Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Game 18: Knicks @ Pistons

Wasn’t the prettiest game they’ll play, but the Pistons win comfortably. They’re 11-7 going in 2 days off. Chicago here on Friday night- Need to win that one before a brutal stretch. 

I really do wonder if this was the best game of Stanley's career. Off the top of my head I can't think of a better one. 

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I really do wonder if this was the best game of Stanley's career. Off the top of my head I can't think of a better one. 

21, 4 boards, 3 blocks. 7/9 shooting. 

13 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Unbelievable block by Stanley. 

Best game of his career tonight. 20 points

this knicks team will do that for you.

42 minutes ago, NYLion said:

... On another note, Stanley has played very well since being moved to PF or wherever they are playing him now.

Off the bench this year:

Stanley at 11.2 pts/ game on 36.6% 3pt shooting, 56.1% 2pt, 75.6% FT's, 1.5 steals, 1.65 Assists-to-TO ratio, 3.7 Bounds.

Also, coach brings him in to shut down the opposing team's hottest shooting wing player (actually, I should say 1-4...)

Only 10 games, but early returns looking very promising in how Casey is using him off the bench...

• Like 1

Pistons were 14-6 through 20 games last year but finished 39-43. 

They were also 20-15 at one point so went 19-28 the rest of the way.

The past decade of Pistons' basketball has been brutal. Take me back to the stretch from 2001-2008. 7 seasons, all 7 with 50+ wins. 6 division titles. 6 trips to the Conference finals. 2 NBA finals appearances. Title in 04.

9 losing seasons out of 10 ever since, however.

12 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Reggie bullock is really bad.  Is he really the best we have for the starting lineup?    

He has been much improved since October. He has been shooting a 44/42/92 split in November, but is notoriously streaky. I would expect him to continue to improve/sustain his shooting as the season progresses. 

4 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Pistons were 14-6 through 20 games last year but finished 39-43. 

They were also 20-15 at one point so went 19-28 the rest of the way.

Health. If Griffin & Jackson stay healthy, this team can continue to play above .500 basketball. 

9 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

He has been much improved since October. He has been shooting a 44/42/92 split in November, but is notoriously streaky. I would expect him to continue to improve/sustain his shooting as the season progresses. 

It'll be interesting to see what they do with him and Ish, both UFA's at the end of the year. 

Here's an idea- When Kennard returns, start him instead of GR III. This gives the starters a pure shooter beside Bullock and pushes GR III to the bench where I think he can be much more productive offensively. 

Kennard has been very passive offensively so I think he can fit with that unit.

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Here's an idea- When Kennard returns, start him instead of GR III. This gives the starters a pure shooter beside Bullock and pushes GR III to the bench where I think he can be much more productive offensively. 

I'd be open to it. GR3 hasn't been particularly impressive in the starting lineup, but he is certainly a better defender than Kennard with his length. 

4 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

This is really important for the Pistons...

And I like Bullock too so... I hope he keeps getting better as the season goes along like he did last year...

2 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

The only problem is that both Bullock and Kennard will be bullied by starting SF's... They're both suited to SG and not so much starting SF.... maybe off the bench SF, but I think they open a huge hole at starting SF position... defensively I mean.

1 minute ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Bullock typically guards the better opposing scorer, though.

Than GR III?

I didn't notice (seen only a couple games so far this year...)

3 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Than GR III?

I didn't notice (seen only a couple games so far this year...)

Yeah, really last night was the first time I noticed GR III was guarding the better of the other teams' guys. He may have had Hardaway because he's familiar with him from U of M.

17 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Yeah, really last night was the first time I noticed GR III was guarding the better of the other teams' guys. He may have had Hardaway because he's familiar with him from U of M.

And that's one of the games I watched...

19 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Unbelievable block by Stanley. 

Best game of his career tonight. 20 points

That block had me jumping up and screaming at 1:30 a.m. I hope I didn't wake my wife. Eh, who am I fooling. I'm not too concerned about that.

Is there a reason why the Pistons have so many home games in such a short stretch of games? Is there something going on at the arena that forced this to happen at this time? I know San Antonio always loses its venue for a long time, creating a long road trip (and probably a long home stay sometime during the season to equal the home-road games), so I get the feeling this must be the reason for the Pistons' long slate of mostly home games for awhile.

The road run begins in late December and goes through January. So a couple of those days is probably the GLI. There must be something else happening? I notice both the Pistons and Wings have a lot of road dates at the end of March. Maybe the NCAA Tournament?