Jump to content

Mr.TaterSalad

2019 Offseason + Free Agency Thread

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Its kinda like lending your kid or best friend a thousand bucks and breaking their legs or taking them to collections because they only paid you back 995 dollars.  You can argue you had the right to, but, uh... #pettyaf ?

Seems more like lending your kid or best friend a thousand bucks then having the audacity to ask them to pay you back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calvin Johnson wasn't lent any money. He was paid to do a job he did not complete. It would be like hiring a roofer and the roofer only did 90% of the roof but expected to be paid for the entire job. Here's the thing, the Lions were probably going to be forced to cut him. He would have expected his full signing bonus if the Lions cut him but yet he feels like he isn't required to hold up his end of the contract. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Calvin Johnson wasn't lent any money. He was paid to do a job he did not complete. It would be like hiring a roofer and the roofer only did 90% of the roof but expected to be paid for the entire job. Here's the thing, the Lions were probably going to be forced to cut him. He would have expected his full signing bonus if the Lions cut him but yet he feels like he isn't required to hold up his end of the contract. 

or that you paid the roofer a bonus up front to complete all the work.  when he doesnt complete it, you want that money back.

i dont care either way, honestly, but it gets annoying to hear calvin ***** about it all the time.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh somewhere in this favored land, the sun is burning bright,

the band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,

and somewhere men are laughing, and children well-behaved,

but there is no joy in Tater-ville, might Connor Cook has been waived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must not have been throwing Tabor as many catchable balls as Stafford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:59 PM, sagnam said:

Seems more like lending your kid or best friend a thousand bucks then having the audacity to ask them to pay you back.

Then you really misunderstand what happened and the precedence. Its more like the scenario I posted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Then you really misunderstand what happened and the precedence. Its more like the scenario I posted

No it's not. Calvin Johnson didn't borrow any money. He was contracted to perform a job. He decided to quit. You don't get severance for quitting and breaching a contract. I don't understand why the expectation is that the Lions would be expected to pay his signing bonus in full if they would have cut him, but they cannot recoup the money the player owes them when the player quits on the team. Here's the best part. Calvin Johnson owed the Lions $3.2 million. He only had to pay back $320,000. He's made over $100 million in his career. I'm thinking babytron is the petty one here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,479
    • Total Posts
      2,882,051
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...