lordstanley

January 2019 Game Threads

Wings kept taking the lead, then would quickly cough it up.

Ended up losing 6-4 after leading 4-3 with 6 minutes to go.

A couple of goals for Larkin, a couple of assists for Nyquist, a couple of points for Green, goal for Mantha.

Was at the Wings-Canucks game this afternoon. Wings dominated 2nd period but faded in 3rd and lost 3-2. Bernier looked bad on tying goal. Missed the first two minutes of 3rd period as a few hundred of us in concourse were watching final 2 minutes (from just prior to blown PI call to end of regulation) of Saints-Rams .

Wings #2 on tankathon pending this afternoon's Blues/Kings game.

They should really scratch all the young guys and play the vets if they want the most lottery combos.

Abby with a hilariously bad miss at the empty net, but the Wings hang on to beat the Oilers 3-2 in Edmonton.

Now off for the All Star Break, the Wings' next game is February 1.

6 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Abby with a hilariously bad miss at the empty net, but the Wings hang on to beat the Oilers 3-2 in Edmonton.

Now off for the All Star Break, the Wings' next game is February 1.

Team needs play 60 min though. Early in the season they were flat in the 1st, now they are going flat in the 3rd.

3/3 since they got Green back, which I think is about right. This is a roughly 500 team when everyone is healthy. Of course they won't stay that way.

Was there any report on Bertuzzi?

Daley, Nyquist, and Vanek all have no trade clauses:

Gustav Nyquist, RW/LW, Detroit Red Wings

Stats: 11 G | 31 A | 42 Pts | 50 games
Contract: $4.750 million AAV, UFA after this season, full no-trade

Oh, the irony in Nyquist having an outstanding season in a contract year, considering that's how he landed the no-trade clause that'll potentially keep GM Ken Holland from moving him at the deadline. But if he opts out, there are going to be a great number of teams looking to add his offense to their top six. The Oilers have been mentioned with frequency, and with their first-round pick reportedly in play, they could ante up.

ESPN

58 minutes ago, kdog said:

Daley, Nyquist, and Vanek all have no trade clauses:

ESPN

Why would the Oilers trade for Nyquist? They're not likely to make the playoffs this season.

21 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Why would the Oilers trade for Nyquist? They're not likely to make the playoffs this season.

I assume that was the local Oiler guy working the telecast with Daniels last night on NBC? He mentioned a couple times that the GM was under pressure to "do something".

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I assume that was the local Oiler guy working the telecast with Daniels last night on NBC? He mentioned a couple times that the GM was under pressure to "do something".

He was under pressure to get out of the building because apparently he was fired at the second intermission so he could leave quietly 

How did I not know until today how involved Keith Gretzky has been with the NHL the past decade, most recently the OIlers?! I haven't thought of him since his 7-Up commercials in the '80s

1 hour ago, drownwithyou said:

He was under pressure to get out of the building because apparently he was fired at the second intermission so he could leave quietly 

LOL - When I read this I thought you were kidding. 

7 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Does this mean a Puljujarvi for Frk trade is off, ha?

Trade seems a little unbalanced... vowel wise

I was fine with Datsyuk leaving for his family concerns, but if he decided to come back I would be mildly annoyed...especially if he went somewhere besides Detroit.  I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to come back to a rebuild, but still.

1 hour ago, drownwithyou said:

I was fine with Datsyuk leaving for his family concerns, but if he decided to come back I would be mildly annoyed...especially if he went somewhere besides Detroit.  I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to come back to a rebuild, but still.

I wasn't upset when he left, but I didn't like the fact that he couldn't play for the Wings but managed to get healthy during the Olympics and looked great - came back here and couldn't play again.   Totally soured me on him.   

44 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I wasn't upset when he left, but I didn't like the fact that he couldn't play for the Wings but managed to get healthy during the Olympics and looked great - came back here and couldn't play again.   Totally soured me on him.   

Who knows what the Russians were injecting him with though

I can't fathom why anyone would be upset at Pavel independent of what he decides, but different strokes for different folks.