Yoda

The Mandalorian

I really liked it.  Each one gets better.  The fight scenes drag out but I guess that’s what you get with 30 min episodes.  

the drawings / storyboards during the credits are great too. 

Watching from the beginning with CC on and you can really pick up on things you would not have known.  Like ...

The guy in the very beginning that gets on Mando for spilling his drink was speaking huttese.  I didn't pick that up on the first watch through.  So does Apollo.  

It is not really pertinent as the Hutts are big into hiring/using bounty hunters and I am assuming those 2 in the beginning were trying to bring the bluefish in for the bounty.

And I KNEW IG-88 was familiar.

Shadows of the Empire...Nintendo 64 game.  Back in the day it was one of the first open world type games I had ever played and thought it was amazing.  You run into an 88 riding a garbage barge.

3 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Carl Weathers never ages.

Weathers don't weather. 

I didn't get part of today's episode. He had just said that had his helmet off the day before, then 2 minutes later he said if he ever takes it off he can't put it on again. What am I missing? 

Also, I always assumed Yoda had white hair because he was old. They could have gotten a little more creative than giving baby Yoda white hair also. Minor nitpick. 

Also, they should do like GoT and release each episode at a proper time like 7PM instead of midnight or whatever. That way all of social media are talking about it at the same time rather than randomly throughout the day. 

As an aside... WTF! The edited ANH again. At the 50:50 mark Greedo says "Maclunky" just before Han shoots him. What the **** is that and what is the point in adding it??? 

edit: apparently it was a change made by George before selling it to Disney for who knows what reason. Stupid. Go figure. 

9 hours ago, Yoda said:

Weathers don't weather. 

I didn't get part of today's episode. He had just said that had his helmet off the day before, then 2 minutes later he said if he ever takes it off he can't put it on again. What am I missing? 

Also, I always assumed Yoda had white hair because he was old. They could have gotten a little more creative than giving baby Yoda white hair also. Minor nitpick. 

He can take the helmet off but he can’t show his face to anyone.  
I think this is why he didn’t eat at the cantina and waited to where he could this helmet off.    No shoving food under the mask. 

On 11/27/2019 at 2:28 PM, John_Brian_K said:

And I KNEW IG-88 was familiar.

Shadows of the Empire...Nintendo 64 game.  Back in the day it was one of the first open world type games I had ever played and thought it was amazing.  You run into an 88 riding a garbage barge.

I don’t understand this post. Wasn’t he in empire strikes back?

For a hot second I thought that was Sabine from rebels.  Then the captioning told me her name. 

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

yes.

2 hours ago, Oblong said:

For a hot second I thought that was Sabine from rebels.  Then the captioning told me her name. 

I hope we get her either in this or the Obi-Wan series.

3 hours ago, Yoda said:

I hope we get her either in this or the Obi-Wan series.

Am wondering if they would consider a mini series with her and Ahsoka looking for Ezra.  That’s the beauty of this universe.  Any little thread can be expanded upon.  

I’m going to rewatch a few seasons of rebels again. 

5 hours ago, Oblong said:

Am wondering if they would consider a mini series with her and Ahsoka looking for Ezra.  That’s the beauty of this universe.  Any little thread can be expanded upon.  

I’m going to rewatch a few seasons of rebels again. 

They definitely hinted at it. Let's hope so! 

Haven't watched the show yet but since it's on Disney+ I just wanted to comment on that, just signed up for the hulu,d+ and ESPN+ package for $12 bucks a month(already was a member to the other two but just cancelled my previous subscriptions and signed up with a different email on Disney) and I got to say that I really like the interface on Disney and so far today I haven't had any issues.  I thought there might be some issues since it's so new but so far it's been completely smooth.     

12 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Haven't watched the show yet but since it's on Disney+ I just wanted to comment on that, just signed up for the hulu,d+ and ESPN+ package for $12 bucks a month(already was a member to the other two but just cancelled my previous subscriptions and signed up with a different email on Disney) and I got to say that I really like the interface on Disney and so far today I haven't had any issues.  I thought there might be some issues since it's so new but so far it's been completely smooth.     

You didn’t need to cancel the others. They adjust your Disney+ Bundle price based on what you already subscribe to. You get a 6 dollar credit for Hulu and a 5 dollar credit for ESPN+, regardless of how much you actually pay for them. Long story short, I am being charged 2 bucks a month for Disney+ because I already have the other two. 

12 minutes ago, Shelton said:

You didn’t need to cancel the others. They adjust your Disney+ Bundle price based on what you already subscribe to. You get a 6 dollar credit for Hulu and a 5 dollar credit for ESPN+, regardless of how much you actually pay for them. Long story short, I am being charged 2 bucks a month for Disney+ because I already have the other two. 

That's what I get for assuming, I just assumed I'd get double charged so I cancelled just in case and used a different email.  Not a big deal other than the fact that I'm going to have to re-log into all the different devices I use now.   

On 10/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, Yoda said:

Guessing this has something to do with Boba, or the gear he wears. 

Going back to this..... what was the question?  If Yoda was a race?

On 11/29/2019 at 11:35 PM, Yoda said:

Weathers don't weather. 

I am assuming he can never take it off in front of other people.  I assume he does not sleep with it on or shower with it on.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:53 AM, Shelton said:

Yeah he was on screen for about 5 seconds.  What do you not understand?  My memory of IG-88 in a video game or the fact I forgot about him appearing for 5 seconds in ESB?

1 minute ago, John_Brian_K said:

Yeah he was on screen for about 5 seconds.  What do you not understand?  My memory of IG-88 in a video game or the fact I forgot about him appearing for 5 seconds in ESB?

I didn’t understand how you forgot that he was in ESB. 

1 minute ago, Shelton said:

I didn’t understand how you forgot that he was in ESB. 

It has been a while since I have watched ESB and he was on screen for such a short period of time and was not a part of the story in any meaningful way.  In Shadows of the Empire he was a boss you had to beat and even though I had seen ESB by the time I played, in my mind up to that point it was the first I had seen him because he was such an irrelevant character in ESB.

I geek out on Star Wars quite a bit, probably more than anything else I geek out on, but I do not know every detail...obviously.

18 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I am assuming he can never take it off in front of other people.  I assume he does not sleep with it on or shower with it on.

I guess the wording of it was just weird. "Once I take it off, I can never put it back on". 

14 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I guess the wording of it was just weird. "Once I take it off, I can never put it back on". 

It took me back a little when he took it off looking out the window at the woman, with the window open.  If she would have looked over and saw him would he then have had to retire or something?

Not much lore for Mandalorians in the books that I can recall reading...at least not much in the new canon books.  I never read any of the legends stuff.

Was surprised Bryce Dallas Howard was the director of that last episode.  I like her as an actress, but did not know she was into directing like her dad.

I wonder how the bounties work.  The bounty hunter came for baby yoda because he had a tracker of some kind.  If Mando knows the guild and how they work why would he ever think they would be safe if they can just add new bounties?  I am assuming the trackers (or whatever they really are - something that uses dna or something) may not work at long range, but a good tracker has to at least find the right system before it works or something....then it can hone in on the bounty.