2 43 CB Justin Layne
3 88 OG Michael Deiter
4 111 QB Tyree Jackson
5 146 TE Foster Moreau
6 184 WR Travis Fulgham
6 204 DS Saquan Hampton
7 224 DT Albert Huggins
7 229 LB Kaden Elliss

I like everything but the Tyree Jakcson pick. I'd be all in on taking one of Murray or Haskins if they fell to us and I thought the organization was willing to move on, but they are not. I wouldn't spend anything higher than a 6th on a QB and Tyree Jackson wouldn't be my choice. The organization believes we are truly blessed to have Matt Stafford, so we might as well just keep building a team around him, offense and defense.

If Sweat is gone when the Lions pick — and he could be — I would expect either Alabama OL Jonah Williams or Iowa TE T.J. Hockenson. As I tweeted earlier this week, everything I’ve been told indicates the team is not seriously interested in Florida State EDGE Brian Burns, not at No. 8 anyway.

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/18/lions-full-mock-draft-1-week-to-go-edition/

I'd rather it be Hockenson than yet another offensive lineman.  Atleast Hockenson could potentially be a playmaker/end zone threat.   Having a great offensive line is nice but it doesn't do you a whole lot of good when you don't have guys that can get open.  

an OL starter is simply more valuable than a TE, tho I do admit if we take Hock I will probably just shut up and love him because he's such a fun player. 

I think the board is probably like ; Sweat,White,Jonah. - Greedy and Oliver are both wildcards. Bottom line, nothing helps this team more than the guy Greedy is at or near his ceiling. Whether Matt and Bob think he can hit that ceiling will be the key of course. He's the one guy in that range we haven't visited too, and our first rounder hasn't visited. 

Quinn had a comment I heard on the radio. Not that it means much, but he said that with what they have identified as needs and the way the board is shaping up, they will be drafting the best player available at 8. That sounds cliche, but I think what he’s trying to say is that they can address “needs” with good players in later rounds due to depth at the positions of need. 

I think they end up taking the TE. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

an OL starter is simply more valuable than a TE, tho I do admit if we take Hock I will probably just shut up and love him because he's such a fun player. 

In general I agree but I think the Lions need for a playmaker on offense is a far bigger need.  Last year Stafford was pressured on a league low 16% of his drop backs, so despite having time he still struggled and that was mainly due to the fact that we had nobody that could create separation.   While I'm not sold on Hockenson necessarily and I hope that they don't draft him atleast he has a chance to be a weapon on offense unlike another OL.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

In general I agree but I think the Lions need for a playmaker on offense is a far bigger need.  Last year Stafford was pressured on a league low 16% of his drop backs, so despite having time he still struggled and that was mainly due to the fact that we had nobody that could create separation.   While I'm not sold on Hockenson necessarily and I hope that they don't draft him atleast he has a chance to be a weapon on offense unlike another OL.  

I prefer DL help but I wouldn't squawk too much if Hockenson were the pick. TE has been a real sore spot on this team, it's another big hole to fill, and this guy's already being projected out as a likely Pro Bowler. Seems like a safe pick for a quality player – I don't think any of us would mind a Pro Bowl tight end playing for the Lions. If he's everything they say he is, we'd be set at that position for several years. And Stafford could use the help.

A stud edge rusher would be sweeeeet tho

10 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

I think the board is probably like ; Sweat,White,Jonah. - Greedy and Oliver are both wildcards. Bottom line, nothing helps this team more than the guy Greedy is at or near his ceiling. Whether Matt and Bob think he can hit that ceiling will be the key of course. He's the one guy in that range we haven't visited too, and our first rounder hasn't visited. 

The Lions won't draft Greedy Williams. Not their profile.

6 hours ago, Longgone said:

The Lions won't draft Greedy Williams. Not their profile.

I'll just say that I'm aware of this thought process on the subject.