Casimir

2018-2019 In Season Moves and Rumors

Stein gets it.  I would have sent the league a blank check telling them to fill it in.  Cause that guy wouldn't play a second for me.  

1 minute ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Any contract numbers for Ellington? I'd love to cut Calderon and grab Michael Beasley.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Darn, that puts them about 250k below the tax. Right where they were before the trades

ATL has played above expectations. I am surprised they didn't trade any of their players for future 2nd round draft picks. 

And Toronto is getting more depth, nice move for them in case Lowry's health deteriorates. 

Stein gets it.  I would have sent the league a blank check telling them to fill it in.  Cause that guy wouldn't play a second for me.  

NOP is really going to regret not taking the LAL offer if Davis gets seriously hurt (which is a real concern given his past). 

They are playing with fire here. I think they should have taken that Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/draft picks offer they had and should have tried to dump Holiday for a couple more young pieces to build a solid future. 

That isn't a good package and they were smart to wait. Those guys are struggling to make the playoffs with LeBron.

They were dumb to cave into the league and play him. They only have about 25 games left. Pay the $2.5M fine and in the trade request $3M in cash from the other team to cover the fine.

But...how many minutes are they required to play him? No way he goes over 20 mpg for me, and probably way less than that. I'd test that league policy and bring his minutes down every game.

40 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

But...how many minutes are they required to play him? No way he goes over 20 mpg for me, and probably way less than that. I'd test that league policy and bring his minutes down every game.

I guess Windhorst was on someone's podcast and said the league told NO they had to play him around his average.

Then I’d take the fines. This is literally the future of the franchise at stake for years to come. 

Russ with his 10th straight triple-double.  He sets a new record with each one.

Not to be outdone, PG13 had a triple-double of his own last night.  47 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists.  

PG13 is my MVP pick right now I think.  He isn't the scorer that Harden is, he's only averaging 29 PPG.  But I'm one of those crazy people that look at the other side of the ball too.  And PG13 has played DPOY level defense all year.  

The last 12 games he has been unstoppable.  36 PPG and shooting 49% from three.  I remember the first time I saw that gruesome video a few summers ago and I said his career was over.  Guess not.  

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Russ with his 10th straight triple-double.  He sets a new record with each one.

Not to be outdone, PG13 had a triple-double of his own last night.  47 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists.  

PG13 is my MVP pick right now I think.  He isn't the scorer that Harden is, he's only averaging 29 PPG.  But I'm one of those crazy people that look at the other side of the ball too.  And PG13 has played DPOY level defense all year.  

The last 12 games he has been unstoppable.  36 PPG and shooting 49% from three.  I remember the first time I saw that gruesome video a few summers ago and I said his career was over.  Guess not.  

I agree, PG13 deserves that MVP. He is a rare guy who is dominating on both sides of the ball. That has to put him above guys like Harden.

Also crazy to think that if PG13 wins the MVP, Westbrook will have played with 3 MVPs, while also being a MVP. 

On 2/11/2019 at 3:51 PM, Deleterious said:

That isn't a good package and they were smart to wait. Those guys are struggling to make the playoffs with LeBron.

They were dumb to cave into the league and play him. They only have about 25 games left. Pay the $2.5M fine and in the trade request $3M in cash from the other team to cover the fine.

Lifeless performance tonight. Down 20 in the first at home to Orlando. Davis looks disinterested. 

They really should just sit him after the break. Just send him home for the season and pay the fines. They had the hustle squad going on before. Kenrich Williams looks like a nice find. They were playing with passion, energy, and emotion. AD returns and it’s been awful. Losing to Memphis and now Orlando at home  

I lost all respect for Davis. All he had to do was play out the season and make his trade request after game 82. He created a dramatic, awkward situation that sabotaged the rest of the Pels season. 

They tried to win with him. They made the playoffs last year, swept Portland, and played a decently competitive 5 game series against the Dubs. 

If he would’ve finished the year strong and turned down the super max deal this summer, his trade request would be meaningless. He would’ve been traded anyway. If he would’ve just waited until April the whole thing would’ve never gone down like this. Just really sad. He will be booed to oblivion every time he goes back to NOLA. 

8 hours ago, Shelton said:

@Buddha I tried to send you a PM. Are you blocking me, pal?

no!

I don't even know how to do that.

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

no!

I don't even know how to do that.

Buddha must be a popular dude!  I bet your inbox is full.

13 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Lifeless performance tonight. Down 20 in the first at home to Orlando. Davis looks disinterested. 

They really should just sit him after the break. Just send him home for the season and pay the fines. They had the hustle squad going on before. Kenrich Williams looks like a nice find. They were playing with passion, energy, and emotion. AD returns and it’s been awful. Losing to Memphis and now Orlando at home  

I lost all respect for Davis. All he had to do was play out the season and make his trade request after game 82. He created a dramatic, awkward situation that sabotaged the rest of the Pels season. 

They tried to win with him. They made the playoffs last year, swept Portland, and played a decently competitive 5 game series against the Dubs. 

If he would’ve finished the year strong and turned down the super max deal this summer, his trade request would be meaningless. He would’ve been traded anyway. If he would’ve just waited until April the whole thing would’ve never gone down like this. Just really sad. He will be booed to oblivion every time he goes back to NOLA. 

I feel like Lebron and Rich Paul took advantage of AD a bit here.  Trying to force the issue before Boston could get involved.  It was a bad move because everyone knew Boston couldn't get involved until this summer and even a poorly run team like NO is going to wait until then to get the best offer.  

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

Pistons valued at $1.27B.

That is insane.  Owning a pro sports team is like printing money - especially if a mediocre organization like the Pistons can get that kind of return.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:51 PM, Deleterious said:

Well, Lebron has missed 18 games. They struggled without Lebron in the lineup, but were playing like a playoff team with him. 

And yeah, the young players are not good enough to carry a team in the West right now. But they are young, and there is a lot of potential there. 

I don't think NO ownership  is going to pay a $2.5 million fine. So they are running the risk of Davis getting hurt (which torpedoes his value), of not finding a better package in the off-season or of Davis becoming extremely malcontent and dragging their franchise through the mud. 

NOP is not in a position to win right now. A bunch of young players with potential + multiple 1st round draft picks is a place to start with a rebuild. 

5 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I feel like Lebron and Rich Paul took advantage of AD a bit here.  Trying to force the issue before Boston could get involved.  It was a bad move because everyone knew Boston couldn't get involved until this summer and even a poorly run team like NO is going to wait until then to get the best offer.  

There is also the risk that Kyrie walks and things could change drastically for Boston. If Davis says he is not interested in re-signing there, would Boston pursue a deal?