Sydney_Fife

Game 33: Pistons @ Pacers

I’m totally on board with letting Stanley walk in restricted free agency this summer. 

****, I’d take a second rounder if someone wants him now. He’s terrible. 

• Like 1

On a team so desperate for anything offensively, it boggles the mind why Kennard has been getting DNP’s. 

I know he’s struggled. But Stanley is absolute TRASH and he still gets to play and fire away. 

Remember when we traded a lottery pick to Charlotte so we could dump Ben Gordon's salary and sign Josh Smith?

Love this franchise.

Zaza got absolutely abused in the pick and roll, but he gave the Pistons some quality minutes toward the end of the half. 

Hard to pinpoint all the blame on defense. When you have an absolutely awful offense, it will kill your defense. 

Lest you think the Pistons are the worst team in the NBA, the Wiz and Bulls are currently 42-40 at the half.

Players drafted in the first round after Henry Ellenson with more win shares than Henry.

All of them.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Buddha said:

Players drafted in the first round after Henry Ellenson with more win shares than Henry.

All of them.

One of the only players drafted in the SECOND round with less win shares than Henry?

Michael Gbinije, Pistons draft pick who played one year with Detroit and is now out of the league.

Biggest issue I have with this team is no heart, no effort. But you have to have a squad full of meek guys when SVG is the coach. Who else would take his garbage? Going to take some time to get a new batch of players that have a backbone. 

If you want to know why the Pistons are stuck in no man's land, with a terrible team with one great player, one good but flawed player, and a bunch of blah players, look at their draft history.

They did a very poor job at identifying talent and a very poor job at developing the talent they had.  

Sure, Stan did a good job of taking other people's overpaid contracts (tobias) and other people's decent players who were about to get overpaid (Reggie), but he did such a poor job of asset/salary cap management (Josh Smith stretch, Boban, Leuer, Reggie extension, Andre monster extension, Blake's contract) and poor draft management (Stanley over Booker or Turner or Harrell or Richardson or Rozier...Ellenson over anyone with a pulse...Kennard over Mitchell or Adebayo or Collins...)that the franchise is ******.

This is it folks.  It's not getting any better.  We're stuck in purgatory for the next five years until Blake comes off the books.  Gores won't allow a rebuild and they don't have any players coming through who are good enough to take them over the other teams in the East ahead of them.

We have to hope they get lucky in the draft and get a kid who turns into Kwahi Leonard.  That's our only hope.

1 minute ago, Betrayer said:

Biggest issue I have with this team is no heart, no effort. But you have to have a squad full of meek guys when SVG is the coach. Who else would take his garbage? Going to take some time to get a new batch of players that have a backbone. 

I don't think Blake has no heart.

Reggie is a complete *****.  Andre is a *****.  That much has been obvious for a while.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

I don't think Blake has no heart.

Reggie is a complete *****.  Andre is a *****.  That much has been obvious for a while.

Yep, Blake is a good start. Brown too. Need more guys like that who actually care. 

Just now, Betrayer said:

Yep, Blake is a good start. Brown too. Need more guys like that who actually care. 

I really like Blake.  I just don't think it will work with the rest of the team being so bad and Andre not really a fit with Blake.

This team is pure garbage outside of Blake. 

Andre is a good player, but they desperately need his money to go toward shooting. Not rebounding. You can find decent rebounding for cheap. 

Jackson is pure and utter garbage. He’s so bad defensively you have to play Brown, so you’re basically playing 4 on 5 offensively. 

If this team had a good PG instead of Jackson, I think they’d comfortably make the playoffs and potentially win a series. But this group is not making it. 

Just now, Sydney_Fife said:

I have a bad feeling this is the beginning of a long losing streak that sends this team into the lottery for good. 

We’ll be out of a playoff spot after this road trip for sure.