Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Game 17: Suns @ Pistons

Suns aren’t bad. Ariza is a solid guy and Warren has been playing well. Ayton looks like the cornerstone center they’ve lacked for years. 

Booker is exactly what this team lacks. A wing that can create his own shot and shoot the ball. Kid can flat out light it up. Thanks again, SVG. 

Nice run from the bench. That was almost 7 full minutes of 5 bench guys. Pistons up 4. Booker cooking the Pistons for 19 so far. 

Stanley is so much better as the PF. He isn’t guarding small quick guys like SVG used to do to him. He’s getting the bigger guards and forwards instead. So much better on the offensive end when he’s attacking the basket not shooting threes. 

The Suns are attacking Galloway on defense. Crawford just lighting him up. Why isn’t GR III out there more? DC loves Galloway but he’s too small to play against Crawford and Josh Jackson. 

Pistons up 2 at half. 

Suns first unit has put a ton of points, game is tied at 71. Booker can’t miss he’s destroying us. 

Pistons finally get some separation. Stanley having his best game of the season from my view. Playing really good defense on Booker and just buried two triples. 

Pistons up 12. Time to put them away. 

Pistons up 9. Suns are hacking Andre, believe he’s 1/8 tonight from the stripe

Drummond shot 60 percent from the line last year, but after tonight he’s probably going to be around 50 percent so far this season. 

Who knew the Pistons would be the most successful sports organization in Michigan this weekend. 

Griffin cooking to put this one away. Pistons up 15. 

Pistons now 10-7. Need to beat the Knicks Tuesday and Bulls Friday before the schedule gets brutal. 

Nice 4th quarter.  I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Griffin is a top 10 player in the league this season, bordering on top 5. Not only is he playing a great overall game but he's also taking on a leadership role.

If they can get some consistent shooting out of one of the wing players (a big question mark of course), this team should be able to make the playoffs comfortably in this joke of a conference.

43 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Nice 4th quarter.  I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Griffin is a top 10 player in the league this season, bordering on top 5. Not only is he playing a great overall game but he's also taking on a leadership role.

If they can get some consistent shooting out of one of the wing players (a big question mark of course), this team should be able to make the playoffs comfortably in this joke of a conference.

griffin is ranked 30th in rpm so far.

30th in rpm is pretty darn good, btw.  but he is not a top 5 player in the nba.

stanley is ranked 327 in case anyone cares.

dead last?  jabari parker.

I still can’t believe people actually hated the Blake trade. Harris is a one dimensional stats guy. Never did anything in crunch time. He’s gonna get way overpaid this summer. 

Blake is a better rebounder, better passer, better defender, much better at getting to the free throw line, and a much better clutch scorer. Harris used to disappear in crunch time. 

Great trade. Bradley and Boban meant nothing. It was a big upgrade in my opinion and well worth giving up a pick. 

Nets lose a heartbreaker to Philly. Hornets lose in Atlanta. Miami loses in Toronto. 

Knicks have won 3 straight, they’ll be here Tuesday. They’ve been scoring a lot of points. 

3 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Stanley is so much better as the PF. He isn’t guarding small quick guys like SVG used to do to him. He’s getting the bigger guards and forwards instead. So much better on the offensive end when he’s attacking the basket not shooting threes. 

Yes.  I don't mind the occasional three from him, but his offense should be as a final option out of a set.  Put backs and drives.  Post ups if the other side is playing really small or the chance offers itself via switching.

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

Hittin' the egg nog a little early, eh?

Maybe this is just me, or maybe others have noticed this as well.  The Pistons seem to have a knack this season for picking up a cheap steal or two every game off of the opponents inbounding the ball lackadaisically. 

2 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I still can’t believe people actually hated the Blake trade. Harris is a one dimensional stats guy. Never did anything in crunch time. He’s gonna get way overpaid this summer. 

Blake is a better rebounder, better passer, better defender, much better at getting to the free throw line, and a much better clutch scorer. Harris used to disappear in crunch time. 

Great trade. Bradley and Boban meant nothing. It was a big upgrade in my opinion and well worth giving up a pick. 

The issue will be to go on a 2/3-year run. Hopefully, Blake is at least that effective, and that's not taking into account if he struggles with injuries. That also means we go for broke this short window, and that won't be easy given our players/ cap/ draft picks/ etc. Getting Kennard healthy/ up to speed will help. Is Bullock rounding back into form? He seems hit or miss so far this year. Stanley as 6th man seems to be a minor plus so far, although GR III isn't doing much. So one more 3&D SF would be really nice, and an upgrade at PG would also help. What does anyone think of Isaiah Canaan (as a backup, not really an upgrade) and either TJ Warren or Mikal Bridges (none of them did much tonight... but they do have some relevant skills...)?