Sydney_Fife

Game 37: Jazz @ Pistons

Utah bombed Cleveland tonight. 

Orlando was up 19 in the second and they’re down 17 in the 4th.

From up 19 in the second to a loss by 17. Magic lose to the Wolves

Washington loses to Miami. Spo’ has done a great job there too. 

Might come down to the Pistons and Hornets for the final playoff spot. I like Brooklyn. They play hard and compete. Tough schedule left, though. 

I would take on Batum to get rid of Drummond. I think Marvin Williams would be a nice fit. We need shooting. 

Batum isn’t very good but neither is Andre. 

8 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I would take on Batum to get rid of Drummond. I think Marvin Williams would be a nice fit. We need shooting. 

Batum isn’t very good but neither is Andre. 

Assuming Andre and Batum exercise their player options, the Batum deal will end a year earlier.  The same year the Batum deal ends, Jackson, Leuer, and Galloway will also become free agents.  Giving the Pistons some dry powder in free agency to try to bring in some guys for Blake.  

It wont work.  Free agents wont come here.  But it's something, I guess.  

Good time to discuss how bad Mitchell has been this year.  

He's still scoring a lot.  But his shooting and efficiency are really bad.  41%/29%/50% is ugly, really ugly.  Be fun to watch and see if he can turn it around or if this is more who he is.  

13 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Assuming Andre and Batum exercise their player options, the Batum deal will end a year earlier.  The same year the Batum deal ends, Jackson, Leuer, and Galloway will also become free agents.  Giving the Pistons some dry powder in free agency to try to bring in some guys for Blake.  

It wont work.  Free agents wont come here.  But it's something, I guess.  

I believe they both expire the same season. 20/21 will both be their player options. 

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/charlotte_hornets/

Batum hasn’t been that bad this year. At least he understands he isn’t a scorer and doesn’t jack up that many shots. He’s at 40 percent from deep on 3 attempts per game. Has always been decent defensively, good assist numbers. 

Not saying he’s any good. But the Pistons need floor spacing around Blake. Drummond is a high volume, inefficient, low IQ player. He’s a losing player. There’s a reason why the Pistons haven’t won with him being one of the focal points of the team. 

15 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Good time to discuss how bad Mitchell has been this year.  

He's still scoring a lot.  But his shooting and efficiency are really bad.  41%/29%/50% is ugly, really ugly.  Be fun to watch and see if he can turn it around or if this is more who he is.  

In hindsight, Mitchell was the pick. But I still think Kennard will be a good player. So I don’t really get mad about that pick. 

The Johnson one stunk from day 1. He couldn’t shoot in college. The Pistons were atrocious shooting the 3 at the time. I saw the defensive appeal but you can’t draft a kid at 8 for defense. Unless you’re taking the next Ben Wallace. 

3 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I believe they both expire the same season. 20/21 will both be their player options. 

Ugh, forget it then.  I thought Batum expired a year earlier.

I would try for Williams and Biyombo then.  

6 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Ugh, forget it then.  I thought Batum expired a year earlier.

I would try for Williams and Biyombo then.  

Drummond and GR III

Hornets toss in a future second. 

3 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Drummond and GR III

Hornets toss in a future second. 

Works for me.  Like I said, it wont work.  But I suppose you have to try if you're not willing to do a proper tank.

I also think Charlotte might bite.  Gives them a little something to show Kemba they are trying to add talent and win.  If he leaves, you play out the final two years of Drummond/Batum and start the rebuild around Monk and Bridges.  

3 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2019/1/5/18159470/detroit-pistons-andre-drummond-nba-trade-deadline-blake-griffin-detroit-pistons-time-to-break-up

Since 2014, 31 players have taken 4,300 shots. 

Drummond has the lowest total shooting percentage of those 31 players. Dead last. And those all were in the paint, basically. 

Yep. Been saying this for a while now. Maybe this GM will make the move that needs to be made.

Utah is a great defensive team. 

The Pistons are dead last in the NBA in total shooting percentage. 

Oh boy. 

Still think if you took out Drummond and replaced him with Leuer, you’d be better off provided you made an upgrade on the wing. 

Speaking of Biyombo. 16/10 tonight on 7/9 shooting in 25 minutes. Starting with Zeller out. 

Nice start! 7-0 Pistons. 

Need to keep up the intensity. Ball and people movement on offense. Seems to come and go. Need to maintain it