lordstanley

January 2019 Game Threads

1 hour ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Yeah but the issue here is: when are they ready for the playoffs again?

Next year? The year after? 2021? And subsequently, how effective is Howard next year, and the year after, and in 2021? Is he our next playoff goalie? If not, whether they sign him back in the off-season or not... doesn't matter to me.

If the next 17 months goes well as far as a:) Larkin & AA & Mantha continuing to advance; b) Cholo, Hronek, Rasmussen and Zadina heading towards making impacts; c) drafting high this season and next; and d) trading for picks while avoiding any new long-term commitments, I can see the Wings' focus as early as the summer of 2020 turning towards adding pieces in free agency or trades (the latter only if Yzerman is here instead of Holland) and making playoff pushes starting in 2020-2021.

55 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

If the next 17 months goes well as far as a:) Larkin & AA & Mantha continuing to advance; b) Cholo, Hronek, Rasmussen and Zadina heading towards making impacts; c) drafting high this season and next; and d) trading for picks while avoiding any new long-term commitments, I can see the Wings' focus as early as the summer of 2020 turning towards adding pieces in free agency or trades (the latter only if Yzerman is here instead of Holland) and making playoff pushes starting in 2020-2021.

What are we expecting from Svechnikov and his new knee?

What is the number of games Zadina could play here and not lose a year of team control?    Because that's the limit of what you'll see here.   And it's smart too.  

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Can someone please try to explain what this team sees in Jonathan Ericsson.   

The path to Jack Hughes?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What is the number of games Zadina could play here and not lose a year of team control?    Because that's the limit of what you'll see here.   And it's smart too.  

220px-9posterfinal.jpg

16 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

What are we expecting from Svechnikov and his new knee?

I would say if he becomes a top 9 forward it's a bonus. I wouldn't expect much.

Wings open the game with a goal in the 1st minute, but then get a little lackadaisical with a couple re very disorganized power play attempts. Really strong in the 2nd half of the second though. 3-2 going into the 3rd.

The Wild do have a good fore-check. The rest of their game has been pretty meh.

people looking at the Tigers are all waiting to see whether C Ilitch is going to be willing to spend to put his team over the top when the time comes, but we are going to find out about Chris with the Wings before the question has to be resolved for the Tigers. The night and day change for the worse and then better with Green going out and coming back point up how much difference another good D-man would probably make. Along with the improving young forwards and good potential still in the pipeline, this team is going to be within a FA defenseman or two from contention sooner than the Tigers are.

5-2 Wings - Howard doesn't bother to skate off the ice for an extra man on a delayed penalty.

6 Red Wings with more than 1 point tonight including:

- 3 goals for Bertuzzi

- 2 assists for Hronek

- 2 assists for Larkin

- 2 assists for Nyquist

LOL - Boudreau in post game calls tonight the worst loss the Wild have suffered since he has been coach.

Redmond was spot on at one point early in the evening when he said after the way the Wings have been losing teams would probably be thinking all they had to do was throw their sticks out on the ice and go home with a win.

23 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

people looking at the Tigers are all waiting to see whether C Ilitch is going to be willing to spend to put his team over the top when the time comes, but we are going to find out about Chris with the Wings before the question has to be resolved for the Tigers. The night and day change for the worse and then better with Green going out and coming back point up how much difference another good D-man would probably make. Along with the improving young forwards and good potential still in the pipeline, this team is going to be within a FA defenseman or two from contention sooner than the Tigers are.

I would love for them to sign Karlsson this offsesason.  I don't think it is feasible but still I think he would be really fun to have in Detroit.  Trouba would be a good get if they can pry him away from Winnipeg.  Less interested in Myers.  I wonder how much Gardiner will make on his next deal...

20 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

I found a replacement for Ericsson on d:

btfpJ8u.jpg

Upgrade. When can he start?

28 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

OF COURSE they scratch Hronek with DDK back.  Lovely.

You need to give a team on an 11-game losing streak a chance to beat ya.  Although:

Dekeyser        20GP 1G 6A 7Pts

W. Nylander   17GP 1G 2A 3Pts

Up front, Rasmussen still hurt?

Wings giving Ducks soo much room on the PP and give up the goal after 33 minutes of inept hockey on both sides.

They really scratched Hronek after DeKeyser comes back. Hronek who has 5 points in 5 games. I guess it's a tanking decision but it's bad for the org that you are playing slugs like Kronwall and Ericcson over Hronek. 

Blashill puts all all his eggs in one basket - The wings get a goal with Athanasiou, Larkin and Mantha on the ice together.

Wings come back out and try their hardest to score on their own goal....

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

The wings get a goal with Athanasiou, Larkin and Mantha on the ice together.

More of that, please.