Mr.TaterSalad

2019 Offseason + Free Agency Thread

Love the CJ signing.  He was one of the RBs that I'd hope they go after.  

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:35 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

I wish they'd gone after Crowell instead.   Raiders are only paying him $2.5 million..........

Why? CJ is better and cheaper

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:52 PM, Motown Bombers said:

Jordan Howard was traded to Philadelphia for a 6th round pick. It was highly unlikely that Chicago would've traded him to Detroit, but I would've traded a 6th round pick for him. 

Another guy CJ is better than 

As reported earlier, the Bears will be back for Thanksgiving. More schedule leaks to come.

Schedule

1 - at Arizona

2 - LA CHARGERS

3 - AT Philadelphia

4 - KANSAS CITY

BYE

5 - at Green Bay (Monday Night Football)

6 - MINNESOTA

7 - NY GIANTS

8 - at Oakland

9 - at Chicago

10 - DALLAS

11 - at Washington

12 - CHICAGO (Thanksgiving)

13 - at Minnesota

14 - TAMPA BAY

15 - at Denver

16 - GREEN BAY 

I hate having such an early bye but other than that the schedule looks pretty favorable.  Also fourth straight year and 5 out of the last 6 that we finished with the Packers.   

6 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I hate having such an early bye but other than that the schedule looks pretty favorable.  Also fourth straight year and 5 out of the last 6 that we finished with the Packers.   

I have a hard time sent seeing the favorability of this schedule. This team has a real shot at starting 1-3 and teams that start with a 3 or more loss record in the first 4 games have less than a 10% chance of making the playoffs.

Damn, that's a tough schedule. I knew it would be tough because they were getting the AFC West but still. Weeks 2-6, Yikes. If they could come out of Week 6 at 3-3, I'd consider that a win.

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Damn, that's a tough schedule. I knew it would be tough because they were getting the AFC West but still. Weeks 2-6, Yikes. If they could come out of Week 6 at 3-3, I'd consider that a win.

Agreed. I know that NFL teams are vastly different from one season to the next, but if this season is and indicator, this schedule could get ugly early.

10 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I have a hard time sent seeing the favorability of this schedule. This team has a real shot at starting 1-3 and teams that start with a 3 or more loss record in the first 4 games have less than a 10% chance of making the playoffs.

By favorable I meant how it is laid out not the teams they were playing.   We already knew the teams ahead of time so I wasn't factoring that in. 

10 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

What are the playoff odds for teams that go 1-3 during other four game stretches during a season?

It doesn’t really matter when the wins and losses occur. That 10% number you cited, while presumably accurate (not sure of your source), is a bit misleading because a bad team is likely to start the year poorly (and continue to play poorly and not win many games).

We will find out right away what this team is all about.  SOL would lose in Arizona.  If they can dominate defensively and beat the Cards easily that will be a good sign for Patricia. 

I’m more sold on the Chargers having a big drop off than staying as one of the top teams in the AFC.   2-2 seems very likely

21 minutes ago, Shelton said:

What are the playoff odds for teams that go 1-3 during other four game stretches during a season?

It doesn’t really matter when the wins and losses occur. That 10% number you cited, while presumably accurate (not sure of your source), is a bit misleading because a bad team is likely to start the year poorly (and continue to play poorly and not win many games).

https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/stats-2-0-teams-and-0-2-teams

That's the source. I presumed starting 1-3 would be just as bad or akin to starting 0-2.

i like the moves the lions have made so far.  they addressed their biggest need.  i also think their defense finished the season playing pretty well.

this is the year for them, imo.  if they dont get it done this year, then its time to think about another qb and tearing it all down.

On 4/19/2019 at 1:33 AM, Buddha said:

i like the moves the lions have made so far.  they addressed their biggest need.  i also think their defense finished the season playing pretty well.

this is the year for them, imo.  if they dont get it done this year, then its time to think about another qb and tearing it all down.

I agree.  It's a bummer they didn't get an offensive coordinator we can get excited about.  They did a great job with roster changes.  I don't really like Patricia but I do have to admit he does know defense.  I just worry the offense is not going to be able to take the necessary steps forward because of coaching.  

Danny Amendola had an online meltdown after seeing his girlfriend with another guy at Coachella.    The Patriot Way.   His long post has been taken down. 

So the Chiefs just traded their 1st and 2nd to the Seahawks for Frank Clark and then signed him @ 5 years/$105mil. Now, I wanted Clark over Flowers initially in the off-season, but I would have never traded that draft capital and given out that size a contract to him.