Casimir

2018-2019 In Season Moves and Rumors

1 hour ago, John_Brian_K said:

Until this comment I passed right over his and had no idea what it meant.  Now that I do I think it is pretty funny and creative.  Necessary?  Not sure what the big deal is.

Magic had Aids.  He does not any longer.  Even if he died from it...a joke is a joke.

It’s an old joke that originated on South Park. Subway Jared said he was able to lose the weight after getting aides (meaning helpers). Of course, when he spoke it, it sounded like he was saying he got AIDS. I recall thinking it was pretty funny at the time. 

I don’t think the joke really works in this context, especially in light of the fact that Magic actually did get HIV, which isn’t really something to joke about. 

someone made a joke about magic?

wont someone please think of the children!!!!????!!!

big deal.

and im pretty sure magic doesnt have aids.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Buddha said:

someone made a joke about magic?

wont someone please think of the children!!!!????!!!

big deal.

and im pretty sure magic doesnt have aids.

For me personally, I hate any jokes about AIDS or cancer so it's not about Magic for me. People close to me have suffered from cancer so it's a sore spot for me.

If others like that type of humour that's fine but I find it to be cringe worthy and I'm the type of person who is always cracking jokes and hates how PC society has gotten.

In my experience it is usually about WHO is making the joke.  You like them?  Shrug it off.  You do not like them?  Make a big deal about it.

I think everyone has a topic or 2 that either hits too close to home or is personal to them.  There are PLENTY of topics that are "not cool" to joke about.  I cringe at some....what is the intent?  To harm someone or to make them laugh?  Comedians are in it to make people laugh.  Laughing is straight up good for you.  I applaud them.

3 hours ago, NYLion said:

For me personally, I hate any jokes about AIDS or cancer so it's not about Magic for me. People close to me have suffered from cancer so it's a sore spot for me.

If others like that type of humour that's fine but I find it to be cringe worthy and I'm the type of person who is always cracking jokes and hates how PC society has gotten.

that's fair.  no offense meant.  hopefully no offense taken.

3 hours ago, NYLion said:

Yeah, I have an uncle who passed away from AIDS, and I saw the impact it had on black communities (especially in the LGBT world). Knowing the **** Magic had to deal with when he announced his diagnosis, I find the jokes to be in poor taste. Especially when the joke itself isn't even clever. 

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Someone also washes, presses, and folds your clothes, makes your meals, and pretty much anything else you could ever need or want in this life. Cry me those 25 Million dollar a year NBA superstar tears...  😢

4 hours ago, Buddha said:

that's fair.  no offense meant.  hopefully no offense taken.

No worries man, I really wasn't offended. The Pistons? Now they're offensive and not because of good offense.

• Like 1

Woj reporting that Marcus Smart will miss the first two rounds of the playoffs with a torn oblique muscle.

There is reason to be worried if you're Philly. Embiid has missed significant time post ASB, and the comments from Brown & Brand last night makes it sound like his knee may not be where you want it to be.

His stamina has always been a concern, so missing time with a knee injury isn't good for him as the Sixers will be heavily reliant on him in the playoffs. Their depth isn't great, so a short rotation with a fatigued Embiid could be reallllly bad news. 

A lot of bad stuff coming out about Pelinka too.  Just rumors and unnamed sources right now though.

Larry Nance Jr. was about to buy a house so he asked Pelinka if the plan was to keep him around.  Pelinka told him he would only be traded for a top 3 player.  He was later traded to Cleveland in a straight salary dump.

I don't mind him trading him.  Just be honest and tell him if there is a move to improve this team, I will trade anyone.

Stephen A. Smith said everyone in the league hates Pelinka.  So much so that other GM's wont even take his phone call.  Supposedly Magic had to do all high level negotiating with other teams.

magic had to do high level negotiating?  no wonder the lakers got screwed...

Some off season business.

Teams not in the playoffs are now eligible to make trades.  When a team is eliminated from the playoffs they will also become eligible to make deals.  

The final team salaries are now frozen and it appears that Detroit avoided the luxury tax. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41060566-4

The 2018-19 team salaries are now frozen except for individual bonuses that are unaccounted for and if a player has a trade bonus and is moved before July 1. There are five teams projected to be in the luxury tax: Oklahoma City ($61.6M), Golden St. ($51.5M), Toronto ($21.4M), Portland ($15.1M) and Boston ($3.9M). The distribution for the 25 non-tax teams project to be $3.1M per team.

50 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Classic Kings

LOL. They have a much better season than expected, have some really talented young pieces and consider something like this. Unbelievable. 

Lebron fired Luke Walton.  Woj said Ty Lue is who the Lakers are interested in.

I think it was also him who said Sacramento might be interested in Walton.  

19 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Lebron fired Luke Walton.  Woj said Ty Lue is who the Lakers are interested in.

I think it was also him who said Sacramento might be interested in Walton.  

lebron is a really bad gm.