Or I’m trading Griffin and tanking. 

Pick your poison. What they’re doing right now is the definition of running on the treadmill. Kennard, Johnson, the 11th pick or whatever they get aren’t going to make much difference over the next few seasons. 

Go get him help or trade him. 

• Like 1

And please God, stop playing Calderon. Give Thomas minutes and run without a traditional PG. 

1 minute ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I’m calling Washington and giving them pretty much whatever they want for Beal. 

Or I’m trading Griffin and tanking. 

Pick your poison. What they’re doing right now is the definition of running on the treadmill. Kennard, Johnson, the 11th pick or whatever they get aren’t going to make much difference over the next few seasons. 

Go get him help or trade him. 

This. 

Why would Washington trade Beal?

The Pistons don't have a single player Washington would want for Beal.  Not one.  

2 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

The Pistons are currently in the absolute last place an organization should be. The middle. They’re paying a bunch of money to be a fringe playoff team in the joke of a conference that is the East. 

Either **** or get off the pot. You can’t be paying Blake Griffin all this money to sit around and hope that Stanley and Kennard “figure it out”. This roster is absolute dog **** beside Blake. 

Youre either in or you’re out. The Pistons should trade Blake if they’re not going to get him any help. Johnson is trash. Kennard looks slow and will never be any good defensively. Those guys aren’t going to make much difference while Griffin is here. They’re trade chips for me. They were bad picks from the previous front office. Trade them. 

Take Andre, Kennard, and a first rounder and go get Beal. I’m sick and tired of watching Blake and the G leaguers. Youre wasting an all star season from Griffin, who is playing the best basketball of his life. 

Wish it would happen, but what hope is there? You have ownership with zero basketball IQ of it's own - proven by the fact it took it so long to see that SVG was a train wreck as a GM. So now we have Stefanski - whose CV as a GM is completely questionable.

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Why would Washington trade Beal?

The Pistons don't have a single player Washington would want for Beal.  Not one.  

Because they’re in cap **** and going nowhere. They get a first rounder, a young SG, and a center that is much better than Mahami. I like Bryant but Andre is better. 

Just sick and tired of the 9 seed. Sick and tired of the same old **** every season. Griffin is playing like a top 15 guy on Earth and this team still can’t win.