Jump to content

Sydney_Fife

Game 33: Pistons @ Pacers

Recommended Posts

Just now, Betrayer said:

We’ll be out of a playoff spot after this road trip for sure. 

If they don’t beat Orlando this could be a 10 game losing streak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade season will be heating up by the time the Pistons get home from the west coast. They’ll be 42 games in. Let’s pray to God they can make some moves. This current group is not working. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They just showed a highlight of Collison making a shot. Reggie Jackson wasn’t far from him, but he made a complete half *** effort to contest the shot. Hardly got off the ground to contest and barely put up his hand. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orlando up 30 on Toronto. That becomes a must win game on Sunday for the Pistons. Schedule is brutal for 8 games after Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kennard has a skill. He can shoot. He’s got some crafty moves offensively. Needs experience. Needs polishing. But he’s got a skill. 

What is Stanley’s skill? He’s not that good defensively. Just an awful player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Kennard has a skill. He can shoot. He’s got some crafty moves offensively. Needs experience. Needs polishing. But he’s got a skill. 

What is Stanley’s skill? He’s not that good defensively. Just an awful player

SVG liked him because he was tough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was not a fan of Indiana hiring McMillan.  But he has done a nice job.

It helps when you have a good GM like Pritchard though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buddha said:

Wiz gonna lose at home to the Bulls.

People, it could always be worse.

Well, no Wall or Porter.  Plus Beal is sick.  

But yeah, Washington is the biggest underachiever so far this year.  Houston seems to be headed back in the right direction now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deleterious said:

Well, no Wall or Porter.  Plus Beal is sick.  

But yeah, Washington is the biggest underachiever so far this year.  Houston seems to be headed back in the right direction now.

Should still beat the Bulls at home.

Beal just shooting every shot.  Wiz down 5 with 4 minute left.  Bulls still have time for Coach Push Up to blow it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Casey hoping for an injury to Blake for an excuse and a high lottery pick? Not sure why else he’s in there down 30 at this stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that pisses me off the most about this.  The formula the Pistons are using has been tried before and it failed.  

The Clippers did the two bigs and a PG formula and it didn't work for them.  But they did it with better players.  Paul > Reggie obviously.  But Blake was better back then.  Drummond might be better than Jordan, but Jordan fits better as the defensive center type.  This team doesn't have a Reddick or a 6th man of the year candidate like Jamal Crawford.  

I don't know why they thought this would work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

The thing that pisses me off the most about this.  The formula the Pistons are using has been tried before and it failed.  

The Clippers did the two bigs and a PG formula and it didn't work for them.  But they did it with better players.  Paul > Reggie obviously.  But Blake was better back then.  Drummond might be better than Jordan, but Jordan fits better as the defensive center type.  This team doesn't have a Reddick or a 6th man of the year candidate like Jamal Crawford.  

I don't know why they thought this would work.  

tom.  gores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Defense looks bad offense looks bad. Wow what a brutal team. 

What?  The defense was fine tonight.  All NBA teams let 7 footers dribble the length of the court for uncontested dunks.  All of them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

What?  The defense was fine tonight.  All NBA teams let 7 footers dribble the length of the court for uncontested dunks.  All of them.

 

That should be an all time classic clip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I have a bad feeling this is the beginning of a long losing streak that sends this team into the lottery for good. 

From your keyboard to God's ears....  Let's hope so.  Because that's the only way this team will get any better during Griffin's contract.  Dumb *** lucky in the lottery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Orlando up 30 on Toronto. That becomes a must win game on Sunday for the Pistons. Schedule is brutal for 8 games after Sunday. 

 

12 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Casey hoping for an injury to Blake for an excuse and a high lottery pick? Not sure why else he’s in there down 30 at this stage. 

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/12/central-notes-griffin-thomas-evans-rose.html

Quote

Pistons coach Dwane Casey wants to reduce Blake Griffin‘s workload, as he told the Detroit Free Press. Griffin is averaging 35.9 minutes per game, the sixth-most for any player in the league. The former Clipper has missed significant time with injuries over the past four seasons but sat out only one game this season, when Casey decided to give him a night off. “We want to watch his minutes and the key is the first half,” Casey said. “Making sure we keep it at a certain level in the first half, that’s what I’ve done with most high minutes players or high usage players in the past.”

Yet, guess who played over 30 minutes in this debacle?  I mean, why was he even on the floor in the 4th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...