Sign in to follow this  
Brian

I offer thoughts on THE GAME

Funny to think that if the Maryland QB had hit the wide open receiver in the end zone on the 2 pt conversion last week, Michigan would be playing in the Big 10 championship game a week after giving up 62 points to Ohio State.

What we should take away is there is a deep, deep difference in talent between these two programs. It's not even close. Until that closes, we certainly have a gripe about the coaching, but Lombardi wouldn't have done any better with this. 

Just now, roarintiger1 said:

I have just one question........Should Urban Meyer report this beating?

He never did before. 

14 minutes ago, roarintiger1 said:

I have just one question........Should Urban Meyer report this beating?

He should report it via text then delete it. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Also we all thought the schedule was brutal this year. Many predicted 5 losses, them playing like **** today shouldn't take away from their season and the direction the team is going.

Sorry, but there isn't enough lipstick in the world to pretty up this pig.  The offense has little talent, and the uninspired -- make that awful -- play-calling gets the least possible out of it.  The defense and Don Brown have been hugely overrated, and they showed just how hugely today.  And except for the backup kicker -- probably the only guy on the team who has played well in the last two games -- the special teams are a hot mess.

Despite the 10-2 record, which has been achieved largely with luck and mirrors, this team is a long way from really turning things around.  And although I was thrilled when Harbaugh came here, I now seriously doubt that he is the man who can bring about the turning.

5 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

And I'm better-looking than The Elephant Man.  Defending Harbaugh by comparing  him to those three guys is like saying that Nick Castellanos is a great outfielder because he has more range than Victor Martinez.

2 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

And I'm better-looking than The Elephant Man.  Defending Harbaugh by comparing  him to those three guys is like saying that Nick Castellanos is a great outfielder because he has more range than Victor Martinez.

Well, if there's somebody better who isn't crooked then allow him to come forward. I don't see it. 

8 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

Sorry, but there isn't enough lipstick in the world to pretty up this pig.  The offense has little talent, and the uninspired -- make that awful -- play-calling gets the least possible out of it.  The defense and Don Brown have been hugely overrated, and they showed just how hugely today.  And except for the backup kicker -- probably the only guy on the team who has played well in the last two games -- the special teams are a hot mess.

Despite the 10-2 record, which has been done largely with luck and mirrors, this team is a long way from really turning things around.  And although I was thrilled when Harbaugh came here, I now seriously doubt that he is the man who can bring about the turning.

Every team in the big 10 has these flaws though save for maybe OSU but even they have a crack in their armor. They always would get a top 3 class now recruits are leaving them.    

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Every team in the big 10 has these flaws though save for maybe OSU but even they have a crack in their armor. They always would get a top 3 class now recruits are leaving them.    

Every Big Ten team has ALL of those flaws?  A serious shortage of talent, an inept Offensive Coordinator, an overrated Defensive Coordinator who seems to be in way over his head in big games, and the seemingly increasingly clueless Captain Khaki?  I don't think so.

With the Fox/Big Ten partnership, does this guarantee we have to listen to f’in Gus Johnson for every Michigan vs. OSU game from here on out? 4 hour football games on Fox are brutal enough, but add in his forced screaming all game long? Keith Jackson must be rolling in his grave. 

1 minute ago, six-hopper said:

Every Big Ten team has ALL of those flaws?  A serious shortage of talent, an inept Offensive Coordinator, an overrated Defensive Coordinator who seems to be in way over his head in big games, and the seemingly increasingly clueless Captain Khaki?  I don't think so.

Yes.

2 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

With the Fox/Big Ten partnership, does this guarantee we have to listen to f’in Gus Johnson for every Michigan vs. OSU game from here on out? 4 hour football games on Fox are brutal enough, but add in his forced screaming all game long? Keith Jackson must be rolling in his grave. 

The "kids" like Gus

I haven't been more annoyed with a broadcaster since Buck during the 06 series. 

52 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Yes.

And yet in the last four seasons some Big Ten teams have managed to win their half of the conference and some have even made it into the National Championship playoff, and some of them have not lost to their biggest rival four straight times, including the overall worst loss in the history not just of the rivalry, but of the school.   Jim Harbaugh's Wolverines, on the other hand . . . 

3 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

This is the kind of obnoxious commentary they put on their twitter feed all afternoon. And this is one of the least offensive things they put out there today. Suddenly he's Tom Brady. 

There aren't enough lols for that. 

2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

This is the kind of obnoxious commentary they put on their twitter feed all afternoon. And this is one of the least offensive things they put out there today. Suddenly he's Tom Brady. 

There aren't enough lols for that. 

What a joke. I mean, he could be a great pro, but c’mon. But he’s already one of the best in NFL HISTORY?

I just try to imagine some of those classic Michigan/OSU plays, but replace the announcer with Screamin Gus. Can you imagine how much cheaper highlights like the Desmond Heisman pose would feel with him at the mic?

12 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

And yet in the last four seasons other Big Ten teams have managed to win their half of the conference and made it into the National Championship playoff, and none of them have lost to their biggest rival four straight times, including the overall worst loss in the history not just of the rivalry, but in the school's history.  Jim Harbaugh's Wolverines can't say that.

Actually no big ten team made it last year. And in every other year you referenced (other than 1), the big ten team was smoked in the semifinal. That's not exactly dominance. The reality is that big ten largely has inferior talent, save for osu, when compared to the other conferences. The big ten thumps its chest every year, but it's simply not on par, and rarely has been. Quite honestly, I knew well before this game that there was no way in **** that Michigan would ever compete with Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia, etc. And until we can, I'd rather see us lose this game than get embarrassed on a much bigger stage. 

Here’s the problem. They just didn’t drink as much melk as their little bellies could hold (this makes me cringe so much I can’t get enough of it). 

47 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Actually no big ten team made it last year. And in every other year you referenced (other than 1), the big ten team was smoked in the semifinal. That's not exactly dominance. The reality is that big ten largely has inferior talent, save for osu, when compared to the other conferences. The big ten thumps its chest every year, but it's simply not on par, and rarely has been. Quite honestly, I knew well before this game that there was no way in **** that Michigan would ever compete with Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia, etc. And until we can, I'd rather see us lose this game than get embarrassed on a much bigger stage. 

There's a lot of room between dominance and the dumpster fire that the Michigan football program has been under the savior Jim Harbaugh.  This alumnus has seen more than enough of him and his krapfest.  The next time he and the rest of his staff and his embarrassment of a team go to another country, they should stay there.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, losing this way to any Ohio State team -- much less one that barely beat Maryland and got smoked by Purdue -- is much worse than getting rolled by anyone else in the playoff.

23 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

There's a lot of room between dominance and the dumpster fire that the Michigan football program has been under the savior Jim Harbaugh.  This alumnus has seen more than enough of him and his krapfest.  The next time he and the rest of his staff and his embarrassment of a team go to another country, they should stay there.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, losing this way to any Ohio State team -- much less one that barely beat Maryland and got smoked by Purdue -- is much worse than getting rolled by anyone else in the playoff.

Dumpster fire program? It was a horrific loss today. Maybe their worst ever. But come on. Do you remember ANYTHING from 2008-2014? How would you describe those years if this is a dumpster fire? 

I get expectations are sky high at Michigan, but good lord.

The last 10 years have been a dark time for Michigan fans. Whether it be Rodriguez, Hoke or Harbaugh they have done pitifully against our rivals. People can spout off about 10 win seasons but when you are 2-8 against our biggest rivals in the Harbaugh era that is failure in my opinion.