Casimir

2018-2019 In Season Moves and Rumors

Jamal Crawford dropped 51 tonight.  At 39 he is the oldest player ever to score 50 points in a game.  MJ was the oldest when he did it at 38.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Jamal Crawford dropped 51 tonight.  At 39 he is the oldest player ever to score 50 points in a game.  MJ was the oldest when he did it at 38.

I think Jamal is now the all time NBA point total leader among UM alumni and it still pisses me off 20 years later that the idiotic NCAA forced him to quit school early. There oughta be some kind of law against that kind of idiocy.

5 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I think Jamal is now the all time NBA point total leader among UM alumni and it still pisses me off 20 years later that the idiotic NCAA forced him to quit school early. There oughta be some kind of law against that kind of idiocy.

Huh?

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Huh?

He was going to be declared ineligible because he lived in his high school coaches basement out in Seattle or something ridiculous like that. I forget the details exactly, but midway through the season Michigan stopped playing him because they were afraid of playing someone that was ineligible. He left school and entered the draft soon after that. 

Thats how I remember it at least. 

11 hours ago, Euphdude said:

Magic should have hired some aids. 

Sorry....

What a stupid comment. Not funny, not creative, not necessary. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Odd how there isn't much info on the Crawford situation.

I see he was suspended for 6 games because of benefits he received in high school.  Then he came back and they dinged him another 8 games because he declared for the draft between high school and college.  

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Magic is kind of a POS.  He didn't tell anyone he was quitting.  Just walked out in front of some cameras and did it.

https://streamable.com/ev5wr

It was truly bizarre to see how he openly discussed leaving the entire organization in the dark about his resignation. He was acting like it was no big deal that he did this and that Jeanie Buss would be okay because she is his "sister".

That organization is doing a terrible job of preparing itself for a push at a major free agent. New President, new coach, a lot of questions on the roster with Ingram & Ball's health. 

16 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I don't think so, at least not lately.  Prokhorov seems to have learned his lesson and backed off, letting Marks run the show.

Lowe and others have speculated that Prohorov is selling the entire franchise to Jack Ma in a couple years. Ownership change to a first time owner does leave questions on the table. 

24 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Odd how there isn't much info on the Crawford situation.

I see he was suspended for 6 games because of benefits he received in high school.  Then he came back and they dinged him another 8 games because he declared for the draft between high school and college.  

It was certainly not the NCAA's finest hour. OTOH, I'm not sure the NCAA has a had even a fine minute in my lifetime.

The beat up a kid who had no resources for having a roof over his head. Denied him a chance to complete a University ed because he had been poor. Wonderful organization.

1 hour ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Agreed.  Very poor taste. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Until this comment I passed right over his and had no idea what it meant.  Now that I do I think it is pretty funny and creative.  Necessary?  Not sure what the big deal is.

Magic had Aids.  He does not any longer.  Even if he died from it...a joke is a joke.

5 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Magic had Aids.  He does not any longer.  Even if he died from it...a joke is a joke.

You sure about this?

2 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

You sure about this?

I suppose by precise definition JBK is correct.  He may have a latent HIV infection but since his is symptom free, he has no immune deficiency and thus does not exhibit AIDS.

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

The Timberwolves only hire sons of former coaches/GM's.

Tough to really evaluate Saunders given the injuries the T-Wolves experienced when he took over (Covington's loss was huge). But at least they don't have the drama and off the court issues Thibs & Butler brought. 

If PG13 scores 660 points tonight he can beat Harden for the season scoring title.  

22 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Tough to really evaluate Saunders given the injuries the T-Wolves experienced when he took over (Covington's loss was huge). But at least they don't have the drama and off the court issues Thibs & Butler brought. 

OK.  But Layden has his years with the Knicks and a few with Minnesota to judge him on.  Just not sure how he is kept around.  

One of my biggest pet peeves about the NBA or sports in general.  These terrible GM's/coaches just get recycled.  Try someone new. 

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

OK.  But Layden has his years with the Knicks and a few with Minnesota to judge him on.  Just not sure how he is kept around.  

One of my biggest pet peeves about the NBA or sports in general.  These terrible GM's/coaches just get recycled.  Try someone new. 

Agree about Layden. Just saying, Saunders is difficult to evaluate given the roster. And he isn't a recycled coach. 

In honor of Dirk retiring, my favorite commercial from him.

This one was pretty good too.  More so for Nelson going off on Nash.