Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Game 36: Pistons @ Grizzlies

2 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Looking at the complete list.  I see a ton of C's in the top 20-30, including guys like Favors.  

My knee jerk reaction is that metric values height way too much, just like RPM does.  

So, that's rank by position and there are still only 30 teams, right? 36th ranked isn't even starter status for Mr Empty Stats (or, Captain Low IQ).

No wonder every game I'm saying to myself, "I'd take that Center instead of Dre."

as we all know, paying andre the max is killing this team in a 2018 nba world.

when it became obvious the nba was moving to a smaller, more skilled player world, the pistons decided to draft andre (to go with already immobile big greg monroe), and sign josh smith.  the beginning of our problems.

not that drafting andre where they did was a bad decision given what was available, andre has a lot of upside.  but then doubling down by not dealing monroe when they had a chance and then signing andre to that huge extension is killing them.

it would be different if he were a better rim protector, but while he has gotten better, he's still not someone like deandre jordan or tyson chandler were in their primes where you can justify the salary for the defense and pnr offense.

again, the blake trade has affected andre's offensive value almost as much as reggie's by removing his pnr game as the focus of the team's offense.  

just a thought.

is andre's contract even movable these days?

Anything is possible.  Last year, the Clippers found a sucker to take Blake Griffin.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

it would be different if he were a better rim protector, but while he has gotten better, he's still not someone like deandre jordan or tyson chandler were in their primes where you can justify the salary for the defense and pnr offense.

It's that combined with his terrible IQ. He gives away more possessions than anyone I've ever seen outside of a rookie. Bad decisions, weak field goal attempts, over-dribbling, bad passes, bad spacing...just put all that directly into the Turnover column to understand the importance of it.

Can he be traded? I think so. He's still the top rebounder in the league and his block stat looks better this year despite his poor to average defense overall. Plus, weird looking trades happen all the time. And especially since I'd be willing to take back a pretty weak haul just to get his contract off the books. Problem is, I don't think management feels that way.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Anything is possible.  Last year, the Clippers found a sucker to take Blake Griffin.  

but who would want him?

straight up for beal or porter? not sure if washington is dumb enough to deal beal.  hopefully the pistons arent dumb enough to deal for wall.  porter maybe?

i cant see anyone else who really needs an inside rebounding presence like drummond that would be interested.  sure, boston seems to always be in need of rebounding, but drummond cant play with horford and horford is such a key player for them i cant see them getting rid of him for a knucklehead like andre.

portland?  he cant play with nurkic.  phoenix has ayton already.  is charlotte that dumb and can he play with zeller? 

19 minutes ago, Buddha said:

but who would want him?

straight up for beal or porter? not sure if washington is dumb enough to deal beal.  hopefully the pistons arent dumb enough to deal for wall.  porter maybe?

i cant see anyone else who really needs an inside rebounding presence like drummond that would be interested.  sure, boston seems to always be in need of rebounding, but drummond cant play with horford and horford is such a key player for them i cant see them getting rid of him for a knucklehead like andre.

portland?  he cant play with nurkic.  phoenix has ayton already.  is charlotte that dumb and can he play with zeller? 

I’d trade Andre for Otto Porter. 

Nets boat racing the Pelicans in Brooklyn. Up by 24 points in the second quarter. 

Pelicans haven’t won a road game since December 9th- Against the Pistons

And Davis basically didn’t even play  

LOL!!!!!!!!!

And there’s what kills the Pistons. 

Theyre up 8. Galloway bricks a wide open triple. Then gets blown by for a layup. 

Kennard bricks the open triple. 

Drummond turnover. 

Galloway gets blown by again. 

8 to 2 in a blink of an eye.