Mr.TaterSalad

2019 Offseason + Free Agency Thread

GB players were saying after the game, “We wanted to make Mitch play quarterback.”

Savage. 

Mike Tomlin did not eat breakfast this morning................he could not get the food in his mouth because he couldn't stop laughing. 

Antonio Brown is a loser.  He proved that last year when he blew off team meetings , knowing he'd get benched for a must-win game, which the Steelers won anyway, showing they didn't need him after all.    

I hate the Raiders and I think Jon Gruden is the most overrated coach in the HISTORY of the NFL.  He stumbled onto a Super Bowl team.  The team he left couldn't get there with him and the team he won it with was destroyed by his ridiculous management.   

But the Raiders have every right to withhold ABs money.   He hasn't been practicing and participating.  That's in his contract.   This idea that they release him (upon his request) and then have to pay him $30 million is disgusting.   The Raiders should refused to pay him and take it all the way to the Supreme Court if they have to.   

But here's another question -  Are the Patriots behind this?  If he winds up going to the Patriots, while the Raiders have to pay him,  I have to wonder.   Remember when LaGarrett Blount got himself cut by acting badly and the Pats scooped him up.   You can't tell me the Pats weren't somehow talking to him beforehand.   

Or is it the simpler question.   Is he either too hurt to play (his feet) and too embarrassed to own up to it (or could the reason his feet are damaged void his contract) - or are we witnessing another Titus Young situation.   He's taken a couple of very hard hits to the head in his career (one from his now-Raiders teammate Vontez Burfect).........Could this all be CTE-induced Mental Illness?  

What a **** show. 

It sounds like the Raiders were able to void his guaranteed money so I believe they can release him now without being penalized. 

We haven't even gotten to Brown posting a private phone conversation. That is illegal in the state of California. He has a weird fetish about posting private conversations online. 

I'm actually surprised Oakland was able to strip him of all of his guaranteed money. That seems fishy, but on the other hand, Antonio Brown has been nothing but a problem. Not shedding a tear. He had it all and yet he seems to constantly think he is a victim of something. 

21 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm actually surprised Oakland was able to strip him of all of his guaranteed money. That seems fishy, but on the other hand, Antonio Brown has been nothing but a problem. Not shedding a tear. He had it all and yet he seems to constantly think he is a victim of something. 

.........like Titus Young

Ahahahahahaha!!!

The Lions have been a bad franchise, but nothing to reach the three ring circus status of the Rayduhs.

So the Raiders have in fact released Brown. I know it's fun to pick on the Raiders, but this seems to be all on Brown. I guess they could have not traded for him to begin with. 

5 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Mike Tomlin did not eat breakfast this morning................he could not get the food in his mouth because he couldn't stop laughing. 

Antonio Brown is a loser.  He proved that last year when he blew off team meetings , knowing he'd get benched for a must-win game, which the Steelers won anyway, showing they didn't need him after all.    

I hate the Raiders and I think Jon Gruden is the most overrated coach in the HISTORY of the NFL.  He stumbled onto a Super Bowl team.  The team he left couldn't get there with him and the team he won it with was destroyed by his ridiculous management.   

But the Raiders have every right to withhold ABs money.   He hasn't been practicing and participating.  That's in his contract.   This idea that they release him (upon his request) and then have to pay him $30 million is disgusting.   The Raiders should refused to pay him and take it all the way to the Supreme Court if they have to.   

But here's another question -  Are the Patriots behind this?  If he winds up going to the Patriots, while the Raiders have to pay him,  I have to wonder.   Remember when LaGarrett Blount got himself cut by acting badly and the Pats scooped him up.   You can't tell me the Pats weren't somehow talking to him beforehand.   

Or is it the simpler question.   Is he either too hurt to play (his feet) and too embarrassed to own up to it (or could the reason his feet are damaged void his contract) - or are we witnessing another Titus Young situation.   He's taken a couple of very hard hits to the head in his career (one from his now-Raiders teammate Vontez Burfect).........Could this all be CTE-induced Mental Illness?  

What a **** show. 

Yup. Gruden should have stayed in the booth. Gruden running the show with Mayock as GM in name only.

Oh that Sunday night game is going to be brutal if AB plays. I can imagine there are a few Steelers who would like to inspect his helmet, if you know what I mean. 

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Brown isn't eligible until week two. 

He’s lucky. 

But on second thought, I think Goodell may have a big problem on his hands. Everybody now believes (knows?) that the Pats have been in contact with AB or his people for a while now. The whole thing looks fishy...

51 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

He’s lucky. 

But on second thought, I think Goodell may have a big problem on his hands. Everybody now believes (knows?) that the Pats have been in contact with AB or his people for a while now. The whole thing looks fishy...

There is no way they didn't have a hand in this.   They have been back-channeling advice to him this whole time.    

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

AB gave up $30M just to play for the Pats due to their intervention?

AB has been sabotaging this situation the whole time and was more than happy to not collect the 30m from the Raiders knowing that he would get much less than that after release (money obviously wasn't the driving factor here) so it makes you wonder if it was his plan all along to force the Raiders to release him to play for his first choice and the Patriots had no problem picking him off the waiver wire the second he hit it despite all the headaches he provides. It all seems a little too convenient.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

AB gave up $30M just to play for the Pats due to their intervention?

if what is being reported now is correct, he is guaranteed $9M from the Pats this yr. If he hits all his incentives  that rises to a  max of $15M. If his guaranteed money from the Raiders was $30M over two years, on a per annum basis he could be walking away from a lot less than it first appeared- at least in the 1st year.

I have no doubt Drew Rosenhaus was in contact with the Patriots while Brown was still a Raider. I do not believe the Patriots helped Brown sabotage himself with the Raiders, however, I wouldn't put it past the Patriots that they had contact with Brown after he asked to be released while he was still officially a Raider.

As Jason suggested in the Gameday thread, given how bad Taylor Decker looked yesterday, would you consider trading for Trent Williams if you were the Lions?

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

As Jason suggested in the Gameday thread, given how bad Taylor Decker looked yesterday, would you consider trading for Trent Williams if you were the Lions?

I think you have to. 

Decker is on year four of his rookie deal. One good season, two marred by injury and recovery, and this year starting off terribly. They will not pick up his fifth year option, and will be back to the drawing board after this year. 

The Lions have the cap space to make it work. Player for player, and the Lions throw in a third round pick? (A fourth and a sixth?)

Williams has had some injury problems, but maybe he gives you 25 outstanding performances over the next two seasons, and keeps Stafford from getting killed by Mack and Hunter.