December 15 - at NY Islanders

December 18 - at Philadelphia

December 20 -at Carolina

December 22 - Florida

December 23 - at Toronto

December 27 - at Pittsburgh

December 29 - at Dallas

December 31 - Florida

Wings give up the 1st goal to the Bruins with 4 seconds left in the period. I hate that.

Wings regain the lead! Nielsen deflects a DeKeyser slapper for his first goal of the year.

Nyquist with the ENG! Glendening had hit the post of the empty net about 30 seconds earlier.

Wings completely locked the game down the final minutes. The Bruins never really threatened to tie. 4-2 Wings win. Wings are 11-4-1 in past 16, which is the 2nd best record in NHL during that span.

This team almost looks like there is the beginnings of a nucleus of a good team. Wouldn't it be a helluva whiplash if it turns out that getting out from ownership pressure to keep up the playoff streak was all it took to turn Kenny Holland back into a GM who knew what he was doing?

Funny how face-offs go. None of the Wings could buy a face-off win against the Caps the other night, Larkin couldn't lose one tonight.

9 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

This team almost looks like there is the beginnings of a nucleus of a good team. Wouldn't it be a helluva whiplash if it turns out that getting out from ownership pressure to keep up the playoff streak was all it took to turn Kenny Holland back into a GM who knew what he was doing?

I don't think Holland is doing anything different (note: the Tatar and Smith trades were spectacular, tho).  I am not sure Blash is doing anything different, though I am more inclined to give him credit.

I think it is largely as simple as the younger players are taking a step forward collectively.

Getting the Boston Garden loss monkey off their backs was nice, though TBH, Boston is banged up. It would be nice to see them stay with a good Colorado team tonight after having their hats handed to them against the Caps, but having to play it as as a back to back with travel probably doesn't bode well.

25 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Wings lose 2-0, first shutout against them this season.

still, they only gave up one goal, which was a PPG (the 2nd was ENG) playing on a back to back against a very hot team.  A much more competitive game than the drubbing they got from the Caps. Who knows how long they can keep this up - maybe not long - but even with tonight loss they are still playing decent Hockey.

4 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

still, they only gave up one goal, which was a PPG (the 2nd was ENG) playing on a back to back against a very hot team.  A much more competitive game than the drubbing they got from the Caps. Who knows how long they can keep this up - maybe not long - but even with tonight loss they are still playing decent Hockey.

Yep, barring an injury to Howard (which is also a possibility), the Wings may be half decent. I still expect bottom 10, but not bottom 3.

Rasmussen will not be loaned to Team Canada for the World Juniors.

2 hours ago, kdog said:

Rasmussen will not be loaned to Team Canada for the World Juniors.

Good. Screw Canada.