Sydney_Fife

Game 23: 76ers @ Pistons

7:10 tip. 

Bullock and Ish are out. 

Philly has dominated us the last 6 meetings, really the only reason we won the one game was because Blake went for 50. Embiid has absolutely obliterated Drummond. Redick usually can’t miss against us. They love playing the Pistons. 

Another automatic L.  The Pistons can't deal with length and athleticism, might as well sit Drummond because he actively hurts this team when he lines up against his daddy.

hopefully casey had a long talk with andre and reminded him that the way to beat embiid is to play good d, rebound like crazy, and get put backs on the offensive end.

no post ups.  no crazy on on one drives.  no threes.

and be a man and not a wuss.

The good news is Embiid has played like trash the last 3 games.  Averaging 15 PPG and shooting 36% from the floor, 20% from three.  The bad news, Andre is probably the cure he needs.

Honestly, after Embiid called Andre a bum last game, Andre probably needs to punch him right after they jump center.  

39 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The good news is Embiid has played like trash the last 3 games.  Averaging 15 PPG and shooting 36% from the floor, 20% from three.  The bad news, Andre is probably the cure he needs.

Honestly, after Embiid called Andre a bum last game, Andre probably needs to punch him right after they jump center.  

Embiid is thinking, "I'm going to right the ship tonight" for sure.

You know Embiid woke up this morning thinking what crap he's going to do to Drummond tonight. You know Drummond was thinking "He's not in my head" when he woke up this morning.

The only way Drummond doesn't foul out in this game is if the Pistons get blown out so he doesn't play enough minutes or Drummond gets two techs before six personals.

If Drummond is still on the team at the end of the season (no reason to think he won't be) and the Pistons end up making the playoffs, I'd rather see the Pistons play any team besides Philadelphia. Can you imagine Embiid vs. Drummond for seven games? Correct that, it would last four games.

The top center comments got me looking.  Nikola Jokic assists on 38.3% of Denver's made shots.  That is insane for a C and is sixth best in the league.  

Blake assists on 24% of the Pistons made shots.  Also pretty damn good for a PF.  

Jackson is at 22%.  

And turning it back to Andre.  His assists have fallen off a cliff this year.  4.5 assists per/100 last year, 1.9 this year.  A lot of that has to do with the arrival of Blake I assume.

Bad news, his turnovers have not gone down at all even though he handles the ball less now.  3.8 per/100 last year.  3.7 per/100 this year.

Oh, and he assists on 6.8% of the Pistons made shots.  

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Drummond is a wuss.  He's a very good player when his head is screwed on straight but he's a mental midget with some tools missing in the toolbox so I expect nothing different this time than the previous 5 or so times that Embiid toyed with him.

• Like 1

Embiid being out gives us a chance. The fact that it's just fatigue is going to give Dre something to talk about on Twitter. They're going to have trouble dealing with our size. Of course, we won't be able to stop their perimeter players, so maybe it'll at least be competitive unlike the last two.

Losing Ish for 3-6 weeks really hurts. Calderon is just too old to play that many minutes and increasing Reggie's minutes is a bad move. Maybe we'll see Blake bringing the ball up more with a less traditional lineup of 2 SGs or maybe Casey will get creative. Either way, it probably gives them a good excuse for what's about to happen over this stretch of games.

Well, the Pistons suddenly have a shot. Fatigued? He's in his early 20s, right?
That seems to be a weird reason. But, hey, it benefits the Pistons.

Christmas definitely came early for Andre and the Pistons with Embiid being out. Hopefully they will take advantage of it.

The Pistons were asking about Dotson with the Knicks, for SF depth, or probably as a starter to replace GR III. They need to ask about Burke as well. Maybe Mitch Robinson too. Would you trade Ellenson and a 1st for bench pieces? Headlined by Dotson...?

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Christmas definitely came early for Andre and the Pistons with Embiid being out. Hopefully they will take advantage of it.

Don’t worry they play again Monday. 

1 hour ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

The Pistons were asking about Dotson with the Knicks, for SF depth, or probably as a starter to replace GR III. They need to ask about Burke as well. Maybe Mitch Robinson too. Would you trade Ellenson and a 1st for bench pieces? Headlined by Dotson...?

Not moving my first for Dotson. Ellenson could be waived today and nobody would sign him. 

26 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Not moving my first for Dotson. Ellenson could be waived today and nobody would sign him. 

Yeah.. I wasn't think Ellenson was in great demand... but you have to balance out salaries... And the guys I listed make very little.

As for the 1st, why not? If we're in the middle of the playoffs and the 1st is an early 20's pick... not getting anybody earth-shaking there...

Absolutely hate wearing non white at home.  And because of it we are down 4-0.   

Pistons dead last in the NBA in 3 point shooting.  That is one thing SVG just never figured out.  His system demanded 3 point shooters and nba requires it more than ever.   Stan simply refused to seek it out effectively.  

Lol Andre.  So bad.   He can’t make simple bunnies. 

No team in the league blows easy shots like this team. Drummond blows the layup. Robinson bricks the open corner 3. Just a really, really bad offensive team beside Blake