chasfh

The 116th United States Congress (2019-2021)

13 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Around the same for me.... not just because of Trump either.  Maybe being so anti trump meant I started to look at issues from another angle.  But things like trickle down economics and gun control are also issues I have wavered on and I don’t see that as a reaction to him specifically.   I also softened up on labor issues and that’s due to seeing how my sister went through some major health issues that eventually took her life and without good coverage through her union she wouldn’t have gotten as good of care as she did.  She worked for the phone company for 30 years from the late 60s to early 90s out of high school and made a good enough living to have things.   That was possible due to labor.  I don’t believe in the race to the bottom.  That’s what our economy has become. Do whatever is best for the corporation because they will take care of us.  Bull****. A 15 % return is just as good as an 18% if it means you have well paid employees.  

My encounters with firearms extremists are becoming painful and tiresome anymore.  

Yet, as a person who takes an AR to the range on a weekly basis I’m likely still considered an extremist.  But I’m a racially woke neverTrump one.  

it’s always been hard to reconcile the labor benefits I grew around In Livonia with the “right-to-work” for scratch mentality of the people in Western North Carolina and rural Virginia.  

On 1/11/2020 at 1:35 PM, Oblong said:

Around the same for me.... not just because of Trump either.  Maybe being so anti trump meant I started to look at issues from another angle.  But things like trickle down economics and gun control are also issues I have wavered on and I don’t see that as a reaction to him specifically.   I also softened up on labor issues and that’s due to seeing how my sister went through some major health issues that eventually took her life and without good coverage through her union she wouldn’t have gotten as good of care as she did.  She worked for the phone company for 30 years from the late 60s to early 90s out of high school and made a good enough living to have things.   That was possible due to labor.  I don’t believe in the race to the bottom.  That’s what our economy has become. Do whatever is best for the corporation because they will take care of us.  Bull****. A 15 % return is just as good as an 18% if it means you have well paid employees.  

For me it was the W presidency when I became disillusioned.

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2020 at 1:54 PM, ROMAD1 said:

My encounters with firearms extremists are becoming painful and tiresome anymore.  

Yet, as a person who takes an AR to the range on a weekly basis I’m likely still considered an extremist.

I hate guns and our gun laws, but if we are going to have them it's best if people take them to the range frequently.  

It’s 64 and clear at 9:00 PM. Is there anything these people lie about.

Or Did Lyin Don get into the blow again?

It was also 53 degrees there.

Somewhere Stan is trying to figure out how to excuse this. 

39 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

I guess we've now gotten to lying just for the fun of it.

This is the country is being conditioned like in 1984 or the  great TNG episode with David Warner's Cardassian demanding Picard 'see' five lights (which is itself an homage to Orwell). The whole point is apparently to just keep putting falsehood out there until everyone just caves in to it from sheer exhaustion. (sort of like what goes on in the forum)

• Thanks 1

It was a cry for help from inside the White House from Melania or Barron

Why is everyone upset about the picture of the White House with lights on it?  I see it all over the place and I don't get it.  There are about 10,000 dumber things this administration has done.  Why are people even talking about this?  

48 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Why is everyone upset about the picture of the White House with lights on it?  I see it all over the place and I don't get it.  There are about 10,000 dumber things this administration has done.  Why are people even talking about this?  

Its a provable lie.  One of thousands

I still haven't gotten past Trump University and dozens of women accusing him of sexual assault.  How come we don't talk about those things anymore?  

3 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I still haven't gotten past Trump University and dozens of women accusing him of sexual assault.  How come we don't talk about those things anymore?  

I thought his mocking of a disabled reporter was a disqualifier.

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

The fraudulent charity is my fave.

That one was is OK.  His defenders said that he made contributions to charities in the past, so his fraudulent charity was OK.  

On 1/12/2020 at 6:20 PM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

For me it was the W presidency when I became disillusioned.

I've been a liberal forever so there wasn't really a point when I wasn't disillusioned with the GOP, but I think W is worse than Trump so far.

3 minutes ago, pfife said:

I've been a liberal forever so there wasn't really a point when I wasn't disillusioned with the GOP, but I think W is worse than Trump so far.

I think Trump is a worse person by far, but Bush's results as President couldn't have been much worse.  

• Thanks 1

It's going to be genuinely satisfying to see this guy lose his seat.

4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

It's going to be genuinely satisfying to see this guy lose his seat.

Have there been any other documented cases of a rat jumping ON a sinking ship?