Gehringer_2

UM B-Ball 18-19

On 3/21/2019 at 11:54 PM, Aaron said:

Florida is going to be a tough out. 

Piece o' cake.

thats what happens when the game matters vs Florida. 

This is the worst performance I have ever seen from a university of Michigan sports team. It’s like they are playing with blindfolds on. 

On 1/22/2019 at 8:03 PM, Buddha said:

pssst....

michigan is the most overrated team in the country.  virginia lite.

cough.

16 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

This is the worst performance I have ever seen from a university of Michigan sports team. It’s like they are playing with blindfolds on. 

You miss the 3rd Q against Ohio State this season or do you just mean basketball? 

6 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

You miss the 3rd Q against Ohio State this season or do you just mean basketball? 

It’s a toss up. If they were playing Duke, this game would be 72-14 right now. 

The diffrence is we could not hit a 3 tonight. That's the problem with college basketball all it takes is one bad game. 

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

The diffrence is we could not hit a 3 tonight. That's the problem with college basketball all it takes is one bad game. 

Yeah, this one was weird

Winston push off push off travel plow into defender. Foul on defender. 

Poole, Iggy and Matthews all gone.

Matthews is expected.  Poole and Iggy going pro is nuts.  I'm more upset to see Iggy leave than Poole.  Poole is such a flake on offense and defense that his exit may not be so bad.  Iggy had a chance to really develop.

Oh well.

According to the new rules, they can all sign with agents and still come back if they withdraw from the draft before end of May. 

I guess it all depends on the depth of the draft but if Luke Kennard was a late lottery pick than Iggy could be too.  

43 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I guess it all depends on the depth of the draft but if Luke Kennard was a late lottery pick than Iggy could be too.  

I don't know about depth but there is going to be a lot more breadth! I'm going to guess there will be something over 300 more DIV I one athletes declaring under the new rules. Going to be a lot more work for NBA scouting depts!

13 hours ago, Buddha said:

Poole, Iggy and Matthews all gone.

Matthews is expected.  Poole and Iggy going pro is nuts.  I'm more upset to see Iggy leave than Poole.  Poole is such a flake on offense and defense that his exit may not be so bad.  Iggy had a chance to really develop.

Oh well.

I think Iggy felt he had to go because of his age.   I'll be shocked if Matthews gets drafted although I think he has a chance to stick in the League with some work on his shot.   Poole is a conundrum, the talent is there but he seems to check in and out of games which might be what you're saying with the "flake" description.   Rumor on the MSU boards yesterday was that Ward just bought a new car so he's gone which is no surprise.   The shocker could be Winston, he may get convinced he has no more to prove and can only get his game picked apart.   It wouldn't surprise me at all if he at least tested the waters.  If he leaves MSU has a gaping hole at the point - either an incoming freshman or Loyer.  Yikes.

21 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

The shocker could be Winston, he may get convinced he has no more to prove and can only get his game picked apart.

In my mind Winston is a first round pick if he enters the draft.  I'd be surprised if he doesn't leave.

21 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

In my mind Winston is a first round pick if he enters the draft.  I'd be surprised if he doesn't leave.

Could be.   I don't know if he's a star in the making but it seems he could be a serviceable PG for someone.  I actually could see Tillman in Rd 1 but he's already said he's coming back.

FWIW, ESPN has Winston listed as the 17th best PG and 88th ranked prospect overall.

12 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

FWIW, ESPN has Winston listed as the 17th best PG and 88th ranked prospect overall.

Shows what I know about potential NBA talent.....

58 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Shows what I know about potential NBA talent.....

That is just a top 100 prospect list

Not all will declare, team needs, etc. Who knows where he will actually be drafted.

2 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

I think Iggy felt he had to go because of his age.   I'll be shocked if Matthews gets drafted although I think he has a chance to stick in the League with some work on his shot.   Poole is a conundrum, the talent is there but he seems to check in and out of games which might be what you're saying with the "flake" description.   Rumor on the MSU boards yesterday was that Ward just bought a new car so he's gone which is no surprise.   The shocker could be Winston, he may get convinced he has no more to prove and can only get his game picked apart.   It wouldn't surprise me at all if he at least tested the waters.  If he leaves MSU has a gaping hole at the point - either an incoming freshman or Loyer.  Yikes.

matthews could be a second round pick simply because he's athletic enough to guard nba wings.  otoh, he couldnt score in a whorehouse with a $100 tied to his face.

iggy...i dont know how he fits in the pros unless his shot gets better.  who can he guard?

i'm done with poole.  rumor is he doesnt get along with beilein which isnt surprising given his flaky ways.

winston is too small for the nba.  great college point guard (from my high school, go cubs!) but im not sure how he fits in the nba.  otoh, so was trey burke.  winston might take some time to develop and bulk up.

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

i'm done with poole.  rumor is he doesnt get along with beilein which isnt surprising given his flaky ways.

I've also heard from students that there were "issues" between some of the team members.