Jump to content

chasfh

The 116th United States Congress (2019-2021)

Recommended Posts

Just now, stanpapi said:

Were any of the nicknames I referenced- or any that I did not- profane? In any way? Answer: no. They were just....true. 

 

Calling Trump a ************ is true too.  People use profanity all the time now.  Disrespecting somebody without using profanity is no better. You're making yourself look silly trying to pretend that Trump is on a higher moral ground.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donald Trump literally tried to insinuate his followers shoot his opponent. He dragged about being able to kill somebody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

He made it easier for them to make a profit which was the goal.  Most of the big businesses are using the money for stock buy backs.  

Dan Gilbert and Mike Ilitch are private enterprises, so there is no stock buy backs. Both of them have plowed tons of dollars into the city and continue to do so. They employ an awful lot of people and create alot of economic activity in her district. Now, can they save inkster, which is also in her district? Likely not. That's a ****hole on par with hati. But to say that Trump has done nothing for her district is ridiculous. There is more activity downtown in the last 2 years than there has been in my lifetime. He's creating the economic environment for people to continue to be comfortable investing in downtown- and that goes well beyond the gilberts and the ilitches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

Calling Trump a ************ is true too.  People use profanity all the time now.  Disrespecting somebody without using profanity is no better. You're making yourself look silly trying to pretend that Trump is on a higher moral ground.  

You say the nicknames are disrespectful? Well, if you're assigned a nickname that happens to be so true that the voters make decisions based on it, it's pretty darn effective. All while being profanity free. 

What this boils down to is that democrats never had a Republican actually call them out for their BS. For the decades that they ruled the roost in congress. And now they not only have someone calling them out, they have someone just in their face 24/7, a personality they can't stand, and they absolutely hate it. They aren't used to it and they don't know how to react to it. So they go off the rails into profanity, among other nonsensical responses. They've been taken so far off their game that they're not in the same state as the playing field for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL the deals for the arena and the Hudson development were in process long before Trump's tax cut. Little Caesers Arena broke ground a full two years before Trump was elected. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

LOL the deals for the arena and the Hudson development were in process long before Trump's tax cut. Little Caesers Arena broke ground a full two years before Trump was elected. 

Are you aware of all the other developers not named Gilbert or Ilitch who are there because of Gilbert and Ilitch? Are you aware of all the redevelopment that is happening because they took the risk in the first place? Let me tell you, those people all need capital and loans. And they aren't getting either for downtown detroit businesses or real estate if the last 2 years of economic activity hadn't occurred.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, the Hudson development broke ground and approved before the Trump tax cuts passed. This is like when Papi tried to blame cost overruns from the Big Dig on Democrats despite Republicans being in control throughout the entire process. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

Are you aware of all the other developers not named Gilbert or Ilitch who are there because of Gilbert and Ilitch? Are you aware of all the redevelopment that is happening because they took the risk in the first place? Let me tell you, those people all need capital and loans. And they aren't getting either for downtown detroit businesses or real estate if the last 2 years of economic activity hadn't occurred.  

Are you aware that Gilbert and Illitch had been investing in Detroit long before Trump? Mike Illitch started with the Fox Theater in 1988. He had acquired the land over a decade ago. He broke ground in 2014, 4 years before the Trump tax cuts but somehow tax cuts in 2018 after Mike Illitch is dead helped Illitch in 2014 securing capital for his arena. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the profanity. Anything but the profanity. What will the children think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Donald Trump literally tried to insinuate his followers shoot his opponent. He dragged about being able to kill somebody.

He didn't swear when he said it though, so it's OK.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Not the profanity. Anything but the profanity. What will the children think?

The children mother ******* loved it.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Also, the Hudson development broke ground and approved before the Trump tax cuts passed. This is like when Papi tried to blame cost overruns from the Big Dig on Democrats despite Republicans being in control throughout the entire process. 

A crains detroit business subscription is under $200 a year. Alternatively you peruse their website for the last two years for free in headline form to learn about everyone not named Ilitch and Gilbert who are now taking risks down there. Precisely because of tax incentives (both rate cuts and specific zone incentives for economic investment). Precisely because the strong economy is freeing equity investment as well as financing. I know that takes some time. But the weekend is just getting started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

A crains detroit business subscription is under $200 a year. Alternatively you peruse their website for the last two years for free in headline form to learn about everyone not named Ilitch and Gilbert who are now taking risks down there. Precisely because of tax incentives (both rate cuts and specific zone incentives for economic investment). Precisely because the strong economy is freeing equity investment as well as financing. I know that takes some time. But the weekend is just getting started. 

Typical Papi. You specifically mentioned Gilbert and Illitch. It's pointed that it's false. You then move the goalposts and become condescending. Development in Detroit was happening long before Trump's tax cut. You made the claim so the burden of proof is on you. How did this become I need to prove your new point? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some facts about Dan Gilbert and Mike Illitch. Both are wealthier than Trump, neither have filed bankruptcy, and both of their casinos are still in business. Oh and remember when Detroit turned down Trump's casino? Dodged a bullet there. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another difference between Illitch and Trump. Trump decided to start a sham university and sell people get rich quick schemes using lies and false promises. Illitch donated $40 million to Wayne State and let actual educators run his business program. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Typical Papi. You specifically mentioned Gilbert and Illitch. It's pointed that it's false. You then move the goalposts and become condescending. Development in Detroit was happening long before Trump's tax cut. You made the claim so the burden of proof is on you. How did this become I need to prove your new point? 

I mentioned them because they're the biggest, most obvious ones. It takes too long to type all the others. That's why I told you to buy a crain's subscription. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

I mentioned them because they're the biggest, most obvious ones. It takes too long to type all the others. That's why I told you to buy a crain's subscription. 

You don't know how to copy and paste? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we've officially entered "screw loose" territory with these nitwits like this crazy.

Quick, somebody break it to her that there aren't enough "tippy top" ten million dollar a year earners to fund her nonsense of zero carbon emissions in 12 years. And at the 60-70% tax rates she's proposing (well into the 80% range when you factor in high tax states), there will be far fewer of them than there are today. 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-calls-for-super-wealthy-to-be-taxed-70-to-fund-green-new-deal/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

You don't know how to copy and paste? 

Yes, but what I don't like to do is go through 2+ years of issues for you and find each one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Yes, but what I don't like to do is go through 2+ years of issues for you and find each one. 

This isn't for me. You're making a claim and wanting me to research it for you. That's not how this works. Plus, the tax cuts didn't go into effect until this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Well, we've officially entered "screw loose" territory with these nitwits like this crazy.

Quick, somebody break it to her that there aren't enough "tippy top" ten million dollar a year earners to fund her nonsense of zero carbon emissions in 12 years. And at the 60-70% tax rates she's proposing (well into the 80% range when you factor in high tax states), there will be far fewer of them than there are today. 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-calls-for-super-wealthy-to-be-taxed-70-to-fund-green-new-deal/

This inspired me to change my avatar.  Thank you sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Well, we've officially entered "screw loose" territory with these nitwits like this crazy.

Quick, somebody break it to her that there aren't enough "tippy top" ten million dollar a year earners to fund her nonsense of zero carbon emissions in 12 years. And at the 60-70% tax rates she's proposing (well into the 80% range when you factor in high tax states), there will be far fewer of them than there are today. 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-calls-for-super-wealthy-to-be-taxed-70-to-fund-green-new-deal/

Not sure why Trumpers have a problem with this since they want to move back to the 1950's. Why not move the tax brackets to the 1950's?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Motown Bombers said:

This isn't for me. You're making a claim and wanting me to research it for you. That's not how this works. Plus, the tax cuts didn't go into effect until this year. 

First of all, I read it every day, so I already know what's going on and who is there. Second of all, I understand that investment decisions are fundamentally made based upon certainty, which the tax act, passed at the end of 2017, provided (through 2025, assuming a favorable election in 2020). In addition, a strong and growing economy in general provides certainty to investors too. Third, I understand that the opportunity zone benefit provided for in the tax act carries significant appeal to investors and is specifically geared to enhance areas looking to redevelop, both businesses and real estate. Fourth, I understand that real estate prices, in particular, are high in the very sought after areas, so there is significant private capital that has been sitting on the sidelines waiting for private transactions that offer attractive rates of return. Fifth, I understand that rates are still near historic lows, which offers attractive first and secondary financing opportunities. Sixth, all of this makes Detroit an area ripe for this sort of investment. Seventh, this should all continue down a favorable path unless our new governor finds a way to muck it up. Eighth, I feel like it's time I stop doing the analysis for you....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

First of all, I read it every day, so I already know what's going on and who is there. Second of all, I understand that investment decisions are fundamentally made based upon certainty, which the tax act, passed at the end of 2017, provided (through 2025, assuming a favorable election in 2020). In addition, a strong and growing economy in general provides certainty to investors too. Third, I understand that the opportunity zone benefit provided for in the tax act carries significant appeal to investors and is specifically geared to enhance areas looking to redevelop, both businesses and real estate. Fourth, I understand that real estate prices, in particular, are high in the very sought after areas, so there is significant private capital that has been sitting on the sidelines waiting for private transactions that offer attractive rates of return. Fifth, I understand that rates are still near historic lows, which offers attractive first and secondary financing opportunities. Sixth, all of this makes Detroit an area ripe for this sort of investment. Seventh, this should all continue down a favorable path unless our new governor finds a way to muck it up. Eighth, I feel like it's time I stop doing the analysis for you....

I never asked for your analysis. I wanted proof that the Trump tax cut has caused an increase in development in Detroit. You have provided nothing. You cited Dan Gilbert and Mike Illitch, one of which is dead, who started projects long before Trump took office and before his tax cut went into effect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,315
    • Total Posts
      2,855,398
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...