Sydney_Fife

Game 20: Warriors @ Pistons

How many people would've predicted we would have fewer losses than the Warriors at this point in the season?

Good first half.  As great as GS is its amazing how lost they look offensively when they are forced to shoot inside the arc.   Curry and KD get all the attention but Draymond is just so important to that team.  

8 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

7:10 tip. Curry will play but Green is out. 

Pistons 0-1 on zero days rest so far. 

The amazing thing about that stat is its only happened once this year. It seems the NBA has worked on having back to backs happen less this year.

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

How many people would've predicted we would have fewer losses than the Warriors at this point in the season?

Not I.

15 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Rip Hamilton at the announce booth.   He doesn't look like he aged a day.  

Hearing him makes me want to pull out a Going to Work DVD after this game. I'm also playing a 1988-89 Pistons game while watching this contest. It's a super Pistons night for me.

Just now, DTroppens said:

Hearing him makes me want to pull out a Going to Work DVD after this game. I'm also playing a 1988-89 Pistons game while watching this contest. It's a super Pistons night for me.

I wonder how different his game would look now with all the analytics?   He was lauded for his mid range game but that is basically poison to NBA teams now.   

My "yes sirrrr" Rip bobble head doll at work (one of those freebies I got at a game) still sounds great when I push down the basketball. Occasionally I'll ask Rip a question, push the basketball and have Rip answer "Yes sir.....". I'm sure I drive my co-workers crazy with it since they have no clue who he is or the context of the comment.

1 minute ago, DTroppens said:

My "yes sirrrr" Rip bobble head doll at work (one of those freebies I got at a game) still sounds great when I push down the basketball. Occasionally I'll ask Rip a question, push the basketball and have Rip answer "Yes sir.....". I'm sure I drive my co-workers crazy with it since they have no clue who he is or the context of the comment.

I often wonder what kids too young to really remember the going to work Pistons think of Mason's "DETROIT BASKETBALL".  They probably wonder why he says it with such authority even though it usually just gets a mild reaction from the crowds nowadays.   

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I wonder how different his game would look now with all the analytics?   He was lauded for his mid range game but that is basically poison to NBA teams now.   

I tend to agree with what he said to a certain point. He's moving to a point where he was getting open 12 to 15 footers. I could see that driving me crazy on defense. Almost everyone it's either stop and pop from where you are or drive to the hoop. It would seem to me that would be easier to defend than a guy that adds another solid option to that arsenal. It would be interesting to actually see how proficient he was with those shots and see if it really did have a statistical benefit. It was funny when they were talking about his mid-range game GS had those two awful bricks with those two shots (okay, maybe they were a little closer than mid-range Js.

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I often wonder what kids too young to really remember the going to work Pistons think of Mason's "DETROIT BASKETBALL".  They probably wonder why he says it with such authority even though it usually just gets a mild reaction from the crowds nowadays.   

If the Pistons get it going again, it will become a trademark again. 

The one nice thing about having a bad period between good eras is you start losing season ticket holders during the bad era and usually for about a season during the upgrade you get regular fans buying single tickets and you get more entertaining crowds that engage in that stuff. Fun Pistons crowds are super fun.

Pistons playing well, fun game. Up 7 late in the third. Going to be a fun fourth quarter. 

Zaza has Curry on him in the low block and Brown decides to slow up and wait for the sideline timeout.  

Only two teams in the Association have fewer losses than the Pistons.  Yes the Pistons played fewer games than most but don't let that fact get in the way of my narrative.   Also of the 7 losses 4 of them came by either 1 possession or OT.   

Heck of a win, never let Golden State too close.  Stanley has put together quite a stretch in the last 6-7, keep it up young man and silence those doubters.

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

Only two teams in the Association have fewer losses than the Pistons.  Yes the Pistons played fewer games than most but don't let that fact get in the way of my narrative.   Also of the 7 losses 4 of them came by either 1 possession or OT.   

This has been fun but I still get gun shy thinking what happened last year.  

1 minute ago, DTroppens said:

This has been fun but I still get gun shy thinking what happened last year.  

It's possible that could happen but keep in mind that they didn't have Griffin when they collapsed after the hot start.