Jump to content

six-hopper

Jordy Mercer?

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Walewander said:

What I want to know is whether or not Mercer will provide grit. That's what's important. 

 

Opens article, hits Ctrl-F on grit... Finds it. 

We're good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mercer reportedly said that he's excited about playing here because he won't be batting in front of a pitcher.  Apparently that was why he has been such an offensive zero -- everyone was pitching around him, like he was Babe Ruth.  Now we'll see the real Jordy Mercer, who is undoubtedly a stud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, six-hopper said:

Mercer reportedly said that he's excited about playing here because he won't be batting in front of a pitcher.  Apparently that was why he has been such an offensive zero -- everyone was pitching around him, like he was Babe Ruth.  Now we'll see the real Jordy Mercer, who is undoubtedly a stud. 

You'll claim you're a prophet when he's slashing .440/.550/.990 in mid-May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

You'll claim you're a prophet when he's slashing .440/.550/.990 in mid-May.

And then .180/.220/.250 the rest of the season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobrob2004 said:

And then .180/.220/.250 the rest of the season.  

By then we will be 35-5 and sail to the post season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 8:47 PM, Tigrrfan said:

Gates Brown and Ron LeFlore ..did good.

Denny McLain did the opposite.

Very true. Gates And LeFlore were good players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was kind of hoping that Avila would just turn the reins over to one of those vaunted light hitting, backup, minor league middle infielders he swindled away from their parent clubs in 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I was kind of hoping that Avila would just turn the reins over to one of those vaunted light hitting, backup, minor league middle infielders he swindled away from their parent clubs in 2017.

That will happen when he flips Mercer for Matt Chapman at the trade deadline..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Jordy Mercer gets this much time and energy from the MTS board, it’s going to be a loooong season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...