Gehringer_2

UM B-Ball 18-19

80-60 over NW. Career nights for Teske and Simpson. 17-0.

State takes Penn St to also stay undefeated in the conference.

This team is amazing.  So enjoyable to watch.  Beilein is a great coach.  To think his teams usually peak later. 

• Like 1

pressure really gonna build for the Wolverines now. Duke goes down to an unranked Syracuse tonight so M now is playing each game for the unbeaten streak and the #1 spot in the rankings and they have until the 19th to brood about it before a road game at Madison. Can their concentration hold? If they win how huge a trap game is the return home against Minny? Fun and anguish for M fans! 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Just throw the ball on the court.

The rest of it is just noise.

Yeah. 

Wisconsin about to beat em at home.  Good thing the tournament won't go through Madison. 

Intention foul in the end ruined what was a great game. 

pssst....

michigan is the most overrated team in the country.  virginia lite.

5 minutes ago, Buddha said:

pssst....

michigan is the most overrated team in the country.  virginia lite.

They are still pretty good. I’ll take it. 

58 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

They are still pretty good. I’ll take it. 

i think they will have trouble scoring against an athletic motivated team.  poole and iggy are their only real offensive players and iggy is a freshman and poole is flaky.

i have faith in beilein to figure it out, but he hasnt yet.  i'd like to see more of johns and dejulius.  hope they develop by the end of the year.

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Anyone else excited about tonight? 

Honestly, no. 

lol - this one can't be too close, they can't play too much overtime. The U announced it is shutting down (except the Hospital of course) at Midnight until Friday morning. When I saw the notice at first I thought Midnight was an odd time to start instead of just when classes ended this afternoon, then I remembered the game.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:09 PM, Buddha said:

i think they will have trouble scoring against an athletic motivated team.  poole and iggy are their only real offensive players and iggy is a freshman and poole is flaky.

i have faith in beilein to figure it out, but he hasnt yet.  i'd like to see more of johns and dejulius.  hope they develop by the end of the year.

They were the same team (but a little worse on defense) last year and went to the title game

It's definitely worrisome imagining a tournament game where Charles Matthews takes 13 shots or something, but I'd rather be really good at one thing and hope the offense can do enough

1 hour ago, pyrotigers said:

They were the same team (but a little worse on defense) last year and went to the title game

It's definitely worrisome imagining a tournament game where Charles Matthews takes 13 shots or something, but I'd rather be really good at one thing and hope the offense can do enough

they went to the title game last year because they hit a miracle shot to be houston, and got one of the easiest runs to the final in modern ncaa history.

they also had an excellent offensive player in mo wagner who is no longer on the team.

They lost one game this year against a good team on the road, and it happened because they turned the ball over in 25% of their possessions. 

I agree that their title run last year had a luck, but that doesn’t mean they weren’t still a very good team last year. 

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

they also had an excellent offensive player in mo wagner who is no longer on the team.

Mo was a good collegian but consider that whileTeske is averaging  6pts less per game than Mo did, JT still makes enough threes to be able to force his man to come out with him, but also is providing more defensive presence - 47 blocks already this season compared to 20 for MO all last season, and commits about one TO less per game. The drop off at the 5 isn't nearly what it was feared it might be.

I don't think it's that crazy to think that by tournament time Poole/Brazdeikis/Teske will be better on both ends than MAAR/Duncan/Wagner 

I do agree it would be really helpful if Dejulius could contribute as a bench scorer as Brooks is basically a game manager pg 

i expect michigan to get better on offense because john beilein is a very good coach.

5 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i expect michigan to get better on offense because john beilein is a very good coach.

If Beilein had gotten to a major in the B10 or the ACC when he was as young as K was when he got to Duke, I imagine their careers would have been pretty similar.

4 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

If Beilein had gotten to a major in the B10 or the ACC when he was as young as K was when he got to Duke, I imagine their careers would have been pretty similar.

maybe.  i think coach k is a great program builder who was a good coach when he was younger.  when he got older and the game changed, he started selling his soul for "one and dones" and is now as dirty as calipari.

i dont think belein would play that game.  michigan could get the same type of recruits as duke gets now (see fab five) if they were playing the game with shoe companies like duke does (and any other program that gets those guys does), but beilein doesnt strike me as that type of coach.  i'm sure there are under the table stuff going on at michigan, but not like at duke.

what im saying is, i think if beilein were at duke, duke would look a lot like what michigan is now: a really good program without the elite nba level talent that duke has year in and year out.  i dont think guys like zion would play for beilein at duke because beilein doesnt play the shoe company game.