chasfh

The 116th United States Congress (2019-2021)

Just now, tiger337 said:

If that's all it is, then you guys are making a huge deal out of nothing.  Don't you think?

That's not all it is, however. It's human trafficking, it's drugs, its disease. It's all a violation of our laws. 

2 minutes ago, pfife said:

You're the one that said what conservatives do on immigration is generalization / I'll just let you figure out what you're saying here and let me know when you've got it straightened out.  

Unfortunately too many conservatives generalize.   Additionally too many liberals generalize. I'm agreeing with you that many conservatives, especially what's left of the Trump base generalize over illegal immigrants generalize. I'm just saying people that generalize are not specific to one political party.  AOC is generalizing often, that's what I was calling out.  It's alright with you because you have already generalized republicans in the same way she has, so it's perfectly logical.  All republicans are bad people, all republicans want to make her look stupid for dancing, all republicans want to post nude photos of someone that looks like her and claim it's her, and all republicans want to boo her when she's voting for Pelosi.  It makes great headlines, but it implies something that isn't true.  Sort of like the daily caller headline.

Just now, ewsieg said:

Unfortunately too many conservatives generalize.   Additionally too many liberals generalize. I'm agreeing with you that many conservatives, especially what's left of the Trump base generalize over illegal immigrants generalize. I'm just saying people that generalize are not specific to one political party.  AOC is generalizing often, that's what I was calling out.  It's alright with you because you have already generalized republicans in the same way she has, so it's perfectly logical.  All republicans are bad people, all republicans want to make her look stupid for dancing, all republicans want to post nude photos of someone that looks like her and claim it's her, and all republicans want to boo her when she's voting for Pelosi.  It makes great headlines, but it implies something that isn't true.  Sort of like the daily caller headline.

T or F:

Republicans did this to her.

1 minute ago, pfife said:

T or F:

Republicans did this to her.

T

T or F, Illegal Aliens kill American citizens.

Just now, stanpapi said:

That's not all it is, however. It's human trafficking, it's drugs, its disease. It's all a violation of our laws. 

A lot of Americans are criminals too.  In fact, Americans are are more likely to be criminals than illegal aliens.  So, let's stop the criminal behavior including the white collar thugs like bankers and pharmaceutical company execs.  And let's stop exaggerating the amount of crime committed by illegal aliens because you are afraid they will become citizens and vote against your preferred leaders.  

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

T

T

Now, where did AOC say something other than "Republicans did this to me" (paraphrasing)?   Can you post the quote?

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

T

T

T or F American citizens kill American citizens

T or F American citizens kill illegal aliens.  

5 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

T

poorly put question of course. Some illegal alien has killed some American=true. Also true: Some illegal alien has saved some american's life, cared for his elderly parent, built or repaired his house, cared for his house, cared for his lawn, watched his children, provided his food and then cooked it for him as well.

If in sum total all those true statements amount to some single truth, it's not particularly obvious to me.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

A lot of Americans are criminals too.  In fact, Americans are are more likely to be criminals than illegal aliens.  So, let's stop the criminal behavior including the white collar thugs like bankers and pharmaceutical company execs.  And let's stop exaggerating the amount of crime committed by illegal aliens because you are afraid they will become citizens and vote against your preferred leaders.  

There's decades of government statistics that run through those stats. I'm not exaggerating anything. 

Citing criminal behavior of citizens is irrelevant. every society has criminal behavior. We have exacerbated criminal activity in this country by allowing this to go on for as long as it has. 

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

There's decades of government statistics that run through those stats. I'm not exaggerating anything. 

Citing criminal behavior of citizens is irrelevant. every society has criminal behavior. We have exacerbated criminal activity in this country by allowing this to go on for as long as it has. 

Are you arguing we should look at the data without looking at the context?  Are arguing that we should limit the amount of population with lower likelihood of committing crimes per capita to lower overall crime incidence?  

7 minutes ago, pfife said:

T

Now, where did AOC say something other than "Republicans did this to me" (paraphrasing)?   Can you post the quote?

I can't post the quote from this computer, but dictating from my phone we have the following two in the last day:

"For those out of the loop, Republicans began to circulate a fake nude photo of me. The @dailycaller reposted it(!) and refused to indicate it was a fake in the title as well."

"What blows my mind is how GOP would think a *fake* nude photo is worse than *actual* sexual assault. We've seen in the past that Republicans are fine w/ their own members committing sexual assault.  Yet they believe a nude should end a woman's career? "

I know quite a few liberal friends, that if they thought they had a legitimate nude of her, would share it too. But no liberal shared it, only republicans, because AOC says so.

5 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

poorly put question of course. Some illegal alien has killed some American=true. Also true: Some illegal alien has saved some american's life, cared for his elderly parent, built or repaired his house, cared for his house, cared for his lawn, watched his children, provided his food and then cooked it for him as well.

If in sum total all those true statements amount to some single truth, it's not particularly obvious to me.

The point is that there is no point.  It's a generalization intended to make one or a few peoples actions representative of a larger body of people. 

11 minutes ago, Walt said:

Are you arguing we should look at the data without looking at the context?  Are arguing that we should limit the amount of population with lower likelihood of committing crimes per capita to lower overall crime incidence?  

I'm saying we have plenty of crime generated here via our own citizens. Importing more crime (illegals who commit crimes, drugs, human trafficking, etc.)  by not doing everything we can to protect our border while still allowing people to come here via a legalized, vetted process, doesn't make much sense to me. 

6 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I can't post the quote from this computer, but dictating from my phone we have the following two in the last day:

"For those out of the loop, Republicans began to circulate a fake nude photo of me. The @dailycaller reposted it(!) and refused to indicate it was a fake in the title as well."

"What blows my mind is how GOP would think a *fake* nude photo is worse than *actual* sexual assault. We've seen in the past that Republicans are fine w/ their own members committing sexual assault.  Yet they believe a nude should end a woman's career? "

Which part is the generalization?

Before answering, please keep in mind, the current president (R) is an  self-admitted and self-proclaimed sexual assaulter, and almost all of the elected GOP support him.   And, those that didn't were run out of congress b/c of potential primary challenge.   Sounds like she's pretty solid on the facts there.

2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I'm saying we have plenty of crime generated here via our own citizens. Importing more crime (illegals who commit crimes, drugs, human trafficking, etc.)  by not doing everything we can to protect our border while still allowing people to come here via a legalized, vetted process, doesn't make much sense to me. 

If we brought in more immigrants, it would be lower crime rates b/c they commit crimes less.   This would drastically increase the denominator and marginally increase the numerator.

If we brought in more immigrants, it would be lower crime rates b/c they commit crimes less.   This would drastically increase the denominator and marginally increase the numerator.

How about we keep all the illegals out (because, you know, it's against the law) and keep them out of the numerator and denominator? Less crime, less drag on welfare and other services. 

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

How about we keep all the illegals out (because, you know, it's against the law) and keep them out of the numerator and denominator? Less crime, less drag on welfare and other services. 

because I want lower crime rates because I'm not anti-security like you

what welfare are they using?  please post links

because I want lower crime rates because I'm not anti-security like you

what welfare are they using?  please post links

I already did that a week or two ago. The estimated cost was many times the cost of the wall. 

28 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I know quite a few liberal friends, that if they thought they had a legitimate nude of her, would share it too. But no liberal shared it, only republicans, because AOC says so.

Why would Democrats try to publish a nude photo in an attempt to discredit Alexandria?

Also, you had this conversation with your friends?

6 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I already did that a week or two ago. The estimated cost was many times the cost of the wall. 

ok, what is the cost of the wall?

ETA:

Meanwhile, undocumented immigrants are not eligible for Social Security and the vast majority of taxpayer-funded welfare programs like food stamps and cash assistance, according to Capps, the expert with the Migration Policy Institute.

There are some notable exceptions: many receive medical care through emergency rooms and some undocumented immigrants are able to receive taxpayer-funded benefits through the Woman, Infants, and Children program, which helps provide food and formula for low-income pregnant and breastfeeding mothers and young children.

The biggest costs to taxpayers, experts told NBC News, come from public education, which all students are eligible to receive regardless of immigration status.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/fact-check-how-much-does-illegal-immigration-cost-america-not-n950981

There's that whole "constitution applying to non-citizens" think you were TOTALLY wrong about.

16 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I'm surprised you are taking this angle.

Just now, pfife said:

Did AOC say that no liberal shared it?

Worse - she danced in high school and her nickname was Sandy.

30 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

So, we agree that you are making a bad argument to justify what makes sense to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Walt said:

So, we agree that you are making a bad argument to justify what makes sense to you.

It also suggests we shouldn't allow any more legal immigrants to come here since they might introduce more crime into the system.

Come to think of it, we shouldn't have any more children either, as they might grow up to be criminals.

59 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

If you are only interested in the numerator, does that mean you think we should not let anyone here legally either?  Because legals commit crimes too.