Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Game 17: Suns @ Pistons

Worst 2 players for DRPM? Lou Williams is second to last at -3.01.

Trae Young is dead last with a ghastly -4.24 DRPM.

Pistons have opened up a 4 game cushion on the 9th spot in the East, need to win these next 2 before the roughest stretch of schedule for the season.

Some individual stats- Jackson at 37 percent from the floor and 30 percent from three.

Stanley Johnson in 9 games off the bench- Averaging 10/4 on 43 percent from the floor and 35 percent from three (4 attempts per game).

13 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I still can’t believe people actually hated the Blake trade. Harris is a one dimensional stats guy. Never did anything in crunch time. He’s gonna get way overpaid this summer. 

Blake is a better rebounder, better passer, better defender, much better at getting to the free throw line, and a much better clutch scorer. Harris used to disappear in crunch time. 

Great trade. Bradley and Boban meant nothing. It was a big upgrade in my opinion and well worth giving up a pick. 

Age, contract and injury history were the big reasons for skepticism. He hasn't played a full season in 5 years. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Casimir said:

Hittin' the egg nog a little early, eh?

I'm just talking about his overall play thus far this season.  Top 5 is pushing it but I don't think top 10 right now is an outlandish statement considering overall play, impact on team etc.  He does EVERYTHING for this team.

42 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I'm just talking about his overall play thus far this season.  Top 5 is pushing it but I don't think top 10 right now is an outlandish statement considering overall play, impact on team etc.  He does EVERYTHING for this team.

Oh, he's playing well.  I just don't know about top 10 well.  Certainly not top 5.

30 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Oh, he's playing well.  I just don't know about top 10 well.  Certainly not top 5.

Can you name 10 players who are having a bigger overall impact for their team this season than Griffin?  He's averaging 25, 10 and 5 with solid enough defense. Of course raw numbers don't always tell the whole story but in this case, I think they do.

I acknowledged that top 5 is too bold but I don't see 10 players who are playing better than him right now.

NYLion.  Turn your profile photo upside down if Blake Griffins agent is in your home with a gun to your head.  

Just watched the Clippers beat Portland.

WTF happened to Avery Bradley?  Averaging 7 points per game.  Shooting 35% from the field, 20% from three.

Clippers are fun to watch tho.  Currently the #1 seed in the west.  

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Just watched the Clippers beat Portland.

WTF happened to Avery Bradley?  Averaging 7 points per game.  Shooting 35% from the field, 20% from three.

Clippers are fun to watch tho.  Currently the #1 seed in the west.  

Harris is rebounding!!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Harris is rebounding!!!!! 

He is having a nice year so far.  But I don't get that guy.  He is clearly their #1 option but he still can't score in the clutch.  17 points per/100.  Reggie and Blake are both in the mid to high 40s and among the league leaders.  

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

Can you name 10 players who are having a bigger overall impact for their team this season than Griffin?  He's averaging 25, 10 and 5 with solid enough defense. Of course raw numbers don't always tell the whole story but in this case, I think they do.

I acknowledged that top 5 is too bold but I don't see 10 players who are playing better than him right now.

Top 10 of importance to their team or top 10 overall?  He's definitely not in the latter.  He might be around the neighborhood for the former, but that's more subjective.  I mean, you could look at last year's Pistons and this year's Pistons and say the bridge between that crap and this start is a healthy Jackson making the PG depth and scoring options better.

10 guys playing better than him right now?  James, Durant, Curry, Antetokounmpo, Davis, Walker, Jokic, Embiid, George, Westbrook.  There's 10 there. 

I can say for sure that Harden, Durant, Curry, Giannis, Davis and Embiid are all playing at a higher level.  The others are very debatable and it also should be taken into account the lack of supporting cast Blake has compared to a lot of those other guys.

I'm not saying he's a top 10 player, of course that would be an outlandish statement, but as of right now I don't think it's crazy to say that he's playing like a top 10 player.

Griffin is a top 30 player in the league, Drummond is top 50, Jackson is top 100 when he's healthy.

20 hours ago, NYLion said:

Nice 4th quarter.  I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Griffin is a top 10 player in the league this season, bordering on top 5. Not only is he playing a great overall game but he's also taking on a leadership role.

If they can get some consistent shooting out of one of the wing players (a big question mark of course), this team should be able to make the playoffs comfortably in this joke of a conference.

He's been getting hammered in the last couple of games and is still finding a way to be effective.