Mr.TaterSalad

2019 Offseason + Free Agency Thread

Wow. Feel bad for the guy. Just could not get his body right. 

30 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Wow. Andrew Luck just retired. 

And caused "Barry Sanders" to trend on Twitter.

Conspiracy theorists on Twitter are suggesting Luck is retiring so he can allow his body to heal a bit and be ready to join the XFL next year.  Sounds insane until you realize that his Dad is the CEO and Commissioner of the League.   

9 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Conspiracy theorists on Twitter are suggesting Luck is retiring so he can allow his body to heal a bit and be ready to join the XFL next year.  Sounds insane until you realize that his Dad is the CEO and Commissioner of the League.   

I wonder what the legal ramifications would be on a move like that.    He’s still bound by certain terms in his Colts contract even though he retired.  

9 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

The XFL won't last more than 1 season.   

If you have access to a library where you can download books or audiobooks, check out Football For A Buck.  It's all about the USFL.  The USFL had the best chance of any alternate league to make it and they couldn't get past 3 years.  Donald Trump helped hasten the end by being Donald Trump, but the league wasn't going to make it.    All the teams are owned by the league in the XFL............sounds corrupt to me anyway.    I could see Luck working for the XFL, but not playing.  I think he's just done.   He got his money,  they got his body, he owes the NFL nothing. 

Funny,  I was thinking that this could be a good spot for Kap, I mean, the owner is a drug addict who has been arrested several times for drugs and prostitutes, how could he take any moral high ground on anything?

There was a time when a lot of people would have taken Luck over Stafford. A few years later, Luck is completely out of the league and Stafford is still chugging along. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

There was a time when a lot of people would have taken Luck over Stafford. A few years later, Luck is completely out of the league and Stafford is still chugging along. 

I dont blame any of these guys for walking away when they can. 

41 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

yep, 30 years old and made $100M already.   Why not enjoy life and quit brutalizing your body?   He doesn't owe anyone a thing.

Yeah, we have no idea the physical and mental sacrifices these guys make to play this game. 

I saw Michael Roberts had an Instagram post from his recovery room after shoulder surgery. He talked about depression after being traded, then un-traded, then cut. It made me realize that we see these guys as “professional athletes,” but they all know that means that every day they are doing the work that professionals do, and hoping to avoid the injury that robs them of their dream. 

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I'm not blaming him either. There was a time when Luck seemed like a sure bet, a future hall of famer and heir apparent to Peyton Manning. Just a couple years later and injuries have ended his career. This is an area where Stafford is underappreciated. It's hard enough to find a good QB, let alone one who can stay on the field every game. The Colts will have a hard time finding a QB of Luck's caliber. The team was lucky (no pun intended) to go from Manning to Luck. 

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Colts will have a hard time finding a QB of Luck's caliber. 

just wait until harbaugh is done with Shea Patterson.

:silly:

Twentyman and Rogers are reporting the Lions released Zenner. 

not that surprised that they cut him, a little surprised they did it now.

He’s been a good soldier. This will give him a better chance to make a team. 

Its time for Zach to move on from the NFL and get back to his medical studies.   It really doesn’t make much sense for him to continue to try and scratch this itch.    He’s got a much more promising future ahead of him away from football.  

Not really a fan of releasing Zenner. I have a feeling that they did it this early to allow him the opportunity to sign on with a team that could give him a better opportunity (Houston perhaps?) but I'm not comfortable with Ty Johnson taking on a big workload if CJ or, god forbid, KJ go down for an extended period of time. I'm a fan of Ty but he's just a rook. Zenner was their best insurance in case of injury and his versatility on Special Teams and pass blocking is useful.

It's not a big deal when it boils down to it but I wish they kept him.  I wonder if this means that Thompson has the inside track for #4RB or if he they only roll with 3. Small sample size and against low level competition but Thompson is an intriguing player.

you can find zach zenners anywhere.

he might be missed on special teams, thats about it.  thompson looks better right now.  use the roster spot for another position, like linebacker.

and i have a feeling that zenner will be back on the team before the end of the season unless someone else picks him up.  injuries happen.

18 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Zenner will be back.  He's the new Andre Fluellen.       RBs get hurt.......

Speaking of, maybe he'll come out of retirement and return this year. It was always a fun time to be on Andre Fluellen watch.

zenner is garbage.  

His fumble vs the Giants a few years ago cost the playoffs.

There are 2000 Zenners out there