Jump to content

chasfh

The 116th United States Congress (2019-2021)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Has Trump used that language with a member of the democratic party? Publicly? The democrats managed to go to the lowest common denominator on their very first day. 

Little Adam Schitt

That's called checkmate.  Post better you hack.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, pfife said:

Little Adam Schitt

That's called checkmate.  Post better you hack.

Schitt is not a profanity. It might be a misspelling. Or a sly way to remind the guy he has issues he wouldn't want to see the light of day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Schitt is not a profanity. It might be a misspelling. Or a sly way to remind the guy he has issues he wouldn't want to see the light of day. 

Hackity hackity hack hack hack hackity hack

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Schitt is not a profanity. It might be a misspelling. Or a sly way to remind the guy he has issues he wouldn't want to see the light of day. 

Tlaib called Trump a Mother Phucker which is not a profanity.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Do they have a country music version for the righties?  

For some reason, I feel Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent would be appropriate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Schitt is not a profanity. It might be a misspelling. 

article-0-203C9DB900000578-441_964x632.j

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I never asked for your analysis. I wanted proof that the Trump tax cut has caused an increase in development in Detroit. You have provided nothing. You cited Dan Gilbert and Mike Illitch, one of which is dead, who started projects long before Trump took office and before his tax cut went into effect. 

Ok, so you're probably going to regret that you asked for proof. But I'll put this in some very real perspective for you- a simple example of one of the primary economic incentives in the Republican tax bill- the opportunity zone incentive. 

  • Investor owns a business or a stock in the market. He has a $10,000,000 gain. He's wanted to cash out and diversify, but he would owe the government $2,000,000 on the gain, and he'd really like to find a way to defer that.
  • Investor puts the $10,000,000 into the rehab of a building in a designated area of Detroit, or invests in a business in Detroit.
  • If they do this, the investor does NOT pay the $2M tax now. In fact, they don't have to pay it for 8 years.
  • In the 8th year, they finally have to pay the tax, but they get to reduce the amount they pay by 15%. So they have to come up with what is now $1.7M for the tax, but give a smart person 8 years and they can certainly figure out how to raise cash to do that.
  • Here's the kicker....If they maintain their $10M investment in the Detroit property for a total of 10 years, then sell it for $25M...the $15M gain on that Detroit investment is completely tax free. Completely. Tax. Free. That's right. They pull $25M out and pay no tax on their Detroit investment.

This is intended to promote the rebirth of economically challenged areas, while giving investors an incentive to do so. Plus, it provides incentive to keep the investors in these properties for the long term. Not bad for a hastily written tax law.

Now, to address your question "what's the proof Trump's tax cut is spurring activity in Detroit"? The tax bill passed in December of 2017. In the case of opportunity zones, it took the states six months+ to identify the parcels that would be eligible for this incentive, and then another few months for the government to provide rules on exactly how this will work. The equity investment dollars have been waiting on the sidelines during that time. Which is why deals are just starting to fund more than a year later.  

Do I have evidence that investment activity is occurring in Detroit and other areas around the country because of this incentive? Yep, lots of it. But you could google it and find that out too. However, it's a good example of how there can be a delay in the economic impacts of a tax cut. People can certainly make quick decisions when rates just go up or down. A true economic incentive like this one takes longer to work through the investment community. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stanpapi said:

Schitt is not a profanity. It might be a misspelling. Or a sly way to remind the guy he has issues he wouldn't want to see the light of day. 

s126410235876078815_p145_i1_w1024.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Ok, so you're probably going to regret that you asked for proof. But I'll put this in some very real perspective for you- a simple example of one of the primary economic incentives in the Republican tax bill- the opportunity zone incentive. 

  • Investor owns a business or a stock in the market. He has a $10,000,000 gain. He's wanted to cash out and diversify, but he would owe the government $2,000,000 on the gain, and he'd really like to find a way to defer that.
  • Investor puts the $10,000,000 into the rehab of a building in a designated area of Detroit, or invests in a business in Detroit.
  • If they do this, the investor does NOT pay the $2M tax now. In fact, they don't have to pay it for 8 years.
  • In the 8th year, they finally have to pay the tax, but they get to reduce the amount they pay by 15%. So they have to come up with what is now $1.7M for the tax, but give a smart person 8 years and they can certainly figure out how to raise cash to do that.
  • Here's the kicker....If they maintain their $10M investment in the Detroit property for a total of 10 years, then sell it for $25M...the $15M gain on that Detroit investment is completely tax free. Completely. Tax. Free. That's right. They pull $25M out and pay no tax on their Detroit investment.

This is intended to promote the rebirth of economically challenged areas, while giving investors an incentive to do so. Plus, it provides incentive to keep the investors in these properties for the long term. Not bad for a hastily written tax law.

Now, to address your question "what's the proof Trump's tax cut is spurring activity in Detroit"? The tax bill passed in December of 2017. In the case of opportunity zones, it took the states six months+ to identify the parcels that would be eligible for this incentive, and then another few months for the government to provide rules on exactly how this will work. The equity investment dollars have been waiting on the sidelines during that time. Which is why deals are just starting to fund more than a year later.  

Do I have evidence that investment activity is occurring in Detroit and other areas around the country because of this incentive? Yep, lots of it. But you could google it and find that out too. However, it's a good example of how there can be a delay in the economic impacts of a tax cut. People can certainly make quick decisions when rates just go up or down. A true economic incentive like this one takes longer to work through the investment community. 

I love how YOU make a claim and then ask me to Google the proof for you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I love how YOU make a claim and then ask me to Google the proof for you. 

Actually, I just told you how it works. You can google it if you don't believe this isn't one of the hotter things in the investment community right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stanpapi said:

Actually, I just told you how it works. You can google it if you don't believe this isn't one of the hotter things in the investment community right now. 

I never asked you how it works. I asked you what evidence there is to YOUR claim that development in the city of Detroit has increased because of Trump's tax cut. Remember, this started with you falsely claiming Illitch and Gilbert increased development because of Trump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I never asked you how it works. I asked you what evidence there is to YOUR claim that development in the city of Detroit has increased because of Trump's tax cut. Remember, this started with you falsely claiming Illitch and Gilbert increased development because of Trump. 

My evidence is grass roots involvement with the investment community. I gave you the complete road map, including, most importantly, why this incentive took time to work through the system. These are private transactions, which means the random internet dude that hadn't heard about them before today certainly isn't going to know about the economic activity they spur until they've been made public. Which will also be around the time that the trades, builders and others around the city start going like gangbusters. So I assume you'll have to check them off in your Detroit index thingy in a couple of quarters. I"m just telling you what I've seen and heard. You don't have to look too hard online to find the investment community's keen interest in these. This is a big tax incentive to do good in areas that need it. And it's structured to actually work. And unless some future democratic administration (if there is such a thing) decides to gut the economic and tax incentive down the road, they will work as intended. 

By the way, this isn't just a Detroit thing- it's all over Michigan and the other 49 states as well. But the MSM not only didn't care to learn about it, they didn't publicize it at all. Why is that? Perhaps they didn't want people to know that the Republicans- and Trump- had come up with a rather unique incentive to marry investors that have significant capital with areas of economic need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has gone from Gilbert and Illitch to benefitting, to spin off business, and to a grassroots development that only you know about. What happened to the Crains article? You're full of ****. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

This has gone from Gilbert and Illitch to benefitting, to spin off business, and to a grassroots development that only you know about. What happened to the Crains article? You're full of ****. 

Look, if you don’t want to accept what I’m telling you, don’t read it. You asked how it would benefit Detroit. I told you. Very specifically. The overall tax act clearly benefits high end players like Gilbert and the ilitch family. And it’s a fact that There have been articles for two years about numerous other players making new investments in the city. The tax act and the Trump economy are huge drivers of that.

as for the opportunity zone incentives, there hasn’t been an investment conference of any weight held anywhere in the country in 2018 that didn’t have this front and center on its agenda. There isn’t an investment adviser anywhere worth their stones that isn’t promoting the benefits. They are specifically targeted at areas like Detroit. There are still significant gains in the markets looking for a deferral opportunity. This spans the entire universe of investors. The bigger investment houses are putting together large funds that will pool these dollars and invest in multiple communities across the country. And more local players are setting up their own funds with more regional investment. Either way, big money is flowing into these vehicles over the course of 2019. It will be substantially focused in the real estate space, but other forms of investment will be included too.

maybe it’s really what I said at the end of my last post- how dare a Republican tax bill provide meaningful, 10 year incentives to get investments flowing to inner cities? But real is real, and the fact you didnt know it existed before today doesn’t mean there aren’t lots of equity investors that very much know it exists. Their money will be moving your index. now you know why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stanpapi said:

That's incorrect. His comment on that tape was made in 2011 as a private citizen and it was in reference to putting tariffs on China. That was 5 years before he became president. Frankly, I'll take the guy who calls the commie enemy a ************ every day of the week over the freshman congressman who just said "impeach the ************" in public, in reference to the sitting US president, simply because she's unhappy her side didn't win in 2016. 

The broader point here isn't the swearing. It's that Rashida tafoulmouth played right into his hand. On day one of being in power, this is how she behaves. It's like she's the poster child for the do nothing democrats. Party of obstruction. Party of investigation. Party of no ideas whatsoever. Party of the ************.

Stan you are: Full. Of. ****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tiger337 said:

LOL, So it's OK to use nicknames if they are effective and true?  ************ Trump?  How about that?  

Donald "LYING-MF'er-in-CHIEF" Trump.

Donald "MORON-in-CHIEF" Trump.

Donald "DEUCHEBAG" Trump.

Donald "IQ Lower than 90" Trump.

Donald "SLEAZEBAG" Trump.

Donald "BRAINLESS ****" Trump.

Donald "PUTIN'S PUPPET" Trump.

Donald "FAKE PRESIDENT" Trump.

Donald "PRISON INMATE 2020" Trump.

And... they are all true!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s impossible to debate Stannity since the goalposts constantly move from the end zone to the 50 yard line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He is full of Schitt

thanks for not using an obscenity

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Schitt is not a profanity. It might be a misspelling. Or a sly way to remind the guy he has issues he wouldn't want to see the light of day. 

C’mon. Even you know the intent behind that tweet. Don’t be so dense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Look, if you don’t want to accept what I’m telling you, don’t read it. You asked how it would benefit Detroit. I told you. Very specifically. The overall tax act clearly benefits high end players like Gilbert and the ilitch family. And it’s a fact that There have been articles for two years about numerous other players making new investments in the city. The tax act and the Trump economy are huge drivers of that.

as for the opportunity zone incentives, there hasn’t been an investment conference of any weight held anywhere in the country in 2018 that didn’t have this front and center on its agenda. There isn’t an investment adviser anywhere worth their stones that isn’t promoting the benefits. They are specifically targeted at areas like Detroit. There are still significant gains in the markets looking for a deferral opportunity. This spans the entire universe of investors. The bigger investment houses are putting together large funds that will pool these dollars and invest in multiple communities across the country. And more local players are setting up their own funds with more regional investment. Either way, big money is flowing into these vehicles over the course of 2019. It will be substantially focused in the real estate space, but other forms of investment will be included too.

maybe it’s really what I said at the end of my last post- how dare a Republican tax bill provide meaningful, 10 year incentives to get investments flowing to inner cities? But real is real, and the fact you didnt know it existed before today doesn’t mean there aren’t lots of equity investors that very much know it exists. Their money will be moving your index. now you know why.

I never asked you why. I asked you to back up your claim that the city of Detroit has experienced an increase in economic development relating solely to the Trump tax cuts. This isn't that hard. You make a claim, you back it up with facts. That's what non Trump people do. Again, what development has happened in Detroit that directly relates to the Trump tax cuts besides GM closing their only plant in the city?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,325
    • Total Posts
      2,856,142
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...