Casimir

2018-2019 In Season Moves and Rumors

50 minutes ago, NYLion said:

What did he say that was wrong?  Gasol played a huge part in turning that franchise around and should have his number retired.

Just seems odd to announce this a week after dealing him.

And as for the whole number retirement culture, what other players have had their numbers retired while still actively playing?

11 minutes ago, Casimir said:

And as for the whole number retirement culture, what other players have had their numbers retired while still actively playing?

They wont retire it while he is playing.  They just wont let anyone else wear it.

Memphis has done this in the past.  When Allen and Randolph left via free agency, the owner announced both would get their numbers retired in the future.  

Speaking of number retirements, possibly the softest one was announced earlier this year.  Nick Collison will have his number retired by OKC.  Career averages of 5/5/1.

39 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Seems like a move to show respect for what Gasol did in Memphis. Everyone knows they would retire it eventually. 

21 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

They wont retire it while he is playing.  They just wont let anyone else wear it.

Memphis has done this in the past.  When Allen and Randolph left via free agency, the owner announced both would get their numbers retired in the future.  

Speaking of number retirements, possibly the softest one was announced earlier this year.  Nick Collison will have his number retired by OKC.  Career averages of 5/5/1.

Collison is one of those guys like Haslem who is so deeply embedded in the team's culture but is forgettable to people outside of the city.

Good for him I suppose, but it is a weak retirement jersey. 

52 minutes ago, Casimir said:

As @313DetroitCity said, it's a show of respect for a player who had been the face of that franchise for a decade. The timing is a bit odd but not unprecedented.

31 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Collison is one of those guys like Haslem who is so deeply embedded in the team's culture but is forgettable to people outside of the city.

Good for him I suppose, but it is a weak retirement jersey. 

Haslem is a great comparison.  

Maybe VJ in Detroit.  Although I guess he did hit the most famous shot in the organizations history.  

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If they have children talk about being born with good genes.  Have two grandparents that played in the NBA along with your Father and multiple Uncles.  

No doubt.

The bride-to-be was an All SEC volleyball player at Florida and played pro in Puerto Rico.  

She has also dated about 10 different NBA players.  Seth better get ready for some epic trash talk.  

• Like 1

I know he has been an assistant GM there.  But I hope he gets the full time job.  Always thought he was sort of screwed over in Atlanta after those African comments.

The league announced Ben Wallace is one of the 13 finalists for the HoF.

It's the year of the Buck I guess. Moncrief and Sikma are both finalists.  Marques Johnson is also a nominee and I'm pretty sure he played in Milwaukee in the early 80s.  

OT but watching the Michigan game on Fox right now and got pumped to hear that they use the old NBA on NBC theme for their bumper theme.  That's freaking awesome!  

5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Pistons to the G-League confirmed.

Now I will be excited about playoff talk.

I read Thabeet was working out for multiple teams in Charlotte over the weekend.

The Pistons were mentioned as one of the teams in attendance.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:56 PM, RandyMarsh said:

OT but watching the Michigan game on Fox right now and got pumped to hear that they use the old NBA on NBC theme for their bumper theme.  That's freaking awesome!  

I love the theme too, brings back fond childhood memories, but it doesn't fit college basketball IMO. 

This is the college basketball theme that I really want to see brought back.  Gives me goosebumps. Hmm, posting youtube videos seems to be a task on this site so here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN4GJpHruoU

With no NBA games tonight, I figured I would watch UNC-Duke and catch a bit of Zion.  He left the game with an injury 30 seconds in.  Under 10 mins left in the half and he still hasn't returned.