lordstanley

December 2018 Game Threads

On 12/2/2018 at 9:16 PM, lordstanley said:

Yep, barring an injury to Howard (which is also a possibility), the Wings may be half decent. I still expect bottom 10, but not bottom 3.

no!

i prefer bottom 3 please.  hopefully someone's goalie gets hurt and they need an experienced hand for the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

no!

i prefer bottom 3 please.  hopefully someone's goalie gets hurt and they need an experienced hand for the playoffs.

While high picks always give you a better chance at a star than a lower pick, the separation between picks #2-10 doesn't seem as pronounced this year as in some past years. To oversimplify, it's #1 Jack Hughes then the rest. Still a half-year to go until the draft so time for things to shake out and a clear #2, #3, #4 etc. to emerge, but probably not there yet.

Wings lead Tampa 2-0 after 1, Wings outshooting Tampa 12-5. Nyquist (assist Larkin) and Nielsen (assist Athanasiou) with the goals. The Wings seem to be competitive in virtually all games now, even when they end up losing.

8 hours ago, Buddha said:

no!

I would move Howard and Nyquist too...

If the game against the Bruins was 70s style, tonight is 80s style. Tampa tied it twice in 2nd period, but Wings bounced back both times. Nielsen with the hat trick. 4-3 Wings after 2. Elsewhere, Calgary leads Columbus 8-6 midway through 3rd!

Fun game. The Wings hung with a clearly better Lightning team, although TB did have a 28 y/o career minor-leaguer between the pipes.

12 hours ago, kdog said:

Broke his hand in a fight...out 4-6 weeks. Best players on the team shouldn't be fighting.

I have to admit, it was satisfying to see him give that guy a bunch of uppercuts after he hit Larkin's face into the glass.

Mildly surprised no Bertuzzi talk in this thread...

52 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

Mildly surprised no Bertuzzi talk in this thread...

I loved Bertuzzi's pesky, pesty playing this weekend. Do think he deserves the 2-game suspension. Wasn't a crime against humanity though.

injuries starting to pile up...i think their lack of depth will help the unintentional tank effort....along with the schedule getting tougher. 

11 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I loved Bertuzzi's pesky, pesty playing this weekend. Do think he deserves the 2-game suspension. Wasn't a crime against humanity though.

This is my take as well. He shouldn’t of done it but in the heat of the moment he reacted to what he thought was a spear attempt. I hope he keeps his edge, I know he’s made the Bruins and Avs fans crazy and I’m sure it affects the players too.

Top two candidates being mentioned right now for the GM in Seattle:

Kelly McCrimmon

Ken Holland

13 hours ago, kdog said:

I was hoping that Zadina wouldn't go to the World Juniors. Keep getting better in Grand Rapids instead. But then I realized that the World Juniors are being held in Vancouver. Ok then, yes please.

4 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I was hoping that Zadina wouldn't go to the World Juniors. Keep getting better in Grand Rapids instead. But then I realized that the World Juniors are being held in Vancouver. Ok then, yes please.

I'm hoping he pulls a Pastrnak and lights everyone up and joins Detroit after, as unlikely as that is....but if people keep getting hurt crazier things have happened!

3 straight goals by the Wings after Kapanen opened scoring gives Wings 3-1 lead after 1 in Toronto.I would dearly love a win tonight.

Toronto gets the next 2 as the Wings are almost done pissing away a 3 goal lead.

EDIT: Toronto ties it as I submit my reply.