Sydney_Fife

Game 22: Pistons @ Bucks

Griffin with 31/7/4. The rest of the starters combined with 24. 

Bledsoe feasting. 27 points. 

Pistons down 20. 

47 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Dre throws up the worst shots. He makes himself small every time he goes to the hoop. 

There was a shot he was fouled on in I think the third and my immediate reaction was "he made himself smaller than me on that play." I'm 6-0.

• Like 1

The Pistons started 14-6 last year. Then they lost 7 in a row. They got to 20-15 but then cratered to a miserable 39-43 record. 

This front office cannot let that happen again. They must be working the phones. Give up the pick. Griffin needs help. 

We all know Embiid owns Drummond. Casey has to make sure Andre doesn’t post up and try those damn hook shots over and over and over again. They’re wasted possessions. 

Id like to see more Zaza on Embiid Friday and Monday nights. 

We all knew it was going to be a brutal 11 game stretch. They’re 1-2. 

76ers, Pelicans, @ 76ers, @ Hornets, Celtics, Bucks, @ Wolves, @ Hornets 

Need to find a way to win 3 of those games.

dammit!  i knew they should have traded stanley after his two good games!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Awful performances from Jackson and Drummond. Just totally nonexistent. 

Those two are coach-killers. They'll kill Casey eventually too if the team can't find a way out of this roster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Those two are coach-killers. They'll kill Casey too if the team can't find a way out of this roster.

I predict both will be gone when their contracts expire.

jackson is a good nba point guard who the pistons overpaid.  once he leaves detroit someone will snatch him up pretty quickly.  he's a good pick and roll guy, he's an ok shooter, and he can finish at the rim.  we all know he is too selfish sometimes, dribbles the air out of the ball and cant play a lick of defense, but he's definitely an nba caliber player.  

drummond is a really good player too.  like jackson he has significant flaws and his position is getting phased out of the game.  again, the pistons massively overpaid him (thanks svg!) but he's a good nba player and one of the best rebounders in the league.  

in both cases, when they play within themselves (drummond as a pnr center who crashes the boards and guards the paint; jackson as a pnr point guard who distributes the ball) they are quality nba players.

i also think the acquisition of griffin has made both of them expendable.  griffin takes away a lot of jackson's playmaking role and drummond's pnr roll offense. 

and i dont think either of them are going anywhere.  the pistons want to win now and both of them are starters who will not fetch enough in return to make a trade worthwhile.  but you never know, they can both play and may be wanted despite the contracts.

9 minutes ago, Buddha said:

jackson is a good nba point guard who the pistons overpaid...

drummond is a really good player too.  l...

the problem with them is not their ability level, it's their court IQ and chronic inconsistency. The reason I called them coach killer is that having a good player you can't count on has to be tougher on a coach than having a middling player that will at least give you what you expect and can plan on every night.

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

the problem with them is not their ability level, it's their court IQ and chronic inconsistency. The reason I called them coach killer is that having a good player you can't count on has to be tougher on a coach than having a middling player that will at least give you what you expect and can plan on every night.

Exactly. The IQ is a big one. I've never seen a good player make as many terrible decisions per game as Drummond. Nearly every game - and definitely in the tough games - he throws away 4 to 8 possessions on offense and that failure impacts his defense on the other end. To understand the negative effect that has on a team, you can just add that number to our turnovers.

43 minutes ago, Buddha said:

jackson is a good nba point guard who the pistons overpaid.  once he leaves detroit someone will snatch him up pretty quickly.  he's a good pick and roll guy, he's an ok shooter, and he can finish at the rim.  we all know he is too selfish sometimes, dribbles the air out of the ball and cant play a lick of defense, but he's definitely an nba caliber player.  

drummond is a really good player too.  like jackson he has significant flaws and his position is getting phased out of the game.  again, the pistons massively overpaid him (thanks svg!) but he's a good nba player and one of the best rebounders in the league.  

in both cases, when they play within themselves (drummond as a pnr center who crashes the boards and guards the paint; jackson as a pnr point guard who distributes the ball) they are quality nba players.

i also think the acquisition of griffin has made both of them expendable.  griffin takes away a lot of jackson's playmaking role and drummond's pnr roll offense. 

and i dont think either of them are going anywhere.  the pistons want to win now and both of them are starters who will not fetch enough in return to make a trade worthwhile.  but you never know, they can both play and may be wanted despite the contracts.

Jackson is a middle of the pack NBA point guard. I'd take him over half the league, take half the league over him.

Drummond is a top 10 center. But he's a bonehead. 

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Jackson is a middle of the pack NBA point guard. I'd take him over half the league, take half the league over him.

The problem here is that we're talking about all NBA PGs, not just starters. As a starter, he's bottom third and some of the ones ranked below him I'd take over Reggie just for youth/potential/contract.

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Drummond is a top 10 center. But he's a bonehead. 

the pistons are a middle of the road, top of the bottom half of the league team for a reason: their players arent good enough.  other than griffin, everyone on that team has significant flaws or just isnt that good.

we had two lottery picks and missed two genuine offensive game changers (booker and mitchell). thats why were mediocre.

god help us if/when blake gets hurt.

• Like 1