Mr.TaterSalad

2019 Offseason + Free Agency Thread

7 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Its kinda like lending your kid or best friend a thousand bucks and breaking their legs or taking them to collections because they only paid you back 995 dollars.  You can argue you had the right to, but, uh... #pettyaf ?

Seems more like lending your kid or best friend a thousand bucks then having the audacity to ask them to pay you back.

Calvin Johnson wasn't lent any money. He was paid to do a job he did not complete. It would be like hiring a roofer and the roofer only did 90% of the roof but expected to be paid for the entire job. Here's the thing, the Lions were probably going to be forced to cut him. He would have expected his full signing bonus if the Lions cut him but yet he feels like he isn't required to hold up his end of the contract. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Calvin Johnson wasn't lent any money. He was paid to do a job he did not complete. It would be like hiring a roofer and the roofer only did 90% of the roof but expected to be paid for the entire job. Here's the thing, the Lions were probably going to be forced to cut him. He would have expected his full signing bonus if the Lions cut him but yet he feels like he isn't required to hold up his end of the contract. 

or that you paid the roofer a bonus up front to complete all the work.  when he doesnt complete it, you want that money back.

i dont care either way, honestly, but it gets annoying to hear calvin ***** about it all the time.  

• Like 2

oh somewhere in this favored land, the sun is burning bright,

the band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,

and somewhere men are laughing, and children well-behaved,

but there is no joy in Tater-ville, might Connor Cook has been waived.

Must not have been throwing Tabor as many catchable balls as Stafford.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:59 PM, sagnam said:

Seems more like lending your kid or best friend a thousand bucks then having the audacity to ask them to pay you back.

Then you really misunderstand what happened and the precedence. Its more like the scenario I posted

22 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Then you really misunderstand what happened and the precedence. Its more like the scenario I posted

No it's not. Calvin Johnson didn't borrow any money. He was contracted to perform a job. He decided to quit. You don't get severance for quitting and breaching a contract. I don't understand why the expectation is that the Lions would be expected to pay his signing bonus in full if they would have cut him, but they cannot recoup the money the player owes them when the player quits on the team. Here's the best part. Calvin Johnson owed the Lions $3.2 million. He only had to pay back $320,000. He's made over $100 million in his career. I'm thinking babytron is the petty one here.