Mr.TaterSalad

2019 Offseason + Free Agency Thread

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

As Jason suggested in the Gameday thread, given how bad Taylor Decker looked yesterday, would you consider trading for Trent Williams if you were the Lions?

why would the redskins do that?

4 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Why wouldn’t Detroit try?

You’re right, if they reportedly wouldn’t trade Williams for Clowney, well, Decker is no Clowney. 

But Clowney might have threatened not to report in Washington. Or Washington may have been holding a harder line then than now. 

8 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Because he is holding out and doesn't want to play there. Add onto that, he's 31 and they are likely a rebuilding (or should be rebuilding) team with a rookie QB.

29 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Because he is holding out and doesn't want to play there. Add onto that, he's 31 and they are likely a rebuilding (or should be rebuilding) team with a rookie QB.

the redskins dont think theyre rebuilding.

if he is really holding out and refuses to report unless he is traded or signed to a new deal then maybe they trade him, but houston just gave up multiple #1s to get laremy tunsil from miami, im not sure why the redskins wouldnt demand a #1 pick from detroit.

and decker is bad.  not sure why they would want him.  

but you never know if you dont ask!

10 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the redskins dont think theyre rebuilding.

if he is really holding out and refuses to report unless he is traded or signed to a new deal then maybe they trade him, but houston just gave up multiple #1s to get laremy tunsil from miami, im not sure why the redskins wouldnt demand a #1 pick from detroit.

and decker is bad.  not sure why they would want him.  

but you never know if you dont ask!

To be fair, Tunsil is a lot younger and Houston also got Stills whose probably worth a mid to late round pick. Might as well kick the tires on Williams. I doubt a 3rd and Decker does it. 

CJ looked out of shape. Not that he has ever really looked in shape. Not sure how Perkins helps. Cap savings? 

I wanted the Lions to get ANOTHER Johnson...........Duke Johnson.      I think he's a great compliment.    Tough to tackle despite his small stature.  

I think J.D. McKissick fits that 3rd slot that they want because of his versatility.    I predict Zach Zenner will get more carries this season than Paul Perkins (because they will re-sign him at some point).    

37 minutes ago, JAYB said:

CJ looked out of shape. Not that he has ever really looked in shape. Not sure how Perkins helps. Cap savings? 

Yeah, the fact that this happened after week two makes me think either he showed up in bad shape, or he simply didn’t mesh with Bevell. 

There were stories when he was signed that Quinn told him last season he had wanted to pick him up — before Bevell was hired — then made good on it after CJ latched on to the Rams for their Super Bowl run. 

Let’s give Ty Johnson some more carries. He sure looked great last game. 

Not overly surprised about Anderson being cut. I was thinking during the Chargers game about how slow and out of shape he looked, worse than Blount last season.

I figured he would get a few more games but I'm glad they did it now before more carries were wasted on him. It's too bad because I was pretty pumped about the signing after he tore it up in the playoffs last season. Oh well