chasfh

The 116th United States Congress (2019-2021)

59 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

There are now two Senate elections in Georgia next year.

"Good things come to those who wait?" - Stacey Abrams

35 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

"Good things come to those who wait?" - Stacey Abrams

She put out a statement that she will remain focused on the voter registration campaign 

I feel like the senate isn't as out of reach as I thought. There is one Democrat that is likely a sure fire loss and that is Doug Jones from Alabama. That will likely be cancelled out with Hickenlooper winning Colorado. The rest of the Democrats are relatively safe. Now with two senate seats open in Georgia, that should be attainable. Trump only won Georgia by 5 points and the governor's race was even closer. A Democrat can win one of those seats. McSally already lost to a Democrat in Arizona and polls show she's losing again. Maine is a blue state with the potential of Collins not running. By my math, that leaves it 50-50. With a Trump loss, that gives the tie-breaker to the Democrats. Only issue is it will only take and someone like Manchin can be swayed to the Republican side.

North Carolina is another race to keep an eye on.... Tillis has done a good job of alienating the general electorate

49 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

North Carolina is another race to keep an eye on.... Tillis has done a good job of alienating the general electorate

I see North Carolina as a backup with Texas and Montana as long shots.

This is an interesting piece. 

We had the Cletus Safaris in the 2016 election aftermath.  Now we have the #nevertrump safaris. 

I also saw that a democrat was not running again too, I believe that's the first Democrat I've seen.  Many Republicans.  

6 minutes ago, pfife said:

I also saw that a democrat was not running again too, I believe that's the first Democrat I've seen.  Many Republicans.  

There was a time when I would have said Sensenbrenner was not a bad guy.

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Surprised to see Jerry Peters doing so well.... 

I’m equally surprised the GOP is running James after he lost to Stabenow last year. Peters is vulnerable given Michigan’s political trends. 

The NRSC has run a wildly dumb campaign against Peters... the whole 'no one knows who he is' bit can easily be spun to 'he's out working for Michiganders and not in front if the cameras like Ted Cruz'

All James ever does is talk about his military service. Peters served in the military too. The Republicans feel they can run the token black guy out there to get the Detroit vote.