cruzer1

2019 NFL Draft Thread

40 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I think I'm done with Patricia. He seems like a grade A douche. Has the team practicing outdoors for no reason. Is a dick to reporters. I miss Jim Caldwell. 

One thing we should remain clear on however, which is that whether or not Patricia is a grade A douche-bag to the press and in public probably has very little to do with whether he can build a winning team as a head football coach - so the perception of one shouldn't necessarily drive the evaluation of the other.

27 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

One thing we should remain clear on however, which is that whether or not Patricia is a grade A douche-bag to the press and in public probably has very little to do with whether he can build a winning team as a head football coach - so the perception of one shouldn't necessarily drive the evaluation of the other.

He is a defensive guru and the defense is terrible and the few stars he does have on defense have regressed. Glover Quinn may be due to age but Slay has also seemed to have regressed. Making players practice in the snow and banishing stars to special teams doesn't seem like a good strategy. 

49 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

He is a defensive guru and the defense is terrible and the few stars he does have on defense have regressed. Glover Quinn may be due to age but Slay has also seemed to have regressed. Making players practice in the snow and banishing stars to special teams doesn't seem like a good strategy. 

But that is what I mean. There was a lot of talk on the radio the last couple of days implying that how he went about responding to the press about the indoor/outdoor thing was somehow material. The indoor/outdoor thing is certainly material, but not so much how he choose to defend/not defend it to the press. 

But it seems everything that gets pulled into the Lion's orbit because imbued with ambiguity. Patricia no different. First "He's alienating the players," then "He's weeding out those who won't buy in." The O-line is great one week, bad the next - Stafford manages a game nicely, then turns into a bum the next week. They can run the ball, no they can't. 

I suppose you have to go back to the old bottom line - your are what your record says you are, so Patricia doesn't look  like he's going to make us all forget Caldwell anytime soon!

5 hours ago, Buddha said:

stafford doesnt play defense or ref the game.  it wasnt on him.

The offense sputtered out, took the foot off the gas.   He started missing open guys.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 10:38 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

The offense sputtered out, took the foot off the gas.   He started missing open guys.

Guys aren't open. They need a difference maker with speed. Speed gets open.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:41 PM, cruzer1 said:

They will also need a backup rb, although I hope they bring back ZZ.

Albino Rhino is back. You are right they do need another RB. I am not sold on Johnson’s ability to stay healthy. Although the latest injury is apparently minor. RBs will get banged up and relying on old FA and Riddick is a poor idea.

Allegedly ZZ added a lot of weight and muscle mass since we saw him last. We will see. Hopefully, he helps on special teams. Don Carey is also back, nice to have the gunner back.