Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Game 16: Rockets @ Pistons

Pistons open a 6 game homestand tonight. Their schedule once the calendar flips to December is absolutely brutal until the middle of January. These are critical games to get some cushion before that begins. 

I see a pretty clear top 5?in the East. Philly, Toronto, Boston, Milwaukee, and Indiana in whatever order. The 6-8 right now for me is Charlotte, Detroit, Washington, Brooklyn, Miami, Orlando. 

I think Charlotte finishes 6th. Orlando has played 12 home games already and only 6 away. They’re going to fall off to the lottery bunch. That leaves Miami, Brooklyn, and Washington as the Pistons competition for the 7-8 seed. All we have to do is beat out 2 of the 3 and we make the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Memphis is currently the 1 seed in the West 13-5. 

They won 22 games last season. 

I'm not a gambler but when I saw their o/u before the year it tempted me to do so.  I didn't think they would win at this clip but I thought they were clearly better than what Vegas had them at.  I think they completely mailed it in last season  and struggled with injuries which skewed people's views on them this season. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'm not a gambler but when I saw their o/u before the year it tempted me to do so.  I didn't think they would win at this clip but I thought they were clearly better than what Vegas had them at.  I think they completely mailed it in last season  and struggled with injuries which skewed people's views on them this season. 

For sure. Healthy Conley. Solid pickups on the wing in Temple and Anderson. Jaren Jackson is going to be a star. 

Eric Gordon never actually commits a foul. He and Draymond ***** about every single whistle. 

Nice run by the Pistons to close the quarter. Drummond is energized tonight. Harden went off when they were up 4 and now they’re down 4. When he’s off the floor is when the Pistons will need to make their runs. 

Casey goes to a very bizarre lineup to begin the second. Brown, Johnson, and Leuer together? No offense out there at all. 

How bad of a defender is Gerald Green? Well he just got burned by Bruce Brown on a blow by for a layup. 

Capela feasting without Drummond out there. Not a fan of this lineup at all, DC needs to stagger the lineups better than this 

Houston even gets the whistles on a friggin lane violation. That happens on most free throws. Nothing egregious there yet they call it lol. 

Pistons down 2. Starters should be well rested to finish this quarter. Not a fan of Casey rolling with 5 bench guys for 5 minutes. 

Some great defense by Brown on back to back possessions. Andre with nice help defense and save. Pistons up 4. This feels like a game that will go wire to wire. 

Harden already got two opportunities for 4 point plays. Jackson got hit on a three and no call. 

The Houston whistle lives. 

Cannot have the usual third quarter sleep walk. I’d start Ish at PG to begin the half to bring some energy. Jackson is bad. 

Capela 21/12 and Harden with 17. Rockets as a team struggling from three and that scares me in the second half. They will catch fire eventually 

That’s the third time Harden will get the call on a three point attempt. 

Rockets within 6. They’ve played well tonight but I just don’t see them holding off Houston. 

Pistons up 4. Not liking the feel of this one. Harden getting whatever he wants and the Pistons getting nothing from their guards.