Mr.TaterSalad

2019 Offseason + Free Agency Thread

How's everyone's fantasy team doing? I got destroyed this week and will be a pedestrian 3-3 this week. Defending the championship ain't easy.

Screenshot_20191014-143256_NFL Fantasy.jpg

Just now, Hongbit said:

WTF

I don't get it at all. I thought Diggs was a nice piece on a defense that lacks depth and talent. Also a guy they just paid $7 million to resign in the off-season. Not sure why this move happened at all.

Posted this in the other thread, but they must think Will Harris can pick up the snaps. 

And evidently they will need to beef up the RB room. I was concerned that they gave so much of the load to KJ, for this reason. 

I don’t see any reason to trade Diggs for a 5th round pick.    More Quinn madness

Just now, Hongbit said:

I don’t see any reason to trade Diggs for a 5th round pick.    More Quinn madness

It's just New England genius that you can't see.

14 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

He picked up Snacks last season for a fifth round pick. Was that more Quinn madness?

Listen, you can scratch your head at the Flowers signing, the mistake with Tabor, and I’m sure many other decisions, but draft picks have value. And if they think Will Harris is ready to pick up snaps, so be it. 

3 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

He picked up Snacks last season for a fifth round pick. Was that more Quinn madness?

Listen, you can scratch your head at the Flowers signing, the mistake with Tabor, and I’m sure many other decisions, but draft picks have value. And if they think Will Harris is ready to pick up snaps, so be it. 

Then why resign him to a 3 year, $20.4 million contract extension? I get it, guys get resigned and then cut all the time. But still, Diggs was only 26, so it wasn't like he was a veteran cap casualty.

must be a money move to free up something for a bigger trade.

Diggs must have demanded a trade or  otherwise wore out his welcome. Otherwise, this doesn't make any sense at all.

16 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Then why resign him to a 3 year, $20.4 million contract extension? I get it, guys get resigned and then cut all the time. But still, Diggs was only 26, so it wasn't like he was a veteran cap casualty.

What does that have to do with anything? Now you can’t trade a guy who has a contract? 

The real problem is gonna be in the locker room. Will Harris better be able to ball, and they better turn that fifth around soon for someone else who can ball. 

10 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

What does that have to do with anything? Now you can’t trade a guy who has a contract? 

It isn't as if the guy is an aging veteran, he's 26, so why resign the guy and then ship him out. I guess this signifies they are ready for Will Harris to take the starting role.

18 minutes ago, holygoat said:

Diggs must have demanded a trade or  otherwise wore out his welcome. Otherwise, this doesn't make any sense at all.

That's my guess. Is Harris ready for starter snaps? Not from what I've seen of him.

I don't hate the idea of selling but a 5th for a solid 26 year old safety signed for reasonable dollars for 2 more years is trash.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

That's my guess. Is Harris ready for starter snaps? Not from what I've seen of him.

I don't hate the idea of selling but a 5th for a solid 26 year old safety signed for reasonable dollars for 2 more years is trash.

Birkett tweeted that the team was concerned about missed tackles and declining play, and thought Harris was ready. 

If Harris is ready, and if Quinn can get a player, good for him. If not, the locker room will remember.