chasfh

The 116th United States Congress (2019-2021)

29 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

C’mon. Even you know the intent behind that tweet. Don’t be so dense. 

Yep. I love it when people have to feign ignorance to keep the hope of their crappy internet message board argument alive.  It's one of my favorite things on this forum.

It's like their will to win is more important than looking completely uninformed and silly.  I appreciate that self-owning quality in crappy posters

No ****, you don't say?  Well glad you finally joined the party that's been happening for the past 2 decades

29 minutes ago, pfife said:

No ****, you don't say?  Well glad you finally joined the party that's been happening for the past 2 decades

Kristol raises a good point.  It’s still a nice reprieve from non-stop Trump over the past 3 years. 

• Like 1

Alternatively, he's pissed by the fact that we have an administration in total meltdown mode.

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I never asked you why. I asked you to back up your claim that the city of Detroit has experienced an increase in economic development relating solely to the Trump tax cuts. This isn't that hard. You make a claim, you back it up with facts. That's what non Trump people do. Again, what development has happened in Detroit that directly relates to the Trump tax cuts besides GM closing their only plant in the city?

Since you're doing nothing but being argumentative, here's but a handful of headlines over the last 18 months. And I didn't even try very hard. Do you know what most of these have in common? Capital investment. Know what happens to capital investment under the Trump tax plan? It gets written off as depreciation deductions...and damn quickly. A smart investor/entrepreneur understands that. I state it here because based on your comments, it's not entirely clear you know that. By the way, I'm also including some headlines about strategic governmental and lending funding in this list to demonstrate that the impacts are going beyond just the private sector.

• Invest Detroit Ventures invests in Shoptelligence — its 100th investment
  • Gallagher-Kaiser plans $9.27 million investment, 300 new jobs in Detroit expansion
  • German developer pours $1.2 million into remaking Detroit street
  • IoT tech startup Guardhat moves from Southfield to downtown Detroit
  • Motor City Match winner Rebel Cycle Studio opens in Detroit
  • Detroit City FC's rink-turned-fieldhouse to open Oct. 1
  • Midtown men's clothier owner to begin manufacturing in Detroit
  • Comcast installs 70-mile fiber ring in Detroit
  • Shinola Hotel's Italian anchor restaurant opens Tuesday
  • University of Michigan mulling larger footprint in Detroit
  • McDonald's, franchisees to invest $10 million in Detroit renovations
  • Detroit to expand Strategic Neighborhood Fund, raise $130 million for 7 more neighborhoods
  • Comerica Bank to invest $5 million into Detroit Mortgage Program
  • Strategic Staffing Solutions to grow Detroit office with redesign
  • Expats find real estate deals way to add to Detroit
  • A circuit board manufacturer, infrastructure firm and tooling and equipment supplier plan expansions that would bring 209 jobs to metro Detroit.
  • Beaumont to build 30 urgent care centers in metro Detroit

With respect to the opportunity zone funds, it's difficult to have a conversation with someone who can't wrap their head around one basic fact regarding targeted economic incentives: The full impacts take time. Particularly when they are in the form of an urban targeted incentive like the opportunity zones. They took almost a year to get off the ground because the states (not the federal government) were charged with identifying the census tracks and maps for their respective states. You can't invest in a zone that isn't designated and approved as a zone yet. The first 18 states didn't even issue their maps until April of 2018, and the final state maps were released over the last few months. In addition, it took until late 2018 for the feds to set forth guidance that describes how an investor can actually achieve tax deferral. And now that all that guidance exists, the equity is starting to flow. 

Incidentally, it's no secret in the investment community that the current equity pipeline into urban areas is due largely to the opportunity zone provisions of the Trump tax bill. This is something that most people should want to happen, because it's trying to encourage long term equity dollars to improve economically challenged areas. But it continues to amuse me that the media has hardly mentioned it at all. I guess they will be as surprised as you might have been if I had never made you aware of it. 

3 hours ago, pfife said:

How's the magazine going, Bill? 

4 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Since you're doing nothing but being argumentative, here's but a handful of headlines over the last 18 months. And I didn't even try very hard. Do you know what most of these have in common? Capital investment. Know what happens to capital investment under the Trump tax plan? It gets written off as depreciation deductions...and damn quickly. A smart investor/entrepreneur understands that. I state it here because based on your comments, it's not entirely clear you know that. By the way, I'm also including some headlines about strategic governmental and lending funding in this list to demonstrate that the impacts are going beyond just the private sector.

• Invest Detroit Ventures invests in Shoptelligence — its 100th investment
  • Gallagher-Kaiser plans $9.27 million investment, 300 new jobs in Detroit expansion
  • German developer pours $1.2 million into remaking Detroit street
  • IoT tech startup Guardhat moves from Southfield to downtown Detroit
  • Motor City Match winner Rebel Cycle Studio opens in Detroit
  • Detroit City FC's rink-turned-fieldhouse to open Oct. 1
  • Midtown men's clothier owner to begin manufacturing in Detroit
  • Comcast installs 70-mile fiber ring in Detroit
  • Shinola Hotel's Italian anchor restaurant opens Tuesday
  • University of Michigan mulling larger footprint in Detroit
  • McDonald's, franchisees to invest $10 million in Detroit renovations
  • Detroit to expand Strategic Neighborhood Fund, raise $130 million for 7 more neighborhoods
  • Comerica Bank to invest $5 million into Detroit Mortgage Program
  • Strategic Staffing Solutions to grow Detroit office with redesign
  • Expats find real estate deals way to add to Detroit
  • A circuit board manufacturer, infrastructure firm and tooling and equipment supplier plan expansions that would bring 209 jobs to metro Detroit.
  • Beaumont to build 30 urgent care centers in metro Detroit

With respect to the opportunity zone funds, it's difficult to have a conversation with someone who can't wrap their head around one basic fact regarding targeted economic incentives: The full impacts take time. Particularly when they are in the form of an urban targeted incentive like the opportunity zones. They took almost a year to get off the ground because the states (not the federal government) were charged with identifying the census tracks and maps for their respective states. You can't invest in a zone that isn't designated and approved as a zone yet. The first 18 states didn't even issue their maps until April of 2018, and the final state maps were released over the last few months. In addition, it took until late 2018 for the feds to set forth guidance that describes how an investor can actually achieve tax deferral. And now that all that guidance exists, the equity is starting to flow. 

Incidentally, it's no secret in the investment community that the current equity pipeline into urban areas is due largely to the opportunity zone provisions of the Trump tax bill. This is something that most people should want to happen, because it's trying to encourage long term equity dollars to improve economically challenged areas. But it continues to amuse me that the media has hardly mentioned it at all. I guess they will be as surprised as you might have been if I had never made you aware of it. 

Once again, this doesn't answer the question. It has never been denied that economic development is happening in Detroit. I can list projects that happened long before Trump. On top of that, some of these projects you listed were already under way before Trump. You have yet to demonstrate any increase in economic development related to the Trump tax cuts. 

• Thanks 1

we need a "take a number" device, I'm still waiting for fancy bear to tell us what we got in the summit

6 minutes ago, pfife said:

we need a "take a number" device, I'm still waiting for fancy bear to tell us what we got in the summit

I want to know what essential services he provides.  

• Like 1

Papi likes to talk a lot about Detroit politics, but Trump has a lot in common with Kwame Kilpatrick. Both used the government to enrich the lives of themselves and their family, both enjoyed partying with women other than their wives, Kwame took all the credit for the accomplishments of Dennis Archer and put all the blame for the bankruptcy on Archer and never took responsibility, both of them were victims and under a witch hunt, or as Kwame described it, a lynching. Bernard even likened it to being a Jew during the Holocaust. Finally, both of their fixers are in jail.

My family was a big supporter of Kwame in the beginning. He was young, intelligent, and charismatic.  Soon after he took office, his malfeasance came to light. This is where Papi and I differ greatly. Even though Kwame is a member of my tribe, I quickly disowned him. I ended up voting for Hansen Clarke in the primary and then Freeman Hendrix in the general. I wasn't brainwashed into supporting Kwame since he was part of my tribe. 

Anyways, back to the development front. My mother is a former city employee who was last in the Detroit planning and development department. She still maintains contacts and keeps abreast of what is going on in Detroit. Papi is full of ****. There is no evidence that federal tax cuts have caused any increase in economic development in the city of Detroit. Let's not forget, Papi originally made the claim about Gilbert and Illitch which was easily debunked. Shinola had announced their plans and started on their hotel before Trump. Beaumont is opening urgent care centers in southeast Michigan (Thanks Obamacare) and not all in Detroit or Tliab's district. Comerica announced their mortgage program in 2017 before the Trump tax cuts. Flagstar and Chase announced similar programs before Trump took office. Those are just off the top of my head. I'm not researching your data for you. Papi is like an auto mechanic who thinks he's talking to a naive woman. He'll try to talk smart about technical terms about how a car operates thinking he has some sort of intellectual superiority all the while we can see through his bull****. Papi is like my court jester. I clap and he entertains me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

5 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Bravo!

It’s also important to keep in mind that Stan isn’t here to post facts — he’s an arm of the MAGA movement, and his job is to overwhelm you with unverifiable information to convince you that Trump is the best thing to ever happen to this country, and anyone who doesn’t stand with Trump is more or less evil. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Papi likes to talk a lot about Detroit politics, but Trump has a lot in common with Kwame Kilpatrick. Both used the government to enrich the lives of themselves and their family, both enjoyed partying with women other than their wives, Kwame took all the credit for the accomplishments of Dennis Archer and put all the blame for the bankruptcy on Archer and never took responsibility, both of them were victims and under a witch hunt, or as Kwame described it, a lynching. Bernard even likened it to being a Jew during the Holocaust. Finally, both of their fixers are in jail.

My family was a big supporter of Kwame in the beginning. He was young, intelligent, and charismatic.  Soon after he took office, his malfeasance came to light. This is where Papi and I differ greatly. Even though Kwame is a member of my tribe, I quickly disowned him. I ended up voting for Hansen Clarke in the primary and then Freeman Hendrix in the general. I wasn't brainwashed into supporting Kwame since he was part of my tribe. 

Anyways, back to the development front. My mother is a former city employee who was last in the Detroit planning and development department. She still maintains contacts and keeps abreast of what is going on in Detroit. Papi is full of ****. There is no evidence that federal tax cuts have caused any increase in economic development in the city of Detroit. Let's not forget, Papi originally made the claim about Gilbert and Illitch which was easily debunked. Shinola had announced their plans and started on their hotel before Trump. Beaumont is opening urgent care centers in southeast Michigan (Thanks Obamacare) and not all in Detroit or Tliab's district. Comerica announced their mortgage program in 2017 before the Trump tax cuts. Flagstar and Chase announced similar programs before Trump took office. Those are just off the top of my head. I'm not researching your data for you. Papi is like an auto mechanic who thinks he's talking to a naive woman. He'll try to talk smart about technical terms about how a car operates thinking he has some sort of intellectual superiority all the while we can see through his bull****. Papi is like my court jester. I clap and he entertains me. 

I"m friends with Hansen's wife.  I've met him a few times but nothing other than "hello".  Good people.

1 minute ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Gatewaypundit has got the scoop of the year, y’all!

Yes, and her friends still call her Sandy.   What's the problem. 

Let's keep in mind that it usually takes about 18 months for a new President's changes to start to show any real results.   Clinton made his changes in the spring of 1993 and they started to show around around late 1994. 

This economic boom Trump has taken credit for was a carryover from Obama and you can tell because of the consistent trajectory of it. 

Trump didn't make any major changes until late spring/early summer of 2017 with his tariffs and tax cuts for the rich.    

And here we are now...........starting to see layoffs in the auto industry and it always hits the auto industry first, whether its a good economy or a bad one..........stock market follows...........we're right on schedule.

but he's lined his own pockets, so nothing to see here. 

It'll be interesting when the millions of Trump supporters in the South can't use their EBT cards and aren't getting any tax returns.  

Remember, he said himself that this is HIS shutdown.    

13 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Gatewaypundit has got the scoop of the year, y’all!

EXCLUSIVE -- MAGA Propagandist Hack Jim Hoft sometimes goes by "James" well into adulthood.

Wasn't Hoft the guy who propped up Jacob Wuhl's big scoop last year?

THE TRUTH ABOUT ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ: The inside story of how, in just one year, Sandy the bartender became a lawmaker who triggers both parties

She was on 60 Minutes last night too.  Becoming quite the political rock star.

The Boss is heavily involved with politics, and has been for quite some time.  She is the Cornhole county democratic party secretary, knows Sherrod Brown very well (canvassed with him on several occasions), and has been to the home of, and knows, Richard Cordray (and his wife, a professor at Capital University), and a proud a member of #theresistance, so I would say she is in tune, and connected.  I'm proud of her for what she's accomplished, but we really don't talk about politics (because I despise all of them).

I was SHOCKED she didn't know who AOC was.  I have a theory, but we'll see.  She watched the 60 Minutes thing (only because I told here about it as she didn't know), as did I.  She liked her.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Probably until the PTB of the democratic party decide they shouldn't like her and AOC gets "Bernied."

3 minutes ago, screwball said:

I was SHOCKED she didn't know who AOC was.  I have a theory, but we'll see.  She watched the 60 Minutes thing (only because I told here about it as she didn't know), as did I.  She liked her.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Probably until the PTB of the democratic party decide they shouldn't like her and AOC gets "Bernied."

My awareness of AOC stems primarily from right wing media freaking out over year.  She would be a relative unknown if Fox didn't dedicate half of their late night opinion programming to framing her as Spawn of Satan - Hot Babe Edition.

AOC with some pretty poor reasoning during her 60 minute spot.