Sydney_Fife

Game 20: Warriors @ Pistons

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

It's possible that could happen but keep in mind that they didn't have Griffin when they collapsed after the hot start.

Yep and I believe they have better coaching this year.    Don't expect them to win 55 games like their pace is now but I think they can win in the mid to upper 40s. 

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yep and I believe they have better coaching this year.    Don't expect them to win 55 games like their pace is now but I think they can win in the mid to upper 40s. 

Agreed.  Casey manages his rotations far better and they play harder more consistently under him.

Seems like the rotations are a lot more sensible than early in the year, and Andre is doing what he's actually good at most games, the team is pretty good when that's the case

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

It's possible that could happen but keep in mind that they didn't have Griffin when they collapsed after the hot start.

Keep in mind that he also doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to staying healthy.

I'd still be very happy with 45 wins. Of course I'd take better, but going into the season I would've taken 42-40. 

9 hours ago, NYLion said:

Heck of a win, never let Golden State too close.  Stanley has put together quite a stretch in the last 6-7, keep it up young man and silence those doubters.

Please, please silence me.

I would love it.

Honestly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yep and I believe they have better coaching this year.

I don't believe that.

I am sure of that.

13-7 but still no respect. After the loss, Kerr said, "Tonight was probably a game I could mark down as one of my worst performances as a coach". 

9 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

13-7 but still no respect. After the loss, Kerr said, "Tonight was probably a game I could mark down as one of my worst performances as a coach". 

They were 14-6 last year. It takes a bit more than that to earn respect, and honestly I'm glad it does. Enjoy the process. If the Pistons are 42-18 one day and they'll get a little respect. Right now they probably won't get any tremendous respect until they prove over a playoff series that they can beat someone of reasonable talent in a playoff setting.

Minus Blake and maybe Andre (who can still mentally take himself out of games) there isn't a ton that freaks you out and has you shaking.  The team kind of reminds me of a second-level version of Carlisle's first team. A team that may begin a new mindset but its strength isn't in its starting unit but a reasonably deep second unit that continues the mindset. But no one is fearing game-planning for the Pistons for a playoff series right now. 

Let's see if that continues in December and January when trips become more commonplace and we may see more teams understanding of what the Pistons are doing right now. Let's see them earn some respect the next 20 versus the first 20.  This team is a long way from being one that makes teams fear trips the Detroit. And that's okay. That will come with time if the Pistons earn it. 

He's also looking from it from his team's perspective which makes a ton of sense, actually obvious sense.

Yup.  He is also speaking to his team's fan base as well, and they are not looking at the Pistons as a team to be reckoned with.