Sydney_Fife

Game 32: Wizards @ Pistons

The Wizards are a hot mess. The Pistons are going to get murdered in.this upcoming road heavy stretch.

Oddly, Drummond's two free throws were probably the key points icing the game offensively. He looked poised on those shots.

if you thought the pistons were dysfunctional, may i introduce you to the wizards?  just as capped out as the pistons and totally disninterested in winning!

but at least john wall knows john wall is awesome.

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

but at least john wall knows john wall is awesome.

So, John Wall is Reggie Jackson plus talent?

10 hours ago, DTroppens said:

The only part of the game I missed was the first part of the third quarter.

I think we've discovered the key to success for the rest of the season....

11 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I’m pretty much at the point where I’d do pretty much any deal that involves getting rid of Jackson. 

I guess I'm in the camp that I can stomach him playing out the contract.  I don't want the Pistons to have to use anything of value to attach to him to remove him because I don't see a logical path for this team to be in the upper echelon of the conference in this current window (which would be Griffin's contract).  They're just going to have to get lucky via draft or trade to improve in the next few seasons, and I just don't see dealing Jackson as a realistic part of getting anything of value back.  I suppose junk for junk and maybe the incoming junk flips a switch after being acquired.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

So, John Wall is Reggie Jackson plus talent?

even john wall didnt write "hall of fame" on his shoes.

14 hours ago, DTroppens said:

Oddly, Drummond's two free throws were probably the key points icing the game offensively. He looked poised on those shots.

Andre does improve, but he does it so slowly it doesn't seem his career arc will ever get all that much higher.

Kennard getting DNP’s yet this organization seems to have an infinite leash for Stanley Johnson to jack up shots. Doesn’t make much sense to me. 

Brown should be starting. But Kennard should get a look off the bench. The second unit is getting crowded with GR III coming back within the next week. 

Magic lost at home to Phoenix last night. Pistons are 2.5 ahead of Orlando and 4.5 ahead of Washington. 

Pesky Brooklyn is within a game, however. 

brooklyn is a great story.  picked up some guys off the scrap heap, made some savvy draft picks, made some savvy trades, and have gradually started to build a good team after making one of the worst trades in nba history.

they're like philly only without the drama and the cute nickname (the process).

and they hired a progressive coach that no one had heard of and he's actually doing a good job.  and for less than $7 million per year.

you would hope that another organization might actually learn from that instead of jumping at every shiny new toy that was dangled in front of their faces.  nyah.  go get me john wall!  he's good, right? where's phil jackson?  let me ask him, he knows basketball, right?

6 hours ago, Buddha said:

even john wall didnt write "hall of fame" on his shoes.

Did Jackson do that?

In fairness, Reggie Jackson is in the hall of fame.  Different dude and different sport, but that's just a technicality.

he wrote "hof" on his shoes once.  people made fun of him and he stopped.

he's probably my least favorite piston other than stanley.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

he wrote "hof" on his shoes once.  people made fun of him and he stopped.

he's probably my least favorite piston other than stanley.  

Bah, he’s got goals.  It’s good to have goals.  It’s probably better to have reasonable goals.

Jackson is going to move on to a team that knows how to handle him and he will be a find for them.  Popovich will get his head screwed on straight and turn him into a 6th man of the year type, or something like that will happen.

On 12/27/2018 at 7:56 AM, Casimir said:

I think we've discovered the key to success for the rest of the season....

I watched it later on during the replay. But, yeah, you might have a point.

22 hours ago, Casimir said:

Did Jackson do that?

In fairness, Reggie Jackson is in the hall of fame.  Different dude and different sport, but that's just a technicality.

Whenever I see Reggie Jackson I think to myself "Mr. October doesn't have the same ring during an NBA season as it does during a baseball season."

• Like 1