Sign in to follow this  
detroittigerfan

2019 AUTOGRAPH SUCCESSES

Not much posting for autograph successes recently, but I thought I would try starting it again in 2019.

Really excited about a recent purchase of postcards and other autos of well over 200 Tigers, all of which were signed and most of whom are deceased.  This was an major addition to my collection.

After going through over 200+ signed postcards, I decided to keep only these items:  1) Signed postcards of Sandy Amoros, Wayne Belardi, Haskill Billings, Gene DeSautels, Chuck Dressen, Owen Friend, George Gill, Babe Herman, Bob Patrick, Bubba Phillips, Red Phillips, Red Rolfe, and MAYO SMITH (!), as well as 2) signed index cards of John Pasek, Art Herring, and  HOFer JOE GORDON (traded to the Tigers in 1960 for Tiger Manager Jimmy Dykes, a famous trade of Managers!).  See the attached for copies.  I already have autos of all the others.2020541170_Image(114).thumb.jpg.271272676c0138f3eeb9ced773c24cf1.jpg

I still have 151 signed postcards, 45 signed photos (postcard size) and another 22 original autos on copies of postcards that I have decided to sell.  All but one are B & W, and the vast majority are deceased.  Send me a PM if you are interested in my future sale.  This includes postcards of such well known  Tigers as Mark Fidrich and Rocky Colavito, as well as obscure Tigers like Frank O'Rourke, who began his ML career in 1912 and played as a Tiger with Cobb in the 1920's.  The entire set was pre-certified by PSA/DNA.

Image (111).jpg

Image (112).jpg

Image (113).jpg

• Like 1

Willie Horton had just sat down at Taylortown today when the building was evacuated because of a gas leak.  Willie says, "I will autograph outside until I get cold."  The promoter set up a table outside in the sunny and everyone got their autographs.  Willie Horton IS the man!

Horton at Taylortown.jpg

Great stuff guys! I've got nothing new Tigers...shifted most of my focus and dollars to other autograph genres. Looking forward to finding out about the Tiger Wednesdays at the Whitecaps games in 2019!