Yoda

The Mandalorian

Just discovered they are doing another Clone Wars series. When does KENOBI air? Right now we have resistance which I have not watched. Anyone else?

58 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Just discovered they are doing another Clone Wars series. When does KENOBI air? Right now we have resistance which I have not watched. Anyone else?

Yeah, I think this upcoming season of clone wars is a limited thing, basically tying up the story from what I understand. I have not seen the final few seasons of that series so I’m not sure exactly how it ended, but I recall hearing that people were upset that it felt unfinished. 

I don’t think they have even started shooting Kenobi yet so I assume it will be coming after season 2 of Mando. 

only watched a couple episodes of resistance. I didn’t really like it but I think I heard it got better at the end of the first season. I think the second season had some crossover with the events of last Jedi. 

Fantastic... I actually started to watch season two of Rebels to try to catch up on that.  Perfect!   

12 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Fantastic... I actually started to watch season two of Rebels to try to catch up on that.  Perfect!   

I thought you had watched all of rebels already. I saw that earlier this morning but didn’t bother posting it at the time. 

17 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I thought you had watched all of rebels already. I saw that earlier this morning but didn’t bother posting it at the time. 

I did. But I wanted to revisit the subject again and wasn’t sure specifically when it was. I remembered season 2 being especially good so I was going to start with that.  

As a lover of movies it must be a cool rewarding job to be a director.  To handle the final outcome of a show/movie.  The creation.  I have day dreamed about being a director.

Favreaus style is perfect for my tastes.

It's funny how Disney lets him be a fanboy with this but I get the impression for the movies they pulled that back from the directors.  Can't be too nerdy about it.  

The last couple movies were a mess IMO.  The middle one was not that bad, but that last one was just an absolute mess of a movie.  I was super excited when this new trilogy came out.  I had such high hopes.  They blew it.  Utterly.

Finally watching the Clone Wars series. Not sure why I've waited so long. Halfway through season 2. Probably do a rewatch of Rebels after because I believe it references the Clone Wars a lot. Especially the Osaka parts. 

2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Finally watching the Clone Wars series. Not sure why I've waited so long. Halfway through season 2. Probably do a rewatch of Rebels after because I believe it references the Clone Wars a lot. Especially the Osaka parts. 

Are you doing it in order?   I watched a 20 min video that sort of summarized it all.  Ahsoka needs her own story.  She appears to be very critical 

I am four episodes in, and if it weren’t for Coronavirus, I don’t think I would have finished two. This show is just not doing it for me. I’ve enjoyed the movies, but the show seems to be lacking something. Baby Yoda is cute, but that only goes so far...

10 hours ago, Oblong said:

Keep going.  

Glad to hear it might pay off. I'd probably keep watching anyway, just because it's something I can have on with the kids around (as opposed to Ozark, Westworld, Curb, etc).

13 hours ago, Tigertown Rats said:

I am four episodes in, and if it weren’t for Coronavirus, I don’t think I would have finished two. This show is just not doing it for me. I’ve enjoyed the movies, but the show seems to be lacking something. Baby Yoda is cute, but that only goes so far...

I think episode four was probably the low point for me. 

1 hour ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Glad to hear it might pay off. I'd probably keep watching anyway, just because it's something I can have on with the kids around (as opposed to Ozark, Westworld, Curb, etc).

I am not sure if you should keep going.  If you did not like the first 4 episodes I am not sure if the rest will change your mind.  I loved it from the first scene on and cannot think if you have not enjoyed up to episode 4 that the remaining 4 are going to change your opinion of it.

5 hours ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Don’t listen to JBK. I, like you, did not much enjoy the first four episodes, but I still watched the last four and overall I think it was a good show and definitely worth the time. 

Finished it. The last couple episodes were better. I was really enjoying killer robot nanny, so I was pretty disappointed in how that ended up. Especially because they showed earlier in the episode that it could easily take on large numbers of troopers. The self-sacrifice therefore felt a lot more like a plot device rather than an “earned” moment.

I’ll tune in for Season 2, I’m sure. Anything with Gus Fring as the bad has at least something going for it...

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

The final two episodes of the new clone wars season was some of the best Star Wars I can remember. 

Did you watch?

No.. I plan on it.  Currently going through Ozark with the wife each night, then I'm picking this up.  Should be done with Ozark by next week.  We get through 1 or 2 a night, but the ESPN Bulls doc interfered with that too.