Gehringer_2

UM B-Ball 18-19

12 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Oh, nothing, just favored in each of their remaining games and projected to finish 27-4.

http://www.barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Michigan

Not that I think it is a good or useful thing to happen to a team this early in the season, but it's hard to see how they don't move into top 5 ranking next week.

4 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Not that I think it is a good or useful thing to happen to a team this early in the season, but it's hard to see how they don't move into top 5 ranking next week.

It's not gonna happen but with Kansas needing OT to beat Stanford and Gonzaga struggling against Creighton you could make a good argument for them being number 1.  

Michigan survived a tight one last night at Northwestern. It seems like they never play well there, so just glad they escaped with the win. 

Some of their flaws were exposed last night, most notably the lack of depth. It's going to be tough with only 3 guys getting minutes off the bench, which includes Austin Davis who just does not look like a Big Ten player at this point. I know Livers hasn't shown much on the offensive side during his career, but he had a miserable defensive night. They really need him to develop into at least a serviceable offensive player. Hopefully the next few games will give some of the freshmen a chance to find roles.

Also, Brazdeikis is outstanding. He has to be the best looking freshman of Beilein's tenure. 

9 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

26-1 in their last 27

Your fan attention has been well-spent on them for sure. 

michigan's moved up to #2 despite looking poor for the last couple weeks.

i have a feeling that teams will eventually be able to clamp down on them on defense.  other than iggy, im not sure where the offense is going to come from when theyre desperate.

michigan at #2 is the most overrated team in the country.

look, i love john beilein and i assume the team will get better by the end of the year, but this team is not nearly as talented as the teams that surround them in the rankings.

52 minutes ago, Buddha said:

michigan at #2 is the most overrated team in the country.

look, i love john beilein and i assume the team will get better by the end of the year, but this team is not nearly as talented as the teams that surround them in the rankings.

I could see them having a real problem against a big team - esp if Teske got into any kind of foul trouble. Not much proven quality size behind Teske.

10 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I could see them having a real problem against a big team - esp if Teske got into any kind of foul trouble. Not much proven quality size behind Teske.

i just dont see them having the horses to beat a really talented team.

i know thet beat carolina, but i think part of that was roy williams deciding to bench his starters.  

they have too many black holes on offense and they have already shown theyre susceptible to being zoned on defense.

but like i said, belein teams usually get better as the season goes on, so we'll see.

On 12/30/2018 at 1:46 PM, Gehringer_2 said:

Ho-Hum. Another day, another 22 pt win. 13-0

Home game against a lesser opponent.  Still, after the day before in football...I'll take it. 

On 12/30/2018 at 11:25 PM, Gehringer_2 said:

Well, today Teske got in foul trouble against Morgan et al (who scored 25),  but was then in foul trouble himself. Johns Jr comes in and adds 8 pt, 8 reb, and a blk. UM downs third place Ind 74-63. The state of Michigan currently undefeated in B10 basketball.

Looking at the Torvik site and big ten projections, it seems incredibly like M or MSU will win this league at 16-4 or 15-5. We don’t face each other until February 24.  Then we each play two games, and then we play again on March 9 to close out the season. That should make for some pretty good late season drama. 

Of course, that would put us both in line to face each other in the conference tournament championship. And with both Michigan and MSU effectively being interchangeable from a travel standpoint, if they meet in the championship game, it could be a play in game of sorts to determine who gets a 1 seed and who gets a 2 seed. 

All that said, just win all the games. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I have found winning all the games to be a dominant strategy.

You're generalizing.

M makes it 16-0 with a ten point win at IL. Kind of an odd game, UM couldn't get ahead by more than about 12, Illini couldn't get closer than 4. Bad shooting night for M though - they probably could have pulled away if they could have hit a few threes but no-one got hot. With a home game up next (NW) they have a good shot at the school record for wins to open a season.

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

Teske is a force.  His rebounding is fantastic.

Strong on his feet as well, Brezhanishvili at 240 was just bouncing back off him when he tried to drive on him. Funny Teske play of the game: Dosunmu (I think) keep pressuring Simpson hard bringing up the ball and Teske kept trying to provide interference for him but Simpson wasn't using the picks. Then finally one time he did and Dosunmu wasn't paying attention and backed slam into Teske at speed and just crushed himself. Dosunmu looks like the real deal though.